• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WHAT?!

Next thing he'll completely raise the saxon heritage! I demand this madness to end.

Hwicce comes from the a Saxon Kingdom in England, ruled by the Elderman Leofwine, who was the father of Leofric, Earl of Mercia; himself the father of Ælfgar, Earl of Mercia; who was father of Morcar, the very Earl of Northumbria who sailed his loyal subjects to the Baltic.

I am not doing to say that he is more or less Saxon then the recent Kings, but Karnak is supposed to represent the rebirth of feudalism and western ideals of chivalry in Prussia under Prussia's own codes of honor and nobility. Mostly it is because I actually put forth the effort to find a real dynasty name for the family as not everyone is the son of Leofric and renaming them constantly (Gunvald Eadbertson, Sviendorog Gunvaldson, Meinekinus Sviendorogson etc etc would become annoying). ;)
I was especially pleased with Hwicce because it sounds Saxon without sounding too Saxon and was easily transcribed into Prussian.

Last edited:
Sweet update. It reminds me of an earlier time in Prussian history when the kingdom was small yet deeds were greater. We were the underdog and there were savage enemies around us... but we pressed on.

Serlo: To Alania!
Soldiers of Azow: [in unison] For Doom!
Serlo: Ride Azowians!
Soldiers of Azow: [in unison] For Death!

Yep and Mac Cárthaigh are sons of Cárthach :p
Sorry, sorry, sorry. I liked Hwicce better.

Sweet update. It reminds me of an earlier time in Prussian history when the kingdom was small yet deeds were greater. We were the underdog and there were savage enemies around us... but we pressed on.

Serlo: To Alania!
Soldiers of Azow: [in unison] For Doom!
Serlo: Ride Azowians!
Soldiers of Azow: [in unison] For Death!

Karnak the Conquerer. That sounds pleasant.

Karnak the Gallant is the given name.

Nice updates as usual :)

This war should be a piece of cake, no ?

honestly don't want to deal with the AI's disregard for my ideas.

Too bad i don't have enough space in my sig :D

Nice updates as usual :)

This war should be a piece of cake, no ?

Too bad i don't have enough space in my sig :D
Hahaha! Yes I am very quotable. Just ask the people in the pub. ;)

great update! the Prince seems like a very charsmatic charcater, wonder how he'll put up.
I am glad, people seem to like the Azowians.

For those interested in the Prussian MEIOU mod, currently I am almost to a beta phase of testing. PEIOU, as I've jokingly been calling it, is compatible with IN 3.1, I believe gigau has a patch to make it work with 3.2... but I don't have 3.2 and I don't have HT^3, so there you go.

Currently I am making some final touches on the map and starting the diplomacy text files. After this I have a few decisions to add and then I am done. Expect a beta version soon-ish in the MEIOU forum. Also, check out MEIOU proper for a good feel to the game-play style as well as a amazing increase in map accuracy.

For those interested in the Prussian MEIOU mod, currently I am almost to a beta phase of testing. PEIOU, as I've jokingly been calling it, is compatible with IN 3.1, I believe gigau has a patch to make it work with 3.2... but I don't have 3.2 and I don't have HT^3, so there you go.

Currently I am making some final touches on the map and starting the diplomacy text files. After this I have a few decisions to add and then I am done. Expect a beta version soon-ish in the MEIOU forum. Also, check out MEIOU proper for a good feel to the game-play style as well as a amazing increase in map accuracy.

*Head explodes from the overdose of excitement*

Preview of the Isles

In the AAR happenings in the Isles is far from the minds of most Prussian monarchs, but this region experienced many upheavals between the Saxon return in 1168-1170 and 1389 when the EUIII scenario picks up again. The shift in culture from Anglo-Saxon to Anglo-Norman in the southern regions led to major ethnic divisions that, in time, were replaced by nationalistic pride that arose during the wars with the Caliph (between 1207 and 1312) and then later the wars with Ireland and Scotland. So let us deal with each nation independently.

Political-1.png

Countries of the Isles: England, Ireland, Scotland.

Ireland: Ireland was united by the Revisionists under Seoán O'Brien, Duke of Munster in 1258. By 1260 the Muslims left Ireland for good and the region was forcibly made Revisionist. Then the Irish turned to their cousins in Wales and Cornwall, liberating those regions between 1260 and 1270. However, upon invading those regions, both formerly English territories, tensions with England boiled over into war. By this point the Irish-Scottish alliance was solidified, but England managed to hold both at bay, occupying much of Scotland and retaking Wales and Cornwall, though not Mann. In 1389 Ireland is ruled by King Gehard I von Steulitz, the nephew of the last surviving native Irish monarch, Brien O'Brien; who died without issue. They are still bitter enemies with the English, an enemy that they are unwilling to fall to again.

Scotland: Scotland has always been the lesser of the "Three British Sisters". At its greatest extent, the Caliph covered much of Scotland save the highlands. Initially an English ally, the Scottish clan macMurchaid was able to free all of Scotland save a few tiny Muslim city-states. During the wars between Ireland and England in the 1280's Scotland sided with England, but didn't participate very much. In 1289 the macMurchaid dynasty had died out and the succession war between the English backed Meriadoc dynasty and the Irish backed ap Cynfyn dynasty sparked another series of wars between the three. Ireland lost Wales and Cornwall, but the ap Cynfyn's won the throne and Scotland was now officially allied with Ireland, replacing the red lion on gold with a more Gaelic looking white lion on blue. In 1389 the ap Cynfyns still rule Scotland and are still an important ally of Ireland in their wars against England, however the English monarchs now have a claim to the Scottish throne after the marriage of the King of England and the Princess of Moray, Elizabeth Meriadoc.

England: England is a culturally diverse, but fiercely nationalistic entity ruled by William III Iziaslavich. William is the head of the Church in England as well, starting the Anglican Unionist Church in 1358. England's relationship with the rest of Europe is tenuous at best. Bitter enemies with Ireland and Scotland, her navies raided Germany, Norway and Sweden during the 1200's and 1300's. Her break from Orthodoxy in 1313 to join Prussian Unionism and later the shift to their own brand had ended relations with Rome and Prussia. Isolated, England works on its own to gain dominance over all the Isles. Briefly in 1315 England was able to invade and occupy much of Ireland, but staunch resistance and a rebellion of Revisionists in Lancaster forced the English to withdraw, but she remains vigilant to regain Scotland and force her claims on Ireland, becoming a major player in European politics instead of a backwater.

Religious.png

Religions in the Isles in 1389.
Blue - Revisionism
Red - Anglican Unionism
Teal - Norse Rite

Culture-1.png

Cultures in the Isles in 1389.
Pale Pink - Norman
Hot Pink - Welsh/Cornish (depending on province)
Pinkish/Purple - Irish
Pale Purple - Scottish
Purple - Cumbrian
Last - English

Nice preview :)

Where be the aelth saxons!??? :eek::eek:
Hwicce?
How is that ought to be pronounced? :p
Hvikke?

The purest Saxons are the Cumbrians in northern England, which were still Saxon at then end of the game.

Watch family guy, specifically the one where Meg goes crazy for Brian, that joke with the emphasis on the "h" in whip (pron hwip) that is how you say the first part. So it should be like hwike (/ʍɪki/)