• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ulmont

Field Marshal
103 Badges
May 9, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
See this thread for context, but don't bother discussing any issues relating to China in the EU3 conversion.

So, it appears likely that muslim and pagan nations will be made playable by a less-than-perfect-but-as-good-as-one-can-do-without-the-source-code* mod.

And, as we have learned from bitter experience, you really can't have more than around 12 players in CK MP.

So where would be the best locations to give some competition but with some relatively spaced out spots?

Possibility (all of these are assumed duchies)

England
Northern France
Norway or Sweden
Baltics or Novgorod [this one could be pagan]
Southeastern Russia [also could be pagan, I think]
Hungary or Poland
Italy
Southern France
Spain or Northern Africa [muslim]
Egypt [muslim]
Persia [muslim]
Anatolia or Armenia or S. Byzantium.

Would allow for 0-2 pagan slots and 3 muslim slots (possibly 4).

*I asked for it twice, but I don't care anymore. I've moved on with my life, and I'm not bitter at all.

Dibs on Al-Andalus! :)

Yeah, if you take Al-Andalus, I'm definitely not playing Barcelona.
Well I would assume that it's not Al-Andalus per se but rather the Emir of Sevilla or somesuch. But yeah, Spain's not really big enough for two players, with only 12 players to fill the whole map.

I reserve Pereslavyl. (the Moscow centered Principality).

I think I would want to play something in southeastern Russia.

EDIT: While I will mourn the passing of the Ynglings, I would have mourned KoM picking Norway again even more.

Last edited:
What do you think about the general geographic areas there?
Looks good, with the possible question mark of Germany. Maybe make Northern France into Northern Germany instead and thus give the British player incentive to go continental?

I mean, Northern France is kinda Northern Germany just by the nature of the Duchies in Northern France, right? Normandy can't be taken due to its closeness with the English throne. Flanders and Lower Lothringia are the most logical choices at that point and they are France/Germanish.

II support KoM playing Komnenoi Paphlagonia; everbody love Romanion!
KoM already gets all the love he needs from his AAR's. I think Sid should play Paphlagonia :D

I think Sid is taking Pereyaslavl. I'd like Foelsgaard in... Wales. Yes, lets see Foelsgaard the amzingly great play as the Britons and reconquer Brittania!

Pereyasomethinglawl is in the Moscow area. Surely Russia is large enough for two players (I mean, Russia).

Also, "amazingly great"? May I remind you that I am the only player in recent memory besides Blayne who managed to get his country annexed (Blayne outdid me of course, by getting annexed twice).

Yeah, I was thinking Flanders as "northern france", but you could slide east a bit into germany, no trouble.

I myself would like something in Italy (Apulia), Persia (whatever), or Egypt (whatever again).

We will likely need to do some minimal editing to balance these slots out a bit (Apulia and Pereslavl were both more powerful than allowed at start last game, but that should be easily remedied).

I guess all good things must come to an end, no more Ynglings?

Yeah, I feel I've said about what I have to say there. Better to quit before I jump the shark.

I think I would want to play something in southeastern Russia.

EDIT: While I will mourn the passing of the Ynglings, I would have mourned KoM picking Norway again even more.

While I have my reservations I don't believe that the CK engine makes it impossible although I'll dislike it.

As long as I have the center part I'll be happy I can probly carve out Russia's historical borders from it regardless.

While I have my reservations I don't believe that the CK engine makes it impossible although I'll dislike it.

As long as I have the center part I'll be happy I can probly carve out Russia's historical borders from it regardless.

*cough* ok. If you call dibs on Russia, I call dibs on Europe.