Paradox Interactive Announces Lionheart: Kings' Crusade

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shams

Corporate Paladin
70 Badges
Nov 9, 2009
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Prison Architect
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Impire
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • King Arthur II
Conquer History and Forge New Paths in Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade

NEW YORK – December 2, 2009 – Paradox Interactive today unveiled the newest addition to its collection of real-time strategy titles with the announcement of Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade. Developed by Neocore Games. Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade places players between the years of 1189-1192, calling upon warriors to enter the heart of the battle in one of the most vicious wars of all time.

Players will have the opportunity to take on such a challenge as either Richard the Lionheart, set to invade and take back the treasured holy land once and for all, or as the great Saladin, who patiently waits and prepares his people for the oncoming invasion.

Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade invites players to rewrite history through controlling and upgrading leaders and their armies, guiding various historical factions through political events, collecting relics, and unlocking new content in a feature-rich campaign set to take on the strategy genre by force.

Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade Features:

• Play through two single-player campaigns – Crusader and Saracen
  • Oversee hundreds of soldiers in real-time epic battles
  • Command your forces, conquer territory, and expand your realm on a fully 3D map
  • Strategically manage your army between missions
  • Rewrite the past by playing as famous historical characters serving as the main heroes

Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade will be available in Q2 2010.

Follow Lionheart: Kings’ Crusade @lionheartgame on twitter and visit the games Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Lionheart-Kings-Crusade/351555210437

Visit the developers website at: http://www.neocoregames.com/index.php?action=1

So what do you think?

/s

Well, any game that involves Cœur de Lion garners my interest :D Neocore seems to have made an interesting game with King Arthur, so it will be interesting to see how this develops.

You have got my interest..

I'll be following the development closely..

I'm curious to see if this game will be very different to the rest of the grand strategy we've seen from PI

...especially considering the short time-span

welcome to the forums.. where you will either be met with faithful fan love, or devoured alive by the same fans :p

"Shams"- That's gotta be the worst marketing screen name you could have chosen.

From dictionary.com:
sham  /ʃæm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sham] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb, shammed, sham⋅ming.
–noun 1. something that is not what it purports to be; a spurious imitation; fraud or hoax.
2. a person who shams; shammer.
3. a cover or the like for giving a thing a different outward appearance: a pillow sham.

oh man, my main problem is that this is another game outside the timeframe for the existence of the Latin Empire, i just browsed the net yesterday for a game including it, and only Knights of Honor popped up, which I played a dozen times already with the latins annexing all orthodox things plus Rome :(

oh man, my main problem is that this is another game outside the timeframe for the existence of the Latin Empire, i just browsed the net yesterday for a game including it, and only Knights of Honor popped up, which I played a dozen times already with the latins annexing all orthodox things plus Rome :(

There is the old SSI Medieval Lords.

I've once created a rather impressive Latin Empire. It exists in one of the scenarios. It's also a possible outcome of one of the scripted crusades, afaik.

Warning, though, the graphics are very...rudimentary. But the gameplay is amazing. And the interface isn't too bad considering it's keyboard only! It's a very easy old game to get into, unlike many others (which more or less require reading the manual to learn the controls).

Let's hope that the strategy part of the game, between battles, is really intesresting and fully developed to make this game shine.

Let's hope that the strategy part of the game, between battles, is really intesresting and fully developed to make this game shine.

From what I've read of their latest release set in a fantasy Arthurian Britannia they seem to do it rather better than CA to say the least...

If it essentially playing like King Arthur but back to the crusades, you guys will like it.

Of course, I prefer the Arthurian Britannia so will give the historic holy lands a miss. But no doubts at all that NeoCore have made another winner. :D

It's a game published by paradox in a move that I can not yet evaluate as either being particularly smart nor particularly stupid. Let's say, it's questionable, for the point being.

One thing to make clear though: It has nothing to do with Paradox games, as it's made by Neocore.

From what I've read of their latest release set in a fantasy Arthurian Britannia they seem to do it rather better than CA to say the least...

Playing King Arthur, I feel more and more that it's 80% RPG and 20% strategy game. Though it helps that the RPG part is pretty well developed, and the strategy parts are fun.

Paradox has grown enough now that it has become a publisher for some of the other small independent european studios that are trying to make a go of it. Neocore, for example, is a hungarian studio.

It's great that Paradox can afford to do this now since they are supporting creative, indepedent, PC games with all their complexity still intact. Not that dumbed down console stuff.

Plus I hope most people would agree with me that EA and Activision/Blizzard have wreaked havoc on the quality of the PC market in their relentless quest to gobble up good small studios, dismantle everything that made them great, and then exploit their brands and churn out garbage as fast as possible (with a few notable exceptions, e.g. BioWare has somehow survived EA's tender loving care so far, thank goodness).

We desperately need independent publishers like paradox who are willing to support small studios and take a risk on creative, unproven, complex PC products that the two dinosaurs aren't prepared to gamble on, given that most of their money is in the console market, or MMO's on PC.