• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm. A question. So, a long time fan of EU. And I have been reading through the diaries etc to get a sense of what this game is.

If I understand correctly, it is EU2 with alot more events and a lot more graphics and easier to mod (which doesnt matter to me) right? And I think I read that its unlimited game play... ie it doesnt just stop at a given year, which is a huge plus for me?

A couple of other questions. Is my vinland scenario that I have with my current EU2 going to be compatible with this game? Will it exist?

If I understand the diaries correctly tou have an option to play standard EU2 or this enhanced version?

I've read through all the diaries already, and followed them as best I can. Am I missing any other core new features I should be aware of? Besides increased graphics and events? Anything else I should be excited about when it comes to getting this game?

I'm just trying to get a complete sense on how different this game is from EU which I still play and already own.

Looked over the manual, the manual doesn't seem too specific for FtG. No where is a section saying THIS is what differs between the two. I scanned the development diaries (maybe I missed it but there was no section dedicated to it in either), but could a little elucidation be shed on the different Mod selections?

Is the 1st just plain old EU2?

Then there's AGCEEP, ok if you've followed it or played it previously.

What about the Age of Timur mod? What is that? I've tried Venice in that and the AGCEEP mod and the original; the latter 2 differ from the Timur starting points, what is the Timur mod?

Looked over the manual, the manual doesn't seem too specific for FtG.
during its redaction we were putting in blue what was new and changed and globally it amounted to 20%. Clearly, the release version of Ftg is much the same as EU2 but with all new features described in the first post of this thread.
Now, people are bringing wishes, new ideas and the game is slowly modified, just as it was supposed to do : through the wishes and the cooperation of its players :)

Then there's AGCEEP, ok if you've followed it or played it previously.

What about the Age of Timur mod? What is that? I've tried Venice in that and the AGCEEP mod and the original; the latter 2 differ from the Timur starting points, what is the Timur mod?
The Timur's mod has been created for several reasons. First it allowed testing some of the changes previously mentioned, new religions, new cultures, different start date, etc.
Secondly it is an interesting period when Timur Leng appeared in the world and created his huge empire, Asian and even East European story will be changed for ever by the empire he created (if only because of the emptyness and chaos it created when it crumbled :eek:o )

Sorry osRavan i didn't see nobody answered you :eek:o
A couple of other questions. Is my vinland scenario that I have with my current EU2 going to be compatible with this game? Will it exist?
probably not, one of the most important changes is the totally remade database structure. The scenario would have to be converted to use the new structure.

If I understand the diaries correctly tou have an option to play standard EU2 or this enhanced version?
I'm not sure that I understand correctly. My answer is: not at all! You play FtG or FtG+mod, you don't come back to EU2. FtG is not a mod or an add-on

I've read through all the diaries already, and followed them as best I can. Am I missing any other core new features I should be aware of? Besides increased graphics and events? Anything else I should be excited about when it comes to getting this game?
as i mentioned in the previous post, you can read the first post of this thread.
Also, look at the AARs proposed to see how people use the new features.

- minimum requirement OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista or windows 7;
300MHz CPU, 512Mb RAM (the OS alone may need more);
DirectX 8.0, 4Mb video card

In the 3rd post in this thread Mats mentioned this post:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10018555&postcount=83
and that the system requirements are similar as for EU2, namely as a minimum Windows *95*.

I still run Windows 98SE on my computer so I´m right between "runs on Windows 95" and "needs at least Windows 2000".

So which minimum is correct?

Win2k minimum I'm afraid. Though wouldn't it easy to upgrade now. Personally I used Win2k for long and found it always superior to 95. Of course it's your personal choice....

And I think I read that its unlimited game play... ie it doesnt just stop at a given year, which is a huge plus for me?

Probably not automatically, but you *can* play outside of the usual 1419-1819 timeframe. See Timur scenario, which has for example:

startyear = 1399
endyear = 1819

Which is IMO easy to edit for example in the GC, even if one is not primarily interested in modding.

Win2k minimum I'm afraid. Though wouldn't it easy to upgrade now. Personally I used Win2k for long and found it always superior to 95. Of course it's your personal choice....

I already have upgraded my operating system several times. The last time from Windows 95 C - to Windows 98 SE. Not for some game, but because I wanted to use harddisks larger than 32 GB without problems.

To this date there is only 1 game that I want to play and that I can´t, EU III and if FtG needs 2000 then there are 2 that I would like but can´t play. Still no need to upgrade for me. If I need to have a harddisk larger than 128 GB *then* I will upgrade :cool:

Could post 3 and it´s link to the post with Windows 95 as minimum be amended so that it´s clear that the minimum requirements of post 1 are the valid ones?

Probably not automatically, but you *can* play outside of the usual 1419-1819 timeframe. See Timur scenario, which has for example:

Which is IMO easy to edit for example in the GC, even if one is not primarily interested in modding.
You can also change it in the victory conditions screen when loading a scenario or saved game.

Can I convert from FTG to Victoria after I finish?
There is no FTG -> Victoria converter currently. The dev team will not create one because we have too much things to do in FTG itself. Maybe one will be created or old EU2 -> Victoria adapted by the community.

I guess what I don't understand is why were these modifications not incorporated into EU3 Complete? I don't see any comparison of FtG to EU3 Complete and I am trying to determine if I am going backwards by getting this game?

FTG can't run on Windows 98 or older version. This is is a limitation of the development environment.

Would that exclude Windows Me as well? Or is Windows Me on the same level as Windows 2000 which works?