• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about ship sprites! Will they not evolve to?

What about ship sprites! Will they not evolve to?

I'm guessing that ship sprites are a completely different issue, since ships get replaced with completely different units rather than gradually upgraded.

2922pld.jpg

OVER THE TOP, LADS!!

reminds me alot of the Great War series by Harry Turtledove :D

I am sad to announce that Victoria 2 has been cancelled, however Crusader Kings 2 is out next week.

Don't say things like that! My heart almost stopped even though I know you were joking.

I agree, although the obvious problem is trying to get more detailed (and thus bigger) sprites into what are possibly smaller provinces (since there are many more of them). Surely even a single rank would be doable though, with some tweaking. Still, it's a minor issue, which I'll happily leave to modders - unless Paradox has a spare artist lying around in a cupboard somewhere?

Oh and although there probably won't be much demand for it here as we will stick with the game until we understand it, I do hope a decent tutorial is included to help get better reviews and attract more casual gamers. The turorials seem to be a common complaint in reviews of Paradox games, yet a good one could reduce the game's learning curve without reducing its complexity.

Vicky 1 didn't have one at all. It must have been pretty confusing to someone new to Paradox games - you select a country, then you see a map, time starts running and you have to work out what you're supposed to be doing.

Last edited:
Oh and although there probably won't be much demand for it here as we will stick with the game until we understand it, I do hope a decent tutorial is included to help get better reviews and attract more casual gamers. The turorials seem to be a common complaint in reviews of Paradox games, yet a good one could reduce the game's learning curve without reducing its complexity.

Vicky 1 didn't have one at all. It must have been pretty confusing to someone new to Paradox games - you select a country, then you see a map, time starts running and you have to work out what you're supposed to be doing.

It is already confirmed that there is going to be a tutorial.

I liked the block of colour coated men in Victoria, an ingame option between the two maybe, EU or Victoria style or even Counters depending on personal preference.

Thanks for the update. I am eagerly awaiting details about the map. I have heard the map is going to be the most accurate ever for a PI game so I am quite excited about that. ;)

Thanks for the update. I am eagerly awaiting details about the map. I have heard the map is going to be the most accurate ever for a PI game so I am quite excited about that. ;)

Yes, me too :cool:.

I agree, although the obvious problem is trying to get more detailed (and thus bigger) sprites into what are possibly smaller provinces (since there are many more of them). Surely even a single rank would be doable though, with some tweaking. Still, it's a minor issue, which I'll happily leave to modders - unless Paradox has a spare artist lying around in a cupboard somewhere?

Obviously, we need a zoom feature as suggested for HOI3, where you can zoom in close enough to read CSA's belt buckles, especially the Texas ones. And make 'em look this big.
texasbeltbuckle.jpg