• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mine were a bit weird, having only played EU3 ever since it came out it was bit of a shocker and a bit of nostalgy to return to the EU2 setting. Then playing as the ottomans selecting my army in serbia i experienced an instant CTD... Well, I was going to make homework anyway.. ;)

Some questions... Where can we find info about the mods that follows the game? Perhaps add a readme with a short description about the relevant mod in the mod folder.. :)

The game genrally works fine, however I have encounterd some strange things.

(1) Playing AGCEEP, Hussite converted to Catholic as soon as they've got independent, resulting in the end of Hussite war within one month.

(2)Playing Age of Timur, Inca has sent a marchant to my COT in Quilian Pendi as early as 1464.

Downloaded it about two hours ago, been playing ever since.

I decided to have a go with Burgundy, they have always been quite interesting, and I enjoy the ahistorical matches you can arrange upon the death of Charles the Bold. Electoral Palatinate and Burgundy? Yes, please! :D

It has a different feel from EU2, the same, yet very much different. All the little improvements, especially graphically or otherwise are very great. The AI is smarter, too! No more huge stacks of doom for one province minors, and the AI also doesn't use huge stacks to besiege anymore. I haven't seen anything crazy yet (I'm at 1440 right now) except Austria chose to keep Ansbach instead of giving it to Bavaria. I'm playing with AGCEEP by the way. :)

The game is very smooth, runs quickly, and I haven't experienced any errors yet. It seems much, much more stable than EU2 ever was -- even with 1.09 patch I often received a lot of CTDs, especially when saving and quitting a game. Not the case here.

I look forward to many hours and days of play with FTG, it was truly worth the wait. If anyone hasn't purchased this game already, I highly suggest they do if they are fans of EU2. It is definately the same game with know and love, but with many changes that make it even better.

(1) Playing AGCEEP, Hussite converted to Catholic as soon as they've got independent, resulting in the end of Hussite war within one month.
A quick fix here. it will be included in the first patch.

((2)Playing Age of Timur, Inca has sent a marchant to my COT in Quilian Pendi as early as 1464.
:eek:

Downloaded it about two hours ago, been playing ever since.

I decided to have a go with Burgundy, they have always been quite interesting, and I enjoy the ahistorical matches you can arrange upon the death of Charles the Bold. Electoral Palatinate and Burgundy? Yes, please! :D

It has a different feel from EU2, the same, yet very much different. All the little improvements, especially graphically or otherwise are very great. The AI is smarter, too! No more huge stacks of doom for one province minors, and the AI also doesn't use huge stacks to besiege anymore. I haven't seen anything crazy yet (I'm at 1440 right now) except Austria chose to keep Ansbach instead of giving it to Bavaria. I'm playing with AGCEEP by the way. :)

The game is very smooth, runs quickly, and I haven't experienced any errors yet. It seems much, much more stable than EU2 ever was -- even with 1.09 patch I often received a lot of CTDs, especially when saving and quitting a game. Not the case here.

I look forward to many hours and days of play with FTG, it was truly worth the wait. If anyone hasn't purchased this game already, I highly suggest they do if they are fans of EU2. It is definately the same game with know and love, but with many changes that make it even better.
Thanks. This was our goal and this is "only" the beginning. We had to focus on the foundation. We can now add much more for the interface (plenty of ideas from the team and the community) and for even more refined gameplay, not to mention mods. :)

I've just played an hour but new features are definitely good. New reminders and map modes are very useful; controlling armies on the political map is also convenient. I can't return to EU2. :)

However, the bundled AGCEEP includes slightly odd stuff: For example, "Japan.eue" seems to be based on 1.56 or older, not 1.57. They need to be fixed.

First impression: FTG team finds paddles, FTG team applys gel, FTG team successfully revives Europa Universalis 2.

Congrats! :D

My first impression was...

Pause... pause... c'mon PAUSE! I'm hitting space!!! Oh crap, it's like Crusader Kings with the stupid pause button :(

I thought after playing Crusader Kings, EU3, EU:Rome, etc I could jump right in without going through the tutorial...... I was wrong :rofl:

(2)Playing Age of Timur, Inca has sent a marchant to my COT in Quilian Pendi as early as 1464.
:rofl:

If you have a save around the time involved, it would be useful to know what incas know about the world (and where they got the map...)
There might be a single province known (a typo or whatever) and from it, the country buys a map and knows most of the area.

My first impression was...

Pause... pause... c'mon PAUSE! I'm hitting space!!! Oh crap, it's like Crusader Kings with the stupid pause button :(
no more space bar as pause as long as a window can be opened in multiplayer to chat. It caused too much problems in the past, people chating out of the window and hitting the space bar...
There are two pause buttons, including the new F9

I thought after playing Crusader Kings, EU3, EU:Rome, etc I could jump right in without going through the tutorial...... I was wrong :rofl:
the tutorial is very useful

Just a little hint for you. Go in db/interface and edit buttons.txt
Search for BUTTON_PAUSE_ALTERNATE and replace:
shortcut = F9
with
shortcut = " "

Don't forget the double quotes. Reload the game and you have the space bar for Pause. Easy... :)

This won't change the cheksum of the game and F9 is indeed the default alternate for the Pause key.

As hildoceras said, be aware it could end in big troubles for MP games...

Last edited:
the tutorial is very useful

Yes, quite! I'm playing through it now since I discovered my EU3 knowledge wasn't up to snuff with this game.

Don't forget the double quotes. Reload the game and you have the space bar for Pause. Easy... :)

This won't change the cheksum of the game and F9 is indeed the default alternate for the Pause key.

Merci!

My first impressions were repeating CTDs from selecting arrmies, splitting them, or clicking cover. I find this to be unplayable. The higher screen resolutions are awful, I decided to go to the minimum option so that I can see what I am doing...

A nice game with the uncontested spirit of eu2!

But there is still one thing I always didn't like about eu2: Players can't transfer provinces... For multiplayer games this possibility would be an amazing addition!

:rofl:

If you have a save around the time involved, it would be useful to know what incas know about the world (and where they got the map...)
There might be a single province known (a typo or whatever) and from it, the country buys a map and knows most of the area.

I loaded as Inca to see that, but strangely, Inca didn't have relations with other nations and didn't know where Quilian Pendi is.
I found out that the COT for Cuzco is Isfahan(both COTs belong to my nation), which may be the cause of the problem.

ScreenSave0.jpgScreenSave1.jpg