• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great start! Good luck again :).

Towards world domination!

If you don't finish this with the world conquered by 1410 I will have lost all confidence in you. :mad:

Subsribed. ;) And you don't have to follow my time limit.:p

Good start! You have less things that can go wrong than my game.

What do you mean hard without canceling vassalisation? Read the update (coming right now) and enlighten me.

I had a problem with Korea(or Manchu) ALWAYS demanding both Okinawa and canceling vassalization(I vassalized Chagatai). Obviously this did not happen to you.

Btw, there is no need to accept cultural shift; OPM bankruptcy changes both religion and culture.

Interesting tactic there ;)

Are you going for all those vassals for a 'Rastar Strategy' against Ming?

The main reason for vassalising was that as independent nations, they get the most out of their lands (their cores, their religion) and can therefore support me better than I could support when I would take direct control over the provinces.
I still take some provinces in peace deals, as you can see.

Maybe overextension only happens if you control a certain amount of uncored provinces, and you haven't stepped over the treshold yet, regardless of the amounts of cores you really have.
After all, I believe that this is the start of a World Conquest. Although your infamy might awake the sleeping giant, Ming is.

I had a problem with Korea(or Manchu) ALWAYS demanding both Okinawa and canceling vassalization(I vassalized Chagatai). Obviously this did not happen to you.
Maybe because they had some mission, sphere of influence, core, culture or something hardcoded for historical reason, but Indochina is considered too far from them to be interested in gaining influence/conquering/vassalising the countries there - therefore, they had no interest in forcing you to cancel vassalisation?
I'm probably wrong, of course, Chagatai is quite far off from Korea :)

No cores in any provinces (except Okinawa, controlled by Korea), and for some reason no overextension.
Could it be coded to give you overextension when you have between 0.5 to 0.999 non-core ratio, which would mean that a ratio of 1.0 isn't taken into consideration - in which case, overextension might kick in once you get your first core?

Korea actually first demanded Okinawa AND cancelled vassalisation, but after few declines they only asked Okinawa.

Ah. Never did for me. I solved the problem by DOWing Dai Viet myself, and taking their capital for warscore, since they have a navy but they do not have forts, and they are accessible from Ming territory. If you buy three mercenary units, Korea doesn't dare to DOW you. Japan will, but later.

What kind of war exhaustion did you get from waiting with your capital occupied?

Let's hope that Ming breaks before they get around to DOWing you.

Maybe overextension only happens if you control a certain amount of uncored provinces, and you haven't stepped over the treshold yet, regardless of the amounts of cores you really have.

It requires two trigger conditions: 70 + decentralization * 10 cities AND less than 50%/66%/75% of cores with ADM 6/4/3. Assuming I read it right; it seems a bit funny.