• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good start here. Take back what is rightfully yours: Normandy, Anjou (Plantagenêt inheritance), Aquitaine (more or less the South Western quarter of modern France). Those arrogant French must be taught not to steal their neighbour's posessions, even if the neighbour is a vassal for those provinces. Just don't hammer too hard to avoid Burgundy swallowing the left overs and becoming a big purple blob...
Until you're ready for it.

For history amateurs lurking there: if Edward the Third had become King of England and France, as there were 22 million French speaking people at the time and roughly 2 million English speaking ones (the English nobility spoke mostly French) the French tail might very well have wagged its English dog (Thank you, Poul Anderson, for the nice phrase) until English disappeared completely, or very nearly so. So Joan of Arc saved the English language and culture when she convinced the French to fight back and kick the English out.
Stupid French nobility and their idiotic idea of chosing Philippe VI de Valois instead of Edouard III. It sure gave us 7 centuries of misery in Europe

I believe you are THE tuore with Papal State WC? Oh I have to follow this one.
btw. England vs. France for Castille crown is pretty awesome

Thats no excuse:mad: You will feed me more of this aar!:rofl:

:( But hey, I can check this thread more often now; I got an iPod touch.
If you think the maps of the last updates were pretty, I promise that you haven't seen anything yet! I learned a few tricks from trashing mad, the author of the Legacy of Mansa Musa. Look at it. Maps are so pretty. And soon you'll see my next update...

Last edited:
Chapter IV: Henry's Union

Shortly after the start of the succession war, Henry (after holding a speech again) left England along with more than 10,000 soldiers and headed to the beaches of Normandy. Castille defeated the French army in a massive battle in Foix, resulting in our breakthrough in the north. By April 1407, our armies were sieging Normandie, Caux and Ile-de-France. Henry IV was leading the siege of Ile-de-France, the French capital. If France looses the city, victory is secured.

And in August, Paris, the capital of the region of Ile-de-France, was captured. The English flag rose to the top of Notre Dame. The unified forces of England and Castille had clearly won France; even though they had their vassals (Berry, Orleans, Provence, Auvergne, Armagnac, Foix and Bourbonnais).

The war lasted for two years after Ile-de-France was captured. Henry's army was almost completely destroyed in a battle in Berry, leaving only 213 soldiers left (including Henry IV).
In March 1409 France was ready to negotiate for peace. Henry didn't accept just a personal union, but a compensation for the past. Warscore was 56, and Henry demanded a Personal Union. In addition, he demanded that France gives up Caux, an English core province. France had no other possibility than to accept.

bz01.png

Henry had now ruled for 10 years. Lancaster family has proven that they are able to expand and contain the kingdom of England. He was feeling sick, though, and therefore left France and returned to good, old England. When he dies, his son will take his place. And his glory. If the Lancasters ever inherit Castille, then the French days are over. Still, even after the long, bloody war, English cores can be seen in Normandie and Ile-de-France...

Chapter V: The end of His reign

After the victory and aftermatch of the succession war, Henry IV, tired of fighting and hunger, left Normandy and returned to his son. Henry V, his son, has a clear talent for military actions (8), unlike his father (4). Administrative and diplomatic skills of the heir are decent (5). Therefore Henry IV hires an ambassador to boost the diplomatic skills of the heir.

Henry feels sick. He has had fever for weeks now, and the constant pressure and stress is already starting to affect. Even the people are tired of the war. A great uprising started in Cumbria in the start of March, and it took many months before it was suppressed. Scotland, who has been our vassal for some time now, sends us a diplomatic insult. Briberies are sent.

Just before going to sleep, Henry IV officially announces England as the defender of the Catholic faith.
And then, during the night of 15th June 1409, Henry IV passes away. On the next morning, Henry V rises to the throne, aged 22. He already has a son, Edward, who is 21 years old (seriously, WTF?!).

New reign of Lancasters has started. And as requested, here's a map of our foreign relations.

relationsmap.png

Green is England, and the bluer the nation's colour, the more trustworthy they are in the sight of Henry. France and north african countries are considered hostiles, naturally.

... On the next morning, Henry V rises to the throne, aged 22. He already has a son, Edward, who is 21 years old (seriously, WTF?!) ...

The game actually says its his son? Because if it says he's a heir, he most probably is brother of Henry V
Or maybe he really started early with *some* things:D

The game actually says its his son? Because if it says he's a heir, he most probably is brother of Henry V
Or maybe he really started early with *some* things:D

It just says that Henry V is the king and Edward is the heir. Damn, this game should have similar family trees like EU: R has.
What do you think about the map? (These are really precious things for me, that's why I'm asking).

They're awesome. I especially like the map of France after the succession war.
btw. Pity you stopped The Orange Colony but this AAR is better anyway

It just says that Henry V is the king and Edward is the heir. Damn, this game should have similar family trees like EU: R has.
What do you think about the map? (These are really precious things for me, that's why I'm asking).

I recognize your work as good as professional graphic designer despite minor color problems. :)