• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

{LD}Firestorm

Defender of Democracy
54 Badges
Aug 11, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
1964banner2.jpg

Official Forums ------- ModDB Page

We, the members of Team '64, bring you 1964, a mod which will cover the post-World War II era following the events of the critically acclaimed HOI2 AAR 'Democracy's Last Legs'. Where shall I begin?​

In short, the setting is, as said, the post-World War II era. The Allies lost the war in 1953 after a long and brutal campaign in Europe. A nuclear exchange saw the surrender of Britain, which left much of her cities in ruin. The United States was thrown into a civil war, which it won after two years. After its victory it quickly rallied the remaining democracies in the world into the 'Chicago Pact'.

Shortly after, the Soviets re-declared war, attempting to take control of the Pacific from the USA. One of the key focal points of this offensive was the invasion of Australia. After a long struggle (and being pushed to Sydney), the Pact forces pushed the Red Army back and off this island. This is where the mod takes off. For a more detailed rundown, check the link in my signature. It contains a compete timeline of the entire game's events on the first page.

**Note: To keep this page less picture heavy, take a look at our moddb page, the link is located under the banner image**

################## Alpha v1.2.0 Download Link ##################

File size: 344.20mb
Mirror #1: ModDB Mirror
Mirror #2: 1.2.0_1 Hotfix. Must download for 1.2.0 to function correctly with saves
Mirror #3:

*Has been tested on Arsenal of Democracy v1.7

=============

We at Team '64 welcome you to the first Public Alpha of the mod 1964 for Arsenal of Democracy. After hundreds of hours of hair-pulling coding, colorful graphical editing, research and testing, the game is finally in a state where we can say it is 'playable'. For the most part, the game should run until atleast 1970 and work as expected.

Enjoy!

Feuersturm,
Team '64

#######################################################

What will we feature? Who's who in this world? Find out below!
  • Renamed Provinces - The German Ostreich never looked better!
  • New Tech Tree - From 1964 to 2012, we got it all!
  • New Ministers - What is a post-war mod without men to lead the countries? Our mod will feature a brand-new minister database, covering 1964 to 2012.
  • New Leaders - Mystery men will not be leading the Armies of the world. We will have new leader databases for every major country...and maybe even the minor ones if we can :)
  • Elections! Part of the Chicago Pact? Democratic? Then you get to elect your new leader every so often. Of course, if you decide to stray from democracy, your populations might get angry....
  • The Japanese wastelands - While staying on your tour of duty, why not visit some of the ruins of cities lost to the not-so-proverbial nuclear fire? Just be sure to pack your Rad suit...and don't pet the 40-floor high lizards.
  • Canada - Love democracy? Hate Communism or Fascism? Come to Canada! Join the hundreds of thousands who fled their oppressors and settled here for a better life. Did I mention that we have one of the coolest flags now?
  • America! We stand strong! Want to show those Commies who's who? We lead the Chicago Pact, your arsenal of Democracy bundled up in one nice package.
  • Australia - We've got balls of steel. First the Japs tried to occupy us, then the British following their betrayal. Then those Communist Russians came in and tried to take their piece. Where are we now? Free of enemy occupation once more!
  • Germany - We've got the smartest minds of Germany leading out Technocratic government. We excel above all. With the help of our fellow Axis members, we showed those democratic aggressors the door out of Europe. From Iceland to South Africa, Portugal to Russia, we lead the largest bloc of nations on the Earth - and are proud of it! Did I mention we put a man in space already?
  • Finland - Being surrounded by Fascists states is a bummer. We are Communist, but only stick to it because we are forced to. Maybe one day someone will help us....
  • South America - We like the Axis, but prefer our own alliance and sphere. We might come to their aid in war, they might come to ours. No guarantees though, but just enough to keep you on your toes.
  • The Soviet Union - We're big, we're tough, and we got the manpower of all of Asia. We also got nukes. You want to take us on? We have no problem turning you into Japan.
  • Russia - Life as a puppet of Germany is not so bad. We get relative independence, and for following Germany we get alot of bonuses - like protection from Beria and his cronies. The Chicago Pact? They are across the world and are of no concern to us. If only the Soviets would stop funding rebels in our borders....
  • France - Collaborating with the Germans paid off. Trade is great, and we picked the right side in the long run. We got to keep our African colonies after all! And best of all? The Germans support our move to keep them as colonies!
  • Events, man do we love events. Of course events will be included - for flavor and gameplay alike.
  • Mechanized + Motorized Brigades - Tired of seeing your infantry left in the dust? Their experience being used for nothing? No more! Now, with the researched level of mechanization or motorization, you can attach a brigade to bring them up to speed! Of course, you won't be able to attach anything else to them - but everything comes at a price. Of course, we will allow you to build a regular mot/mech division if you choose to.
  • Starting Scenario - What kind of mod would this be without a starting scenario? You will start as any nation you please in, of course, 1964
  • Battle Scenarios - Wanted to feel the pressure of the Soviet invasion of Australia? Got a friend who you swear is a Communist sympathizer? Or maybe you are the Communist sympathizer yourself. Control one of many nations in battle scenarios which will eventually be featured in this mod.

I suppose a Link to our forums might be in order if you want to drop by with suggestions or help, or if you just want to take a peek.

And some eycandy:

ScreenSave8.png

MenuMain.png

Tech Trees
ScreenSave57.png

ScreenSave58.png

ScreenSave53.png

ScreenSave49.png

ScreenSave60.png

*Tech trees are in the early stages and subject to change. Alot of the names are generic and meant as placeholders.
**I know I created a DMLL Mod post, but that was an unofficial one to get help :)
***This mod is a work in progress and has not reached a releasable stage yet. Silly you, you say? AoD is not out! Well, it will be released on the HoI II engine, so we are hoping that the code layouts do not change too drastically :)

'64 Team
  • Project Leader/Coordinator/ - Feuersturm ({LD}Firestorm)
  • Media and Gfx - TRP (Laurence and Vincent) and occasionally me
  • Database + Elections - OAM
  • Map Names - Merlowe vom Osten
  • Resources, Manpower, ect. editing - elryacko
  • Assistants - Dáin
  • Assistants - KaiserMuffin
  • Assistants - SovietAmerika
  • Assistants - Vesimir
  • Assistants - Austria Hungary
  • Assistants - elryacko
  • Assistants - FlyingDutchie
  • Assistants - Midge
  • Croatia Assistants - Zokan
  • Assistants - To the others I might have missed, I apologize. We have alot of people dropping in for abit and then heading off.

And last, but not least, the world which this Mod will be based on (Red hashing is Soviet Occupation ie. Japan and various islands)

DMLLWorld1962.png

Faq
Q: Feuersturm, it is completely illogical that Finland is Communist in a German-won WWII. Why have you done this?

A: Finland was Communist at the signing of the Bitter Peace agreement concluding the Comintern-Axis war. Despite having achieved a considerable victory, Soviet forces were still entrenched in Finland and the Ural Mountain range. Axis forces could not dislodge them from either of these places. Thus, a stale-mate was formed. Though the Soviets gave up all claims on the territory they lost in Russia, they were not willing to give up their ally and all the forces in the region. The Germans could not continue a war deep into the Soviet Union, while continue to combat the ever growing Allied powers. Thus, as the name implies, Bitter Peace was signed.

Q: Feuersturm, Denmark, Norway and Sweden are one country. This is completely illogical. I feel that my country, [insert country here] should be independent. Why is it not?

A: As this was based off of a HoI game that occurred, we are going based off of the results. In the case for Norway, Sweden (a German Ally) occupied it after successfully defeating Allied forces in the region with minimal outside help. We feel that the best way to represent this would be a consolidation of the two states into Scandinavia. This way, both populations are represented in the government. Norway, after serving on the Allied side, was a losing combatant. They should be lucky to have a say in the government.

Last edited:
Its sounds greath. But its germany allied with USA?Still nazis in power.Germany is much larger.

Fire, I swear, if I ever met you in real life, I would probably hug you so hard I might crack a few ribs.

Its sounds greath. But its germany allied with USA?Still nazis in power.Germany is much larger.

Hitler was killed in an aborted "SS coup" (ahem), and now Germany is run by authoritarian technocrats, anti-Nazi, but still pro-world domination. Besides, an alliance with post-Nazi Germany is better than those godless Commies.

Last edited:
Officially sponsored by Totally Random Productions' GFX department. Free of charge!

for now :D

1964 will also feature:
- A custom intro movie and trailer by TRP (you can check out our channel to see other vids)
- A bunch of new and fancy flags
- Multiple paths to TOTAL WORLD DOMINATIO... I mean, democracy!

-TRP

Hitler was killed in an aborted "SS coup" (ahem), and now Germany is run by authoritarian technocrats, anti-Nazi, but still pro-world domination. Besides, an alliance with post-Nazi Germany is better than those godless Commies.

Wait... USA will be allied with Germans? There's no Fascists then? Wouldn't be better to have three classical political blocs, Axis, Allies and Communists?

Wait... USA will be allied with Germans? There's no Fascists then? Wouldn't be better to have three classical political blocs, Axis, Allies and Communists?

Actually, there are the three classical blocs: Axis, Allied, and Communist. It just make sense though that two of the blocs gang up on the third bloc, and it seemed, at the end of the AAR, that there is really a movement for the Allied forces to set aside their ideological differences with the Axis. It's really just fan speculation, rendered meaningless since anybody can play this mod and decide how the blocs work together.

I don't know what happened to Fascism, but I'm guessing its an dead ideology, and Technocracy rules the day in Germany.

Actually, there are the three classical blocs: Axis, Allied, and Communist. It just make sense though that two of the blocs gang up on the third bloc, and it seemed, at the end of the AAR, that there is really a movement for the Allied forces to set aside their ideological differences with the Axis. It's really just fan speculation, rendered meaningless since anybody can play this mod and decide how the blocs work together.

I don't know what happened to Fascism, but I'm guessing its an dead ideology, and Technocracy rules the day in Germany.

Interesting concept. This reminds me on KR mod where Syndicalists are main enemies of both Entente and Mitteleuropa, but when they are defeated, Entente and Mitteleuropa fight each other. Of course, there could be many other speculations, altough I think, that Allies shouldn't get to close with Axis since Axis are main cause of their weak position.

By the way, what kind of political system is Technocracy? I think it should be very diffrent from both Democracy and Communism, some kind alternative to all other ideologies. It shouldn't be democratic, but it should have very special concept, maybe some kind of Corporativism maybe? This system could bear some Fascist elements combined with new ideas to make it unique.

I think that best story would be made if there was KR like plot, Democrats and Autocrats Vs Commies. Axis and Allies have common enemy, but they are not friends. I see that Soviets are still very strong and they could fight war with two blocs.

Great mod! Great team for it also!

But HTH did Argentina annex Brazil????

We're working on event chains for each bloc to align with another bloc, should be awesome. I still hope we can get some of the Kaiserreich event scripters on 1964, they did such a great job and I think 1964 will need a shload of events to keep it ineresting :p

Thanks for the show of support everyone! I have no intent of letting this mod die, I've already put too much effort into it. Since Christmas, work has been going a t a pretty good pace. How far along are we? I really can't say for sure, but when I get a few more things done I will have a better idea.

Now, to answer some questions:

But HTH did Argentina annex Brazil????

The Long and Short: Britain failed to keep a good strategy there. They asked them into the alliance, and failed to support them against Argentina. Only when they started to falter did Britain send significant help. By then it was too late, and Bolivia joined the fray. Chile was occupied after Britain tried to use them as a flank on Argentina.

-Germany and the US are NOT allied. As stated, there are currently 3 spheres. The Axis hold All of Europe and Africa, as well as the entire Middle East. South America is not Axis anymore (lost Alliance status after the Venezuela conflict), but still closely tied to Germany. India, China...screw it, all that is red on that map, are the Soviets. Mongolia exists as a separate state, but barely. The Chicago Pact is the final sphere, encompassing pretty much everything else. Venezuela is the one democratic nation in South America. Finland is the lone Communist state in Europe. And there are very few neutrals left in the world. (A central American state or two, and I think one or two countries in the Caribbean)