• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought I had noticed that when a nation is forcibly released as part of a peace deal, it takes the government of the nation that forced its release?

Heeey, Update!!!!!!

I had an accident with save games, and now my Ansbach save is gone as well.

Oh well, I had already converted to Republicism.
Yes your hesse aar also ended ... i kept reading it till the end ... it was a good one =)

That was rather a strange fate for the Bishopric of Cologne to rise as a Kingdom in Westfalen. I suspect some minor war which forced Münster to release Cologne again. Maybe a nation can be released in a fragmented form if the capital is moved and just giving it the lands it had after the move.
It seems that the last capital is enough to reform an nation, normaly you couldn't release cologne without köln but hey ... somehow it worked anyway ;)

I thought I had noticed that when a nation is forcibly released as part of a peace deal, it takes the government of the nation that forced its release?
To summarize it ... rebels give the orignal government for example archbishopry, force release enable a new government form. this would explain the fate of cologne.

Thanks for your replies :)

I've changed game version to 4.1b, settings remain the same ... i hope everthing works out, no problems so far and so here is another update for you.

Chapter 7 - 1494 - 1518

In 1495 the possibilities of Albrecht II marriage-policies looked quite awesome ... sadly the outcome was another but it just looked to good to keep it from you ;)
14958.jpg

In september 1495 the decision to enact humanist tolerance paid of, a social reform took place in hohenzollern lands.
14959.jpg

One effect of our marriage policy was an new Hohenzollern branch in Bavaria, Hohenzollern dominance in the empire seems ensured.
1497.jpg

10 years later the reformation kicked in and the Hohenzollern captial became prostestant. We decide to enact the new faith, we want a secularized future, humanist tolerance was a first step and now we move on. Albrecht II will be remembered for this step, the first Hohenzollern taking this step.
1508.jpg

Albrecht II died in 1513 and a Regency Council took over. Our legitimacy is alarmingly low, so we decide to hire a Grand Marshal. The money we got by turning protestant is still in our treasury.
1513.jpg

On December, 31 in the year 1518 Friedrich VII ascendet to the throne. As a present the people of Westfalen decided to be a full part
of Hohenzollern rule.
1518.jpg

Here is a list of Hohenzollern Dominance:
Ansbachian Rule:
Ansbach
Brunswick

Inherited by Ansbachian Branch:
Oldenburg
Cologne

Hohenzollern Branches:

France
Brandenburg
Bavaria

Extincted Lines (possible reclaim):

Danmark
Pommerania
Hungary
Saxony

vanished countries with former Hohenzollern Rule:
Wurttemberg (Bavaria)
Brabant (Netherlands)

---------------------------------------------
To finish the update the state of the world and a religious map of europe:

A massive spain after inheriting england, scotland exists, just the same color, golden horde eating timurids, ottomans quite strong, Milan eating its way into south germany and a a muslim struggle who dominates india between delhi and deccan
World.jpg

The reformation kicked in pretty well in fractured france and sweden turned orthodox :confused:
Religion.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I love being snowed under!

This is why I love being snowed under!
if you are still snowed under ... another update is going to be released right now.

:eek:

The horde is on it's way to unite Genghis' empire!
the Horde is still alive ... the next worldmap will show of they finish this quest

That is a mean looking Spain. Just hope they wont eat you for breakfast. Do you think you can pull of the old Habsburg trick and marry yourself to spain and then inherit it.
I'm on my way, next goal is to become emporer ... with this power we will hopefully be able to dominate europe.

I bend some homerules to keep this game playable, just sitting aroung isn't that much fun ;)
1.) I'm allowed to conquer when i get the mission
2.) I can ally countries ruled by Hohenzollerns
3.) I can declare wars to free annexed Hohenzollern Nations

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 8 - 1518 - 1548 - The reign of Friedrich VII the great

Through to his genius military skills Friedrich VII started his reign with the introduction of the militia act in 1521.
1521.jpg

His first diplomatic act wasn't a complete waste of time, but it doesn't end in a success either. Instead of uniting the lands in a personal union a new Hohenzollern branch was introduced to Hungary.
1425.jpg

The year 1526 was a year of mourning within our empire, our beloved Heir, Christian Albrecht, died.
1426.jpg

Cleve and Hesse saw the lack of a heir as chance to become Hohenzollern without risking anything and joined the family in the years 1527 and 1529. One of them should delude himself.
1427.jpg

1429.jpg

The time of fear within the Anbachian realm ended when in 1530 a new heir was born.
1530.jpg

A new neighbor arrived in 1532. I hope he won't get a mission to destroy us ;)
1532.jpg

In 1533 we started our first war, a war to free Protestants in Bremen from to rule of the danish pretenders. Bremen remembered their glorious time under Hohenzollern. Denmark is busy with a war against prussia (Teutons) and we used the distraction.
1533.jpg

Bremen is grateful to be Hohenzollern again in 1534.
1534May.jpg

An Overview over Friedrich VII realm 1534 after finishing the conquest of Bremen. This war doubled our Manpower.
ubersicht.jpg

Some quiet years went by and in 1541 we founded a national bank. You can see our sliders, i won't touch innovative hoping for infrastructural development and i'm still hoping for further social reforms to get free subject. Our next NI will be Grand army (free quality) and we can finance a bigger army, at the moment we finance 21 regiments ... with a forcelimit of 10.
1541.jpg

4 years later Wurttemberg was free again. Netherland forced Bavaria to release this Country. We found some letters proving that this was Hohenzollern Land and intervened.
1545.jpg

The diplomatic an military work of Friedrich VII worked out at his death in 1548. We inherited Hesse and Brunswick and formed a new nation, a nation to count with. We inhertited the electorial title of Hesse and we are still on our way to Hohenzollern Dominance.
1458.jpg

An Overview of the military and economic state of the realm Friedrich VIII inherited from his Father, Friedrich VII, called the Great.
money.jpg

Did i hear Cake or certain death?
Kuchen.jpg

To finish the update the current state of Hohenzollern Dominance:
Ansbachian Rule:
Ansbach
Wurttemberg

Inherited by Ansbachian Branch:
Oldenburg
Cologne
Brunswick
Hesse

Hohenzollern Branches:
France
Brandenburg
Bavaria
Hungary

Extincted Lines (possible reclaim):
Danmark
Pommerania

vanished countries with former Hohenzollern Rule:
Saxony (Brandenburg
Brabant (Netherlands)

Last edited:
Great AAR! I will be watching.
Thanks for your reply, an AAR without feedback would be an empty AAR :)

*claps loudly*
I for one welcome our new Hohenzhollern overlords.
And I welcome you to my AAR.

-----------------------------------------------
Today i won't update in the normal way, i spend my time instead of playing and writing with another task.
Based on tuores tutorial and Monnikjes Worldmaps i experimented a little and created an advanced map showing the state of Hohenzollern Dominance in 1558. I'm playing a dynasty, so I couldn't withstand the urge to use some CK stuff in the map. I hope you like the result. The next update will air some time this weekend...
"An update is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!" - free adaption of Johan, the Wise

800x600.jpg

This is my first attempt to use photoshop... i own CS3, but i just need indesign and acrobat for everydays work... feel free to comment, either on the map or on the last update =)

Wait, how did Sweden become Orthodox?

Is that even possible?

been a lurker for some time; have to say your concept of advancing your dynasty appeals to me lot (much more than usual 'conquer whatever moves' stuff), i like your new house rules (at times ppl have to be persuaded :)), and i'm envious of your map.
will definitely be following!

been a lurker for some time; have to say your concept of advancing your dynasty appeals to me lot (much more than usual 'conquer whatever moves' stuff), i like your new house rules (at times ppl have to be persuaded :)), and i'm envious of your map.

Nice map

*nods like someone from top gear*

Hello, I would like to say that this is a great AAR, and I like your style of play, however, I would like to see a clear Screenshot in political map mode so i may see the land you have.

Hello, I would like to say that this is a great AAR, and I like your style of play, however, I would like to see a clear Screenshot in political map mode so i may see the land you have.

Seconded, a nice view of Ansbach and the situation around it would certainly clarify things - especially with all the inheriting etc.

Very, very interesting AAR you have so far. Can't wait for more.
Here we go, another update is ready =)

Wait, how did Sweden become Orthodox?

Is that even possible?
I am not sure, but i think orthodox rebels from former novgorod territoties

Thanks you, every reader is welcome to enjoy Hohenzollern Dominance. I don't like WCs personally, so i searched some possibilities to slow me down. The concept of Heir gave me an idea ... how it works out could be seen in this thread

Nice map

*nods like someone from top gear*
thank you, it was fun to create it but somehow it was work, too ;)

I like this AAR very much. You have very nice way to write, it's clear and enough pictures
Thanks mate, i appreciate every comment =)

Here you go, Chapter 9 delivers your wish.

Seconded, a nice view of Ansbach and the situation around it would certainly clarify things - especially with all the inheriting etc.
Chapter 9 will clearify things.

i made a mistake, the last chapter ended 1548 and the map is from 1548, not from 1558 ... besides these facts i've been busy this weekend so here is a new update.
----------------------
Chapter 9 - 1548- 1562

Friedrich VIII started his reign with the goal to consolidate his power in the inherited territories. His nobles didn't like his goal, so they proposed the task to vassalize Münster in 1551.
1551.jpg

Being still a young king in the shadow of his father, Friedrich VIII decided to accept the mission. His superior armies whiped Münsters back and besides vassalizing them, another neighbor was forced to accept Hohenzollern Dominance in October 1553
1553-Oct.jpg

The Hohenzollern Branch of Bavaria decided to start a war in september 1555, this was the first time of Hohenzollerns fighting Hohenzollerns - A house divided
1555-Sep.jpg

We tried to invade Franken but after seeing Johann IV skills on the battlefield we decided to fight a defensive war within our realm. All we want is to be left alone.
1555-Nov.jpg

During this war Friedrich VIII health declined and he died in January 1556 after just 4 years ruling our great dynasty. His son Leopold Friedrich I started his reign under bad stars, a war between cousins.
1556-Jan.jpg
g[/IMG].

Dug in in Ansbach our forces awaited bavarian soldiers. Their first attack was beaten back in April.
1556-Apr.jpg

One month later bavarian troops tried to storm our positions in Wurtemberg, but they lost again.
1556-May.jpg

Their last attempt was repeled in September 1556, Bavaria learned its lesson and sued for a white peace. We accepted.
1556-Sep.jpg

After Leopold Friedrich I first successful war we needed to regain our manpower reserves, to much lives were sacrificed in this war between cousins. A messenger told us, that an anhaltian noble became the new Emperor. An opportunity we are going to use to our advantage.
1557.jpg

The Hohenzollern branch of Ansbach relaxed when Leopold Friedrich finally got a heir to the throne in 1559.
1559.jpg

Seeing the weakness of the current Emperor our Nobles proposed the goal to become Emperor.
1561.jpg

We decided to enforce our claim with a war against the elector Papal States in may 1561. The current Emperor and their ally Wurzburg decided to protect them. We laughed.
1561-May.jpg

Step 1. July 1561 - Subjugated Papal States
1561-Jul.jpg

Step 2. January, 16 1562 - subjugated them and regained former Hohenzollern (Hessian) Land
1562-jan.jpg

Step 3. January, 18 1562 - Subdueing the emperor
1562-jan2.jpg

With the emperor accepting Hohenzollern Dominance the Holy Roman Empire decided to proclaim Leopold Friedrich of Ansbach as the new Emperor. Our Nobility was satisfied, too. Our Stabiliy is maxed again and we earned enough money to think about bilding a new manufactory (the first one in ansbachian lands). Our Infamy is ... infamous.
1562.jpg

Looking at the HRE everything is as expected. The pretenders of Pommerania and Denmark are backing someone else, the french nobles couldn't settle on one candidate. Based on these facts our election seems to be ensured when we look on our vassals.
emperor.jpg

As wished i end my update with a political map of Ansbach and its neighbours. You can also see the current Anbachian Military.
diplo.jpg

Last edited: