• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi there, I have been playing around with this interesting mod, I think it has great potential.

As a side note, I think that The Varangians in the 844 scenario should have knowledge of at least Sweden, since that is where Rurik(ovich) and his varangians came from. Also, wouldnt it make sense that the Varangians had maps of the Roman Empire (Byzantium) ?

;)

Excellent mod! I very much like the map and the set-up.
However, I am getting a crash playing as the Varangians on exactly August 1, 852. I have looked through the event files and haven't found one that triggers on that exact date. I have the save game if you wish to look at it.

I'm getting the same thing with Bavaria on April 1, 966.

I'm not sure if 3.01 fixes this but if you are still getting errors you may try copying contents of this archive: http://cid-a80a324886980c06.skydriv... Medieval World/SpreadOfChristianity^_fix.zip to "Mods\Medieval World 3\Db\Events\SpreadOfChristianity" replacing all the files. You may continue the game from the last save and the problem should be resolved.

There was an error in the event for conversion of Poland to Christianity in 966 and if in 965 Polans decide to go Christian there was no way for the crash not to happen :(

I'm not sure if 3.01 fixes this but if you are still getting errors you may try copying contents of this archive: http://cid-a80a324886980c06.skydriv... Medieval World/SpreadOfChristianity^_fix.zip to "Mods\Medieval World 3\Db\Events\SpreadOfChristianity" replacing all the files. You may continue the game from the last save and the problem should be resolved.

There was an error in the event for conversion of Poland to Christianity in 966 and if in 965 Polans decide to go Christian there was no way for the crash not to happen :(

That was it - works like a charm now. Thanks again for a really excellent mod!

Hmmm. Playing the most recent version of the mod (1067 scenario), about 1096 I got an event titled "Jean Calvin" with text referring to the establishment of the Reformed church (!). The effect of the event was to establish something called "Crusader Catholic" religion - I deduce that this has to do with a First Crusade event chain. The title and event text were way out of context, though.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Playing the most recent version of the mod (1067 scenario), about 1096 I got an event titled "Jean Calvin" with text referring to the establishment of the Reformed church (!). The effect of the event was to establish something called "Crusader Catholic" religion - I deduce that this has to do with a First Crusade event chain. The title and event text were way out of context, though.

Yes. I haven't updated the text for that yet. I thought I had but I hadn't.

First, this is an awesome mod.

Second, the French crown got Auvergne in 1199, and I think they still had it in 1205.

Third, after seeing the cool new loading screens for vanilla and AGCEEP, I thought it'd be neat to have one for this mod, too. So I made the screen below. Thoughts?

Attachments

• bg_start.png
    bg_start.png
    953,2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Second, the French crown got Auvergne in 1199, and I think they still had it in 1205.

Do you have any source? Sources I've read don't seem clear on when Philip annexed Auvergne but i've seen the year 1209 thrown about.

Third, after seeing the cool new loading screens for vanilla and AGCEEP, I thought it'd be neat to have one for this mod, too. So I made the screen below. Thoughts?

You don't like the Fall of Constantinople loading screen? I'll have to see how yours looks in-game. But it certainly looks good here.

Do you have any source? Sources I've read don't seem clear on when Philip annexed Auvergne but i've seen the year 1209 thrown about.
Now I'm not sure where I got 1199 from; I'm pretty sure this (which you probably can't read; it's a paper in a historial journal about the Anglo-Norman state), but it points to 1189:
Originally posted by C. Warren Hollister
On Henry II's death, Philip obliged Richard I to relinquish his claims to Auvergne and portions of Berry . . .

I'm not so sure anymore, but I've also seen a couple maps (Euratlas, DK Atlas of World History) that show Auvergne as, if not French, at least not Angevin.

You don't like the Fall of Constantinople loading screen? I'll have to see how yours looks in-game. But it certainly looks good here.
I think maps make the best loading screens, but that's just me.

Thinking about mine, I should move the text.

EDIT: This is a bit better:

Oh, and the capital of Saxony (and the Empire) from Henry the Fowler until Otto III was Quedlinburg, a bit south and west of Magdeburg.

Attachments

• load.png
    load.png
    955,7 KB · Views: 70
  • bg_start_real.png
    bg_start_real.png
    876,3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Bug?

Two last Magyar events of migration to Carpathia Basin seem to have wrong country tag MAG (Magdeburg) instead of MGY so event chain won't end correctly. Is this intentional?

Nice mod, but wasn't Cilicia Greece/Isaurian? before the Armenians came there during the 11th century, due to the turks raiding Armenian proper so often?

And were Isaurians a culture of their own?

Plus the Rus culture expansion northwards was not that large yet during the 9th century.
And what does 'Russian' mean during the 9th century?
A mix of tshuhnas, few Slavic nobles and few Varangians? :p

I'll be honest and say I've pretty much abandoned this project since Christmas. I don't know why, I just bored of things. If there is enough interest I may attempt to relook at it. It's clear from recent posts that there's still much work to be done.

I'll be honest and say I've pretty much abandoned this project since Christmas. I don't know why, I just bored of things. If there is enough interest I may attempt to relook at it. It's clear from recent posts that there's still much work to be done.
Why have you forsaken us?! :mad: