• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Subscribed.

With the CoT, don't you now gain colonists?

Yep, whopping 0.10 colonists every year.

well i could try doing something like that ^^
how do you keep the lands without forts and small forcelimits and income?

Well, I've got a 6,000 men army, when rebels spawn and take something, I take it back. And after the Shawnee cores, my net gain is 20 plus my current treasury (600), it's no longer that "small".

Sure that's the case in HttT? I thought one of the changes was that all units at a given tech level were roughly equivalent.

MichaelM is right, the new military modernization upgrades my units too. Unfortunately it's another -5 stability.

If you are not in a position to take military modernization right after westernization, you'll have to cope with a +50% stability cost...

Also, you'll need to westernize three times (New World-> Far Eastern-> Middle Eastern -> Latin), are there positive stability requirements for this? If so, it's gonna take a while.

If you are not in a position to take military modernization right after westernization, you'll have to cope with a +50% stability cost...

Also, you'll need to westernize three times (New World-> Far Eastern-> Middle Eastern -> Latin), are there positive stability requirements for this? If so, it's gonna take a while.

You need to be at +2 for each round of westernization. So it DOES take a while.

I think, that totally stupid is that, that fully innovative and centralized tribal country could westernize, but it can't change goverment even after 10 tech.

6 regiments? i had trouble quelling revolts with 10 :D
i had last cores in 1481 , it's 1497 , i've seen portugese ships but no colony
in 1504 i'll be able to westernize , provided a border and a decend high elder :D

6 regiments? i had trouble quelling revolts with 10 :D
i had last cores in 1481 , it's 1497 , i've seen portugese ships but no colony
in 1504 i'll be able to westernize , provided a border and a decend high elder :D

Strange. The largest rebel army that spawned was 6.

So you're playing a Creek game too? Good luck!

the largest was 7 , but i got several at same time :D (and i need more regiments that the rebels , too or i lose)
well , 1530 , saw castillan ships too but no colonies yet :D
maybe i'll assimilate huron too , i saw on the load game screen portugal had colonies in canada ^^

Chapter Four: The Long, long way to western

With the good ruler and a neighbor, the first round of westernization passes. We are now muslim. It takes years before the stability is regained, though.

Discoveries:

blobs.jpg

And looks like whole Europe has gone blobby. Brandenburg, Bohemia, Austria, Hungary, France. And Hesse.

In September 1518 stability is back to +3, time for the next round:

orien.jpg

Another four years of instability and riots, but in September 1522 the final round is available:

gorup.jpg

And I forgot to take screenie (so I don't remember the date), but I made a slider move towards centralisation. It is now -5, correct for military modernization.
Finally in May 1526 I am able to modernize the units:

moderns.jpg

Ughh... -6 stability and +6 RR... not good.

But this is the best advantage compared to PrawnStar's IN AAR:

medievaql.jpg

Western units. So at the late game, we can see Creek Napoleonic Lancers.

Techs start to increase, although all investment goes to stability. I get trade level 2 for merchants in 1528. In the same year, Timucua is colonized:

timucua.jpg

And here it is. The Creek, fully westernized, fully modernized (although tribal) nation in 1531:

creeek.jpg

This looks like deeply twisted fun. Here's hoping that it doesn't end like last time...

That unit upgrade is nice - I'd certainly have put up with five years of pain for it. I don't imagine that full stab investment for a decade or so is a problem. Once you go Latin the neighbour bonus should do all the catching up for you anyway.

Any ideas about your first NI and can you get out of Tribal?

i think i'll continue from my savegame reloading and/or cheating cause castille defeated my army :D

(event 6405? :D)
and how do you tech up so fast? i had some 22k tech costs in eastern group

You went from Pagan to Muslim :confused: Did you become a Christian nation upon full westernisation? Is this a bizarre quirk of the game that forces you to change religion when you westernise. I think you should be able to get the tech without having to give up your religion.

You went from Pagan to Muslim :confused: Did you become a Christian nation upon full westernisation? Is this a bizarre quirk of the game that forces you to change religion when you westernise. I think you should be able to get the tech without having to give up your religion.
On top of that, it had to be Muslim too. That would make sense if Muslims were colonizing your shores. However, that is not the case. How could you convert to a religion that you don't even know exists?

On top of that, it had to be Muslim too. That would make sense if Muslims were colonizing your shores. However, that is not the case. How could you convert to a religion that you don't even know exists?

That is truly bizarre, but when the holy spirit calls you, who can deny that. I guess the poor Creeks will be attacked by mad crusaders soon. Will the Creek become Christians in a final step of the process?

His religion didn't change. When he westernized, he first had to go into the Muslim tech group