• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
+1 Auvergne.

Ditto - the French may be family, but they've dishonored the cause by trying to attack the Empire. Indeed, unless the Hohenzollerns want a pack of bullies running around the family tree nipping France in the bud is a real good idea.

Siding with Auvergne wins with 12:2, its obvious whos side i'm going to take. Based on the fact that there a board gaming night today and there a chance that there is Diplomacy i will play the war tomorrow, now i'm going to try dominating the world with the ottomans (my favored faction in diplomacy).
Thanks to all participants and here is a little update ;)
--------------------------------------

Chapter 10.5 - Before the war 1574

We accepted to defend the Empire against french Aggressions and fought to show the french branch of Hohenzollerns that they are second tier Hohenzollerns.
lead.jpg

The war has started, Flandern helps France, Genoa and Aragon came to help Auvergne.
war.jpg

The state of the world, we muster 5 more bodied men then France.
troops.jpg

France was peaceful for a while, besides having Military Drill there no real advantage, we both have land 21. And their leaders aren't that good, either.
gen.jpg

It seems that we will be able to defend our view of the world, you can see our king, Hohenzollerns around the world, nobles and the rest.
pyr.jpg

Our military plans:
- Neutralize Flandern (we need the money, i builded a weapon manufactory in westfalen, we just have 200 ducats left and i'm not willing to mint over my limit)
- Beat french troops (prefered in our territory)
- occupy France
- Free some HRE nations (Liege, Luxemburg, Bar, Berry are avaible, the regions of champagne are part of the HRE and owned by France, but i don't see the option to release them in the peace menu)

sometime i got this too, maybe in HTTT you have to occupy the area first before being able to force release
I wasn't able to release champagne besides occupying the territory, maybe in the next war ;)
------------------------------------

Chapter 11 - The French - Ansbachian War 1574-1576

The war started on August 15 1574 with a decisive battle against Flanders, they tried to invade us just to be completly annihilated.
1574-08-18.jpg

We invaded their lands and finished the conquest on december 4 1574. We weren't able to get a favorable peace deal so we kept them occupied and make a decision at the end of the war.
1574-12-4.jpg

At the end of february our forces stand on french soil and the first french army arrived on the board. We retreat to Vlaanderen, no need to fight more french troops than we can bring to the front ourself. The AI moves to Hainault after our retreat. And typically AI they make a fatal mistake, split their troops, one part arriving in Valenciennes on march 5st, the other arriving on 12st. We intercept that move with our troops from vlaandern going to Hainault and arriving between those two dates.
1575-02-27.jpg

The clergy has something to say. We ignore them.
1575-04-02.jpg

Victory is mine.
1575-04-16.jpg

The fate of the first part of their army is sealed on May 3 1575.
1575-05-03.jpg

The second act.
1575-05-06.jpg

Narf! :wacko: ... zero moral army arriving to fast.
1575-05-19.jpg

Auvergne steals our money. Traitors.
1575-06-04.jpg

We finally annihilate the french restistant northern Army. The rest of their troops is busy fighting Aragon.
1575-07-29.jpg

A half year later the southern army comes to visit us in ile the france. We are not pleased and repel them.
1576-01-15.jpg

After 4 month of fighting we finally kill their last troops. Felt like Pingpong again ;)
1576-05-1576.jpg

In june 1576 we finally occupy all french territories.
1576-06-25.jpg

Aragon settles for a white peace in September.
1576-09-21.jpg

In October we settled for peace with Flanders and France.
We couldn't resist, we couldn't vassalize them, they got no money and nothing to claim at all. Besides these provinces. I'm not sure what to do with them but concession of defeat was not enough.
1576-10-15.jpg

Peace with France freeing Bar, Berry, Luxemburg and Liege.
1576-10-16.jpg

Political map of central europe after the war, we are the leading the Hohenzollern branch now. After the AI splitted the northern army the war became a walk in the park.
europe.jpg

Last edited:
This is a very good AAR. It's nice to see somebody with a different goal than WC. You weren't quite able to stick to your plan in that last war though.;)

Wasn't Brabant lead by a Hohenzollern dynasty a some point? That would at least justify you taking over the province of Brabant. Now you just have to make up an excuse for Antwerpen and you're good to go.

I notice in that last screenshot how Bohemia, Brandenburg and Bavaria are rather big. They might still cause you some trouble if they team up. Otherwise you seem untouchable seeing how you swept the floor with France, although they were not nearly as big as normal.

This is a very good AAR. It's nice to see somebody with a different goal than WC. You weren't quite able to stick to your plan in that last war though.;)
Somehow i sticked to it as the next update will show ;)

the 102 to vassalise Brabant must have been irritating.
what country is there in Bretagne?
Yes this was rather annoying. The nation in bretagne is Netherlands.They (still) exist in the game owning osnabrück, holland and the two breton provinces. They became emperor and run rampage annexing everything they could get in imperial wars.

Chapter 12 - 1576 - 1587 - Unfinished Business

The first action after the Ansbachian-French war was to persuade the members of the empire that they should support of the army defending them. The Gemeiner Pfennig was introduced in 1577.
1577-05.jpg

Another Hohenzollen branch, this time in Prussia, started their reign in december 1577.
1577-12.jpg

After the won war a discussion started if we should fight defensive like shown against bavaria or offensiv like in the last war. The regency council decided that defensive is the way to go.
1579.jpg

Dauphine is confused and klicked the wrong button.
1580-01.jpg

We explained them the situation and they accepted our demands.
1580-11.jpg

Should I? A von Habsburg usurping Hohenzollern power. No, I don't think so, to the salt mines with him.
1581.jpg

Embarrassing yourself. Workshop for stupid nobles.
1582-01.jpg

And another Hohenzollern branch... it starts to get boring ;)
1582-05.jpg

Our king comes to age and promptly Wurttemberg decides that they want to be ruled by such a fine ruler.
1585.jpg

His first steps where to introduce new reforms within our realm.
1583.jpg

Directly after that he decided to finish some unfinished business and declared war on Holland.
1586-2.jpg

Some month later Holland looked this way.
1586-1.jpg

We offered a reasonable peace and they accepted.
1586-3.jpg

One day later we talked with the brabantian delegation. After showing them some letters they understand it is Hohenzollern land, but somehow they think we have to fight for our right.
1586-4.jpg

The finished mission to free Friesland pleased our nobles and they decided that this region belongs to us.
1586-5.jpg

Some dutch nobles come to our court and took there place. We accept them (somehow)
1586-6.jpg

In August all the ties between Brabant and Ansbach have been cut and we were ready to enforce our fate and solve the lowland problem which occured after the last war.
1586-7.jpg

One month later they folded.
1586-8.jpg

Diplomatic map of Ansbach and it's ties troughout the empire in 1587.
1587.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Karl Alexander II will be called "the bold" by future generations.

congrats, now you are the power to be feared
what's the situation in the Dutch provs, from the pic it seems you gave them to a vassal/PU nation, Brabant? or my eyes are fooling me ;)

and of course ALWAYS say 'no!' to the Habsburgs! :D You are the Habsburgs now!

this was a nice event , but unfit for the AAR ^^

edit : looking at the events , maybe not , the regent has incredibly low stats ^^

Last edited:
I once had my heir dying while having a regency council. Then I just had the council for 20 years, then I got an heir. 15 years later, the right dynasty was in place again!

It is an interesting and original AAR keep up the good work :D