• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A couple of instances where the ruler's faction is not being read correctly when checking for eligibility of laws. These laws are in vanilla so I'm not sure if this is a vanilla or Epigoni bug. Never noticed it in vanilla, but I might not have paid attention to it either.

rulerfactionbugs.jpg

Last edited:
Also tried out the Panionic League decision today at an autosave to see how it would work. The country changes into Panionic League nicely (and I like its flag/emblem) but you don't gain the +1 stability. Tried it twice.

Also all your trade routes are reset when you change into a new country. With the 2.31 beta, the devs made it so trade routes aren't interrupted when provinces switch hands in a civil war. I know next to nothing about the code and modding stuff, but I wonder if that could be worked into country changes like Gaul or the Panionic League decision as well?

It's not a bug per se, but...

With the martial system, I'm finding it difficult to help along prestigious families who aren't connected to dynasties in a monarchy (probably also affects Tribal nations). Unless their sons receive military education, or I happen to have an open governor or ministry spot, there's little I can do to assist them with marriage or progeny until their 30s and a tech magistrate happens to die.

Is there any other way that prominence could be gained?

Thanks for the comments, its given me an interesting idea of including marrying your daughters off to someone in your kingdom. That way I could then include them as a general.

As for other suggestions, you could try appointing them as a governor of a region, if your nation is big enough. the way it currently is, helps balance it up with republics, who also have restricitons. Also I think it makes it somewhat historical as well. Maybe I could implement a single general title that a monarchy could award to someone of their choosing. That would help and not throw it to far out of balance.

A couple of instances where the ruler's faction is not being read correctly when checking for eligibility of laws. These laws are in vanilla so I'm not sure if this is a vanilla or Epigoni bug. Never noticed it in vanilla, but I might not have paid attention to it either.

rulerfactionbugs.jpg

I am pretty sure that would be a vanilla bug. I havent done any modding on the republican law files. I suggest you report it, with graphic. Is this after a you changed from Nesiotic League to Panionic League ?

Also tried out the Panionic League decision today at an autosave to see how it would work. The country changes into Panionic League nicely (and I like its flag/emblem) but you don't gain the +1 stability. Tried it twice.

Also all your trade routes are reset when you change into a new country. With the 2.31 beta, the devs made it so trade routes aren't interrupted when provinces switch hands in a civil war. I know next to nothing about the code and modding stuff, but I wonder if that could be worked into country changes like Gaul or the Panionic League decision as well?

Yes, this would be nice if it was fixed. I suggest you add it to the 2.31 beta thread, using Gaul as an example.

Thanks for the comments, its given me an interesting idea of including marrying your daughters off to someone in your kingdom. That way I could then include them as a general.

As for other suggestions, you could try appointing them as a governor of a region, if your nation is big enough. the way it currently is, helps balance it up with republics, who also have restricitons. Also I think it makes it somewhat historical as well. Maybe I could implement a single general title that a monarchy could award to someone of their choosing. That would help and not throw it to far out of balance.

Definitely marriage of royal daughters would be a plus, and more historical. Makes me think of Medieval Total War, where suitors would ask for the princess' hand in marriage quite often. The further down in the line of succession (relations-wise, as the daughter/sister of the heir, versus the heir's fifth cousin), the less prominent the suitors might be. But that would be a great feature.

Governorship in large empires is a possibility, but the monarchy's lifetime titles stigma really hurts the loyalty of the people who are former Governors. It was either the 2.2 or 2.3 patch that removed that same penalty for Generals, which is why I use that title as a stepping point to get a person married.

Also, I've noticed some difficulties with the Ruler and Heir bride to be features. I can give the women titles to marry the ruler or heir, but then there is no decision or further title I can give to complete the marriage. My ruler or heir almost always winds up marrying another woman. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, some power to marry of daughters is something I will look at.

As for the bug, you are right. Its currently only showing up for Despotic Monarchies. There is an error in decisions/em_decision_blocks as follows:

Currently shows as:
Code:
country_decisions = {
	zmarriage_concubine_open = { 
		potential = { 
			[B]government = despotic_monarchy[/B]
			NOT = { has_country_flag = marriageconcubine_open }
		}

It should be:
Code:
country_decisions = {
	zmarriage_concubine_open = { 
		potential = { 
			[B]government = monarchy[/B]
			NOT = { has_country_flag = marriageconcubine_open }
		}

Thanks for the bug report and other thoughts.

I believe I found a bug as Aremorica. Aremorica gets a core on Veneti, but it doesn't get one on Aremorica. Shouldn't it get a core on both since it needs them both to form?

Also, in a game I am currently playing the Cantavelluni consider the Taurisci to be their natural rivals even though one is in Britain and the other is next to Histri.

With Aremorica, it doesnt need a core on both lands to form. I have seen it form in one of my games and in an AAR. Its a good idea though, as an extra incentive for going for the decision. So I will add it into the decision anyway.

Not sure about the natural rivals one, I cant find any naming or tag conflict that would cause it. I will keep an eye out and see if I can spot any others. Maybe its a vanilla problem - to many nations.

EDIT: Thanks for the report :)

I found another Marriage/Concubines bug. You can assign the title "Heir's Bride To Be" when the heir is age 14. But if you choose to marry the couple then (that is, before the heir is 16), the new bride doesn't lose her title, likely because the game can't register the marriage. So should that heir become king, or a new heir supercede him, you can use that decision again to force the happy couple to divorce and a new marriage to be made, no matter the age of the new heir.

I found this out by accident, and wound up marrying a 3 year old to a 19 year old. Surprisingly enough, they'd had kids by the time he was 7. Big game mechanics problem there.

I think the decision needs to trigger the dismissal clause for the Heir's Bride To Be title.

---

I think the national rivals thing is a vanilla "bug," it doesn't restrain itself to purely geographical rivals. It just looks for nations of similar size and capability, and denotes them as a rival.

Last edited:
There was a typo in the event (which I already found when checking post #24) which removes the title for the "Heir's Bride To Be".

This now works but there was also a problem with the lose_trigger in the title which I have now found and fixed.

I have also added additonal lose triggers, so that it disappears if:
- the heir is a women (also added to Ruler Bride to Be if the ruler is a women)
- the heir is less than 14 years old (also added to Ruler Bride to Be if the ruler is less than 14)
- the heir is married (also added to Ruler Bride to Be if the ruler is married)

I might also add in a physical decision to remove both titles.

Thanks for the help.

Found a bug with the mission to conquer liburni not checking if it's allready owned (and thus triggering every other day in my game).

Also is this compatible with the new beta? ;)

Got some typos in the Install Macedonian king decisions: They all appear as "Instal Antigonid king", although they have different family requirements (Antigonid, Ptolemy, and the third one that I can't remember off the top of my head). Didn't actually try any of them; the requirements appeared to all be working right, it's just the title is wrong for two of them plus "install" has two L's.

The second thing is some decision titled "mp_region_cilicia" showed up after I conquered Cyprus. Obviously has something to do with the region of Cilicia, but I'm guessing this is some unfinished decision you started?
epimissionbugs.jpg

Last edited:
Got some typos in the Install Macedonian king decisions: They all appear as "Instal Antigonid king", although they have different family requirements (Antigonid, Ptolemy, and the third one that I can't remember off the top of my head). Didn't actually try any of them; the requirements appeared to all be working right, it's just the title is wrong for two of them plus "install" has two L's.

Yes, easy fixed, the localisation just needs to be updated. Thanks for the heads up.

The second thing is some mission titled "mp_region_cilicia" showed up after I conquered Cyprus. Obviously has something to do with the region of Cilicia, but I'm guessing this is some unfinished mission you started coding?
Yep, this is an unfinished manpower-culture decision. You must be using version 1.3, this was removed in 1.31. If you want to get rid of it, you can find it in decisions its called em_manpower.txt, you can just delete it.

I looked it up once, and TFD says it's okay to write "instal". Otherwise, it looks like Hardradi has a few bugs to squash. ;)

Instal is a very rare spelling, and is commonly seen as a misspelling. It's probably just simpler to correct it to say Install.

Sigh of relief, I was hoping it was one of those weird Aussie spelling differences. At least there is some support for it. :rolleyes: I have changed it to 'll'.

Yep, this is an unfinished manpower-culture decision. You must be using version 1.3, this was removed in 1.31. If you want to get rid of it, you can find it in decisions its called em_manpower.txt, you can just delete it.

Um might be a stupid question but the main thread says

GOTO THE DOWNLOAD THREAD FOR VERSION 1.31 for EUR: VV 2.31 beta

Where is this download thread?