• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IF all are identical then events 9201, 9202, 9203 and 9204 can simply use the text of 9200 - and we can delete text 3 copies of the text and save a lot of space.

Or we change one of the text to better fit the english/US player so that not both get the same text.

They are not identical, but they all say the same thing.. Skipping three of them wouldn't matter any.

Changes to the Bases&Destroyers event chain

First draft for testing purposes:

Changes to /config/text.csv
Event descriptions and event names that are identical in their meaning can be deleted. The events then use all the same remaining event description and name of 9200:

Code:
[color=red]CEVTDESC_9204;In the summer of 1940, the situation appeared rather grim for Britain. They had been driven off the continent, and had lost most of their heavy equipment. Additionally, the presence of U-Boats in the Atlantic threatened their mercantile lifelines. In response, Churchill pleaded with Roosevelt for some assistance. He warned that if the Germans were able to force a political settlement with Britain (which had been discussed in the British Cabinet in the dark days of late May and early June), it would seal German control of Western Europe, and permanently alter the political situation of the world. Roosevelt, hamstrung by the U.S. Neutrality Acts, found a way to get around the intent of the law;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTDESC_9203;In the summer of 1940, the situation appeared rather grim for merry old England. They had been driven off the Continent, and most of their army had lost most of their heavy equipment. Added to this bad situation, the threat of U-Boats in the Atlantic threatened the very lifelines of Britain. In response to this situation, Churchill pleaded with Roosevelt for some assistance, warning that if the Germans were able to force a political settlement with Britain (which had been discussed in the British Cabinet in the dark days of late May and early June) it would seal German control of Western Europe, and permanently alter the political situation of the world. Roosevelt, hamstrung by the U.S. Neutrality Acts, found a way to get around the intent of the law;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTDESC_9202;In the summer of 1940, the situation appeared rather grim for merry old England. They had been driven off the Continent, and most of their army had lost most of their heavy equipment. Added to this bad situation, the threat of U-Boats in the Atlantic threatened the very lifelines of Britain. In response to this situation, Churchill pleaded with Roosevelt for some assistance, warning that if the Germans were able to force a political settlement with Britain (which had been discussed in the British Cabinet in the dark days of late May and early June) it would seal German control of Western Europe, and permanently alter the political situation of the world. Roosevelt, hamstrung by the U.S. Neutrality Acts, found a way to get around the intent of the law;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTDESC_9201;In the summer of 1940, the situation appeared rather grim for merry old England. They had been driven off the Continent, and most of their army had lost most of their heavy equipment. Added to this bad situation, U-Boats in the Atlantic threatened the very lifelines of Britain. In response to this situation, Churchill pleaded with Roosevelt for some assistance, warning that if the Germans were able to force a political settlement with Britain (which had been discussed in the British Cabinet in the dark days of late May and early June) it would seal German control of Western Europe, and permanently alter the political situation of the world. Roosevelt, hamstrung by the U.S. Neutrality Acts, found a way to get around the intent of the law;;;;;;;;;;X[/color]
CEVTDESC_9200;In the summer of 1940, the situation appeared rather grim for merry old England. They had been driven off the Continent, and most of their army had lost most of their heavy equipment. Adding to this bad situation, the threat of U-Boats in the Atlantic threatened the very lifelines of Britain. In response to this situation, Churchill pleaded with Roosevelt for some assistance, warning that if the Germans were able to force a political settlement with Britain (which had been discussed in the British Cabinet in the dark days of late May and early June) it would seal German control of Western Europe, and permanently alter the political situation of the world. Roosevelt, hamstrung by the U.S. Neutrality Acts, found a way to get around the intent of the law;;;;;;;;;;X

Code:
[color=red]CEVTNAME_9204;Britain trades naval bases for American destroyers;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTNAME_9203;Britain trades naval bases for American destroyers;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTNAME_9202;Britain trades naval bases for American destroyers;;;;;;;;;;X
CEVTNAME_9201;Britain trades naval bases for American destroyers;;;;;;;;;;X[/color]
CEVTNAME_9200;Britain trades naval bases for American destroyers;;;;;;;;;;X

Change to /events/cored_bolted.txt

Code:
######################################################################### 
# 9200 - Bases For Destroyers US England, Proposal
# Bolted
# It would be nice if destroyers could actually be turned over to 
# Britain, but there has been no explanation of the relevant command
# and its relationship to the Unit ID structure 

event = { 
	id = 9200
	random = no
	country = ENG

trigger = {
		minister = 6001 # HoS FDR
		war = { country = GER country = ENG }
			OR = {
				control = { province = 527 data = GER } # Paris
				exists = VIC
				}
                         [color=yellow]OR = {
	control = { province = 233 data = ENG } #must control at least one of the english bases in America to start the event sequence
 	        control = { province = 260 data = ENG }
	        control = { province = 225 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 268 data = ENG }
        	control = { province = 270 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 272 data = ENG }
	        control = { province = 274 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 275 data = ENG }
                          }[/color]
			NOT = {
				war = { country = USA country = ENG }
				control = { province = 499 data = GER } # London
				}
		}

name = CEVTNAME_9200
	desc = CEVTDESC_9200

style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1939 }
	offset = 60 # Check for trigger conditions every 30 days
	deathdate = { [color=red]day = 30 month = december[/color] year = 19[color=red]59[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_9200
		command = { type = trigger which = 9201 } 
		command = { type = dissent value = -2 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_9200
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }
		}
}
# 9201 - Bases For Destroyers US England, Accept or not?
event = { 
	id = 9201
	random = no
	country = USA

# Triggered by ENG 9200

name = CEVTNAME_920[color=red]1[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]
	desc = CEVTDESC_920[color=red]1[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_9201
		command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
		[color=red]command = { type = trigger which = 9202 } [/color] #no immediate trigger.followup event needs to check if ENG actually controls provinces
		}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_9201
		command = { type = influence value = -10 }	# bad international relations
		command = { type = trigger which = 9203 } 
		command = { type = dissent value = 2 }
		[color=yellow]command = { type = sleepevent which = 9202 }[/color]

}
}
# 9202 - Bases For Destroyers US England, USA accepted
event = { 
	id = 9202
	random = no
	country = ENG

[color=yellow] trigger = {
                event 9201
               	control = { province = 233 data = ENG } #can only cede what ENG controls to avoid ceding provinces that are already controlled by axis
 	        control = { province = 260 data = ENG }
	        control = { province = 225 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 268 data = ENG }
        	control = { province = 270 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 272 data = ENG }
	        control = { province = 274 data = ENG }
 	        control = { province = 275 data = ENG }
		war = { country = GER country = ENG } #if not why give away bases?
			OR = {
				control = { province = 527 data = GER } # Paris
				exists = VIC
				}
			NOT = {
				war = { country = USA country = ENG }
				control = { province = 499 data = GER } # London
				}
		}[/color]

name = CEVTNAME_920[color=red]2[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]
	desc = CEVTDESC_920[color=red]2[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_9202
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 233 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 260 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 225 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 268 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 270 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 272 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 274 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = USA value = 275 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 9204 } # USA Accepted
		command = { type = influence value = 10 }	# good international relations
		command = { type = add_division which = destroyer }
		command = { type = manpowerpool value = -1 }
	}
}

# 9203 - Bases For Destroyers US England, USA rejected
event = { 
	id = 9203
	random = no
	country = ENG

# triggered by USA 9201 B

name = CEVTNAME_920[color=red]3[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]
	desc = CEVTDESC_920[color=red]3[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_9203
		}
}

# 9204 - Bases For Destroyers US England
event = { 
	id = 9204
	random = no
	country = USA

# Triggered by ENG 9202

name = CEVTNAME_920[color=red]4[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]
	desc = CEVTDESC_920[color=red]4[/color][color=yellow]0[/color]

style = 0

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_9204
		command = { type = access which = ENG }
		command = { type = influence value = 3 }	# good international relations
	}
}

When the USA decides to take control of all those provinces, should not some cost be involved? e.g. -5 manpowerpool for sending soldiers to actually take control of Belize and the other provinces?

My current draft only checks control of ALL provinces ENG wants to cede in one trigger - if even one is NOT controlled by ENG (e.g. in my current game Belize was controlled by Axis-Mexico) then it won´t happen. Better - but needing more events - would be to check control for every single provinces ENG wants to cede. So would the USA trade destroyers event if they would NOT get the whole english bases in America? If no and they would give destroyers only in an all or nothing deal then this draft is fine. If they would give destroyers even if ENG can cede only some of it´s bases we need a single event for every single province ceded.

Last edited:
First draft for testing purposes:

Changes to /config/text.csv
Event descriptions and event names that are identical in their meaning can be deleted. The events then use all the same remaining event description and name of 9200:

Change to /events/cored_bolted.txt
Very cool tweaks CD.

Please tell me if all testing all goes well.

When the USA decides to take control of all those provinces, should not some cost be involved? e.g. -5 manpowerpool for sending soldiers to actually take control of Belize and the other provinces?
Maybe you are right or a supplies cost of some sort?But is there any precedence we can use as a scale? I am not sure if any of the other events have any such costs lke occupation of Greenland, Iceland,Congo etc?
My current draft only checks control of ALL provinces ENG wants to cede in one trigger - if even one is NOT controlled by ENG (e.g. in my current game Belize was controlled by Axis-Mexico) then it won´t happen. Better - but needing more events - would be to check control for every single provinces ENG wants to cede. So would the USA trade destroyers event if they would NOT get the whole english bases in America? If no and they would give destroyers only in an all or nothing deal then this draft is fine. If they would give destroyers even if ENG can cede only some of it´s bases we need a single event for every single province ceded.
Hmmm some good questions & ideas.
I agree it would be odd if the event did not fire just because only one was already occupied.
I wonder how much of a deal it really was or was it just an excuse to give us destroyers ,arms via a loophole?
Also i am pretty sure if the provinces were occupied by force by other nations that the Monroe doctrine or similar would have been used By USA to trigger war.

Dr

Maybe you are right or a supplies cost of some sort?But is there any precedence we can use as a scale? I am not sure if any of the other events have any such costs lke occupation of Greenland, Iceland,Congo etc?

No need to bother with that, I think. It was a transition in name only, like Iceland and Greenland. If manpower is deducted, then supplies should too, and a division be formed on the island. Else it is just a matter of the local police reporting to a new boss. ;)

No need to bother with that, I think. It was a transition in name only, like Iceland and Greenland. If manpower is deducted, then supplies should too, and a division be formed on the island. Else it is just a matter of the local police reporting to a new boss. ;)

Yeah i like the idea of the tweaks but maybe the costs of supplies etc is not needed as Nikolai suggests.

@CD how did the testing go all working fine in your game?

Dr

Yeah i like the idea of the tweaks but maybe the costs of supplies etc is not needed as Nikolai suggests.

@CD how did the testing go all working fine in your game?

Dr

I forgot to add "event 9201" to the trigger of event 9202 so that it only fires if the USA had decided about the bases and edited the event.

Game starts without problems and events work if triggered manually with the console.

I forgot to add "event 9201" to the trigger of event 9202 so that it only fires if the USA had decided about the bases and edited the event.
Ok now i am a little confused:) does what you already posted need editing or not?
Game starts without problems and events work if triggered manually with the console.
Cool thanks CD.

Dr

Ok now i am a little confused:) does what you already posted need editing or not?

Ok i have this stuff edited and added to test and then to upload..But i am still confused by your earlier comment was there something else that still needed editing?Or was it just info not added to txt?

Dr

Ok i have this stuff edited and added to test and then to upload..But i am still confused by your earlier comment was there something else that still needed editing?Or was it just info not added to txt?

Dr

In my first draft of the events I forgot to add the line "event = 9201" to the trigger of event 9202 to make sure that it only fires if 9201 had already fired. So it was not only textinformation but an important change. However I did edit my post here and added that line in the meantime.

In my first draft of the events I forgot to add the line "event = 9201" to the trigger of event 9202 to make sure that it only fires if 9201 had already fired. So it was not only textinformation but an important change. However I did edit my post here and added that line in the meantime.
:cool:Thanks CD,i had missed that edit when i tweaked my files.All sorted now.

doc.gif

ENG/FRA/POL events

Minor quirks with this event chain:

Code:
###########################################################
# Military credit from UK to Poland
# by Copper Nicus

event = { 

id = 272021
random = no
country = ENG

trigger = {
		event = 3401 # UK Guarantees Independence to Poland
		alliance = { country = POL country = ENG }
		atwar = no
                [color=yellow]OR = { supplies = 500
                                                AI = yes }[/color]
		random = 80
	}

name = CEVTNAME_272021
	desc = CEVTDESC_272021

style = 0

date = { day = [color=red]1[/color][color=yellow]30[/color] month = march year = 1939 }
	offset = 15 # Check for trigger conditions every 30 days
	deathdate = { [color=red]day = 30 month = december[/color] year = 19[color=red]59[/color][color=yellow]60[/color] }

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_272021
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 702035 } # POL waits for shipment
	}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_272021
		command = { type = trigger which = 702036 } # POL reacts
	}
}

The startdate suggests that the event can fire as early as 1st of March 1939. However the trigger also has as condition that event 3401 must have happened.

And event 3401 can happen on the 30th of March 1939 at the earliest. The 30th of March date is the correct date (as it was historically on the 31st of March). So i suggest to move the start date of event 272021 back to the 30th of March as it simply CANNOT fire before due to the other trigger condition.

Code:
#  Guarantee Independence to Poland
event = { 
	id = 3401
	random = no
	country = ENG

trigger = {
		OR = {
			event = 2003  #Treaty of Munich - Sudetenland to Germany
			event = 2004  #Treaty of Munich - Czechoslovakia joins the Axis
		}
		exists = POL
		NOT = {
			OR = {
				ispuppet = ENG
				alliance = { country = POL country = SOV }
				alliance = { country = POL country = GER }
                                alliance = { country = POL country = ENG }
			}
		}
	}

name = EVT_3401_NAME
	desc = EVT_3401_DESC
	style = 0

date = { day = 30 month = march year = 1939 } [color=yellow]historical date 31st March 1939[/color]

action_a = {
		name = ACTIONNAME3401A # Poland must be protected
		command = { type = trigger which = 3600 } # POL
	}
	action_b = {
		name = ACTIONNAME3401B # The world must be spared another Great War
		command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
		command = { type = warentry value = -10 }
	}
}

Code:
#  Guarantee Independence to Poland - Poland Accepts
event = { 
	id = 3402
	random = no
	country = ENG

# Triggered by POL 3600

trigger = {
		event = 3600 # Poland accepts guarantee and wants full alliance
		}

name = EVT_3402_NAME
	desc = EVT_3402_DESC
	style = 0

date = { day = 15 month = may year = 1939 } #instead of triggered immediately by POL choice on March 30th the event now fires on the date of the french treaty with POL
	offset = 3 
	deathdate = {  year = 1960 }

action_a = {
		name = OK # Great!
		command = { type = alliance which = POL }
		command = { type = dissent value = -5 }
	}
}

Changed trigger to not immediately take POL into alliance but only after POL 3600 had fired.

Exactly the same with the identical FRA event:

Code:
# Military credit from France to Poland
# by Copper Nicus

event = { 

id = 432029
random = no
country = FRA

trigger = {
		event = 3401 # France Guarantees Independence to Poland
		alliance = { country = POL country = FRA }
		atwar = no
                [color=yellow]OR = { supplies = 500
                                                AI = yes } [/color]
		random = 70
	}

name = CEVTNAME_432029
	desc = CEVTDESC_432029
	style = 0

date = { day = [color=red]1[/color][color=yellow]30[/color] month = march year = 1939 }
	offset = 15 # Check for trigger conditions every 30 days

action_a = {
		name = CEVTACTA_432029
		command = { type = supplies value = -500 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 702029 } # POL waits for shipment
	}
	action_b = {
		name = CEVTACTB_432029
		command = { type = trigger which = 702030 } # POL reacts
	}
}

A more general issue is that historically on the 31st of March no alliance was entered. ENG and FRA only guaranteed that they would declare war on GER in case that GER invades POL, nothing more.

English WIKI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish-British_Common_Defence_Pact#British_Guarantee_to_Poland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Polish_Military_Alliance

Currently the event chain is:
ENG offers guarantee on 30.03.1939 --> trigger POL response yes/no --> if yes ENG event add POL to Allied alliance on the same day.

IMO on the 30.03. nothing but nice words happened. FRA only really commited officially on May 19th to an alliance and the formal alliance between ENG and POL was only signed days before the german invasion.

I would like to see a change that does not directly trigger
ENG-->POL-->ENG = alliance on 30.03 but
only gives military access and the full alliance not before August.

That would better represent the historical situation in which Hitler until the last moments before his invasion of Poland could not believe that ENG would really go to war for Poland and where diplomatic notes were exchanged between Britain and Germany until the invasion actually started.

To prevent that GER conquers Poland without ENG/FRA doing anything there should be an event checking if POL is at war with GER after the 30.03.1939 and in that case ENG declaring war on GER.

Edit: Changed deathdate to 1960 standard. Added condition to actually have the supplies that have to be paid in the event.

Code:
#  The UK offers an Alliance
event = { 
	id = 3600
	random = no
	country = POL

# Triggered by ENG 3401

name = EVT_3600_NAME
	desc = EVT_3600_DESC
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = ACTIONNAME3600A # Accept
		[color=red]command = { type = trigger which = 3402 }[/color] #no more direct trigger
		command = { type = alignment which = democratic value = 150 }
                [color=yellow]	command = { type = access which = ENG }[/color]
	   }
	action_b = {
		name = ACTIONNAME3600B # Decline
		command = { type = trigger which = 3403 }
		[color=yellow]command = { type = sleepevent  which = 3402 } [/color]
	}
}

Edit: Added command to polish event that when Poland accept the guarantee that they get access to England.

Last edited:
Minor quirks with this event chain:
Quirks!...i like that word,so now officially in Hoi1 modding language quirks are smaller than tweaks:D

Some great ideas here and research CD :cool:

I have also always wondered why there was such a early unhistorical joining of the allies in game(although it does not always happen)

I think these are some sensible tweaks and ideas.

I also think military access is preferable to full military alliance also.As it stops French or English Human player from being able to take military control of the Poles(cheaty exploit)...and access would mean the Polish player could escape his fleet just in the nick of time:)

Am i correct thinking that these changes would not effect the 39 scenario?

Dr

Quirks!...i like that word,so now officially in Hoi1 modding language quirks are smaller than tweaks:D

Some great ideas here and research CD :cool:

I have also always wondered why there was such a early unhistorical joining of the allies in game(although it does not always happen)

I think these are some sensible tweaks and ideas.

I also think military access is preferable to full military alliance also.As it stops French or English Human player from being able to take military control of the Poles(cheaty exploit)...and access would mean the Polish player could escape his fleet just in the nick of time:)

Am i correct thinking that these changes would not effect the 39 scenario?
Dr

That depends on what we want the 1939 scenario to be.

Currently the 1939 scenario starts with GER being at war ONLY with Poland. Poland is not yet part of the allies (as it historically were, they joined the war only a few days later).

So currently there is a logical gap between the 1936 scenario where Poland in most games joins the Allies early on March 30, 1939 and the 1939 scenario starting in September where Poland is NOT yet part of the Allies... :wacko:

I like the setup of the 1939 scenario in that the Allies enter the war a few days late and won´t like to see that changed. So we need to change the events that happen in the 1936 scenario so that Poland joins the allies later - BUT in case of a german invasion after March 30th still immediately.

Edit: Something else - currently France has nothing to say about Poland joining the Allies. Historically the did act on their own and negotiated a seperate treaty with Poland. Currently only the player of ENG decides to offer the alliance and POL decides to accept or not. FRA only follows...

Last edited:
So currently there is a logical gap between the 1936 scenario where Poland in most games joins the Allies early on March 30, 1939 and the 1939 scenario starting in September where Poland is NOT yet part of the Allies... :wacko:
:rofl:
I like the setup of the 1939 scenario in that the Allies enter the war a few days late and won´t like to see that changed.
Yes i feel the same.
I often play 1939 scenario.
So we need to change the events that happen in the 1936 scenario so that Poland joins the allies later - BUT in case of a german invasion after March 30th still immediately.
Yes agreed.
Edit: Something else - currently France has nothing to say about Poland joining the Allies. Historically the did act on their own and negotiated a seperate treaty with Poland. Currently only the player of ENG decides to offer the alliance and POL decides to accept or not. FRA only follows...
Yes that would be more historical.
Is it set up that way because of anything to do with who the Alliance leader is?I am not definite but i think only the leading nation of an alliance can ask people to join?

Dr

:rofl:
Yes i feel the same.
I often play 1939 scenario.
Yes agreed.
Yes that would be more historical.
Is it set up that way because of anything to do with who the Alliance leader is?I am not definite but i think only the leading nation of an alliance can ask people to join?

Dr

And the leader of the Allies is England. So England needs to have the event that finally (but later) adds Poland to the allied Alliance. However between the event in which England on the 31th March offers the guarantee and the final alliance there could be an event for France in May like

"The british have offered Poland a guarantee for their land in case of a german invasion. If we agree to that this may well mean another Great War with Germany and another round of hollow classes in our schools due to the massive losses in the trenches of the war. On the other hand Poland always was an ally of France. Should we join Englands guarantee for them?" (Yes/No)

Yes being: granting Poland military access and triggering the polish event to accept the alliance that in case of Yes triggers the english event to add them to the allies.

For No: I´m not sure here. Would a no of France have stopped England to make the guarantee and meant Poland alone? Or would England have offered the guarantee even without France - in that case France would need to drop out of the allies to make that work ingame...
Perhaps if FRA says YES then the alliance is a full alliance starting in May on the historical date of the POL-FRA negotiations. If no then no full alliance, only that the allies will declare war if Pol is invaded to come in line with the start of the 1939 scenario?

In my current testgame I disabled the ENG event that creates the early alliance between Poland and ENG in March 1939 to test what happens without that early alliance.

Reason was to close the logical gap between the 1936 scenario and Poland joining the allies March1939 and the 1939 scenario with Poland NOT being part of the allies. So Poland should not join the allies before Ger declared war.

When playing a 1939 scenario a few days into the game ENG declares war on GER by event so I expected that to fire in 1939 when I started my 1936 scenario.

But this english declaration of war when I (as GER) played the 1936 scenario and invaded POl on the historical date 1939 did not come, so I searched for the event that has ENG declare war on GER if GER attacks POL and found it.

But not in the normal /events folder, in a small seperate txt file in the /scenarios/1939 folder:
1939.txt

Now I´m confused :confused:

1) Why is an event file in the /scenarios/1939 folder and not like all other events in the /events folder?

2) Why do the events in it fire if I play a 1939 scenario but NOT if I play a 1936 scenario?

3) Why is that event file not listed in the Core_events.txt file in the /scenarios folder which normally contains ALL files that contain events that should happen during the game?

4) How can the 1939.txt events fire at all if this event file is not listed in Core_events.txt?

I guess it´s because that 1939.txt file is activated only by the 1939 scenario in the Core_09_1939.eug file with these lines:
Code:
# Events
include = "scenarios/CORE_events.txt"
[color=red]event = "scenarios\1939\1939.txt"[/color]
# Forts, stockpiles, IC changes etc
include = "scenarios/1939/provinces.inc"
include = "scenarios/1939/industry.inc"
# Victory points
include = "scenarios/1939/vp.inc"

The line about the 1939.txt file is missing in the Core_09_1936.eug scenario definition so the events simply won´t happen when playing a 1936 scenario.

Last edited:
For No: I´m not sure here. Would a no of France have stopped England to make the guarantee and meant Poland alone? Or would England have offered the guarantee even without France - in that case France would need to drop out of the allies to make that work ingame...
This is a very interesting question and i am not sure of a precedent, perhaps Belgium 1914 would be an example ,we went to war because of Belgium's neutrality being ignored ,not because of France (But really because of Belgium being across the coast is a strategic threat).But Poland is not as strategically threatening for us and going to war would mean a sea invasion of Germany and/or via Poland i tend to think there would have be flapping of arms mobilization and more appeasement perhaps a Blockade or trade embargo of some sort which would have led to naval conflict and war.
I tend to think a England vs Germany only war over Poland would have been odd but interesting.Probably just a Air and Naval war:)
With everyone else perhaps taking sides as and when it was in there interests.....many nations might have taken the chance to go Europe united and nibble at British empire.
Perhaps if FRA says YES then the alliance is a full alliance starting in May on the historical date of the POL-FRA negotiations. If no then no full alliance, only that the allies will declare war if Pol is invaded to come in line with the start of the 1939 scenario?

but as long as the allies do declare war when Poland is invaded like the 39 scenario is fine.

Dr

Last edited:
In my current testgame I disabled the ENG event that creates the early alliance between Poland and ENG in March 1939 to test what happens without that early alliance.

Reason was to close the logical gap between the 1936 scenario and Poland joining the allies March1939 and the 1939 scenario with Poland NOT being part of the allies. So Poland should not join the allies before Ger declared war.

When playing a 1939 scenario a few days into the game ENG declares war on GER by event so I expected that to fire in 1939 when I started my 1936 scenario.

But this english declaration of war when I (as GER) played the 1936 scenario and invaded POl on the historical date 1939 did not come, so I searched for the event that has ENG declare war on GER if GER attacks POL and found it.

But not in the normal /events folder, in a small seperate txt file in the /scenarios/1939 folder:
1939.txt

Now I´m confused :confused:

1) Why is an event file in the /scenarios/1939 folder and not like all other events in the /events folder?

2) Why do the events in it fire if I play a 1939 scenario but NOT if I play a 1936 scenario?

3) Why is that event file not listed in the Core_events.txt file in the /scenarios folder which normally contains ALL files that contain events that should happen during the game?

4) How can the 1939.txt events fire at all if this event file is not listed in Core_events.txt?

I guess it´s because that 1939.txt file is activated only by the 1939 scenario in the Core_09_1939.eug file with these lines:
Code:
# Events
include = "scenarios/CORE_events.txt"
event = "scenarios\1939\1939.txt"
# Forts, stockpiles, IC changes etc
include = "scenarios/1939/provinces.inc"
include = "scenarios/1939/industry.inc"
# Victory points
include = "scenarios/1939/vp.inc"

The line about the 1939.txt file is missing in the Core_09_1936.eug scenario definition so the events simply won´t happen when playing a 1936 scenario.

You seem to have answered all your own questions:) Yes you are correct it is all to do with the set up for the 39 scenario using the .eug & would be similar if there was a 41 or 44 one etc.

so i guess the events could be taken to be used for the 36 scenario and swapped for or used alongside the current 36 ones and this still would not effect the 39 game?

Dr

You seem to have answered all your own questions:) Yes you are correct it is all to do with the set up for the 39 scenario using the .eug & would be similar if there was a 41 or 44 one etc.

so i guess the events could be taken to be used for the 36 scenario and swapped for or used alongside the current 36 ones and this still would not effect the 39 game?

Dr

I would suggest to:
1) Move the 1939.txt file to the /events folder
Who expects events in any other folder?

2) Delete the line in the 1939 CORE scenario that enables the 1939.txt event file and works only for the 1939 scenario.

3) instead add the events in the 1939.txt file to the existing files in the /events folder.

Result:
No more events in strange folders but all events in the /events folder.

Events that before *only* worked in the 1939 scenario will work now in the 1936 scenario too. And in this way for all scenarios if there would be more than those 2.

I would suggest to:
1) Move the 1939.txt file to the /events folder
Who expects events in any other folder?

2) Delete the line in the 1939 CORE scenario that enables the 1939.txt event file and works only for the 1939 scenario.

3) instead add the events in the 1939.txt file to the existing files in the /events folder.

Result:
No more events in strange folders but all events in the /events folder.

Events that before *only* worked in the 1939 scenario will work now in the 1936 scenario too. And in this way for all scenarios if there would be more than those 2.

:cool:
But that will mean quite a bit of updating of posts to do:eek:

With so many files needing changing it might be easier/faster if you post the current files with your tweaks added to them in packs at stony for me to integrate?

My only issue with moving the 1939.txt is that it will not overwrite as all other packs there will still be the stray 1939.txt in the scenarios folder ,but it will be obsolete and not read by the game so its not much of a issue.

event 999980 in the series should be made end date 1960.

What of the events tweaks you posted in post 650?Will they still be needed or will those events be obsolete?Or do they still need to be added to with the extra events you suggested?

Dr