• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
B

Brucesim2003

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if FTG will be available anywhere other than GG? After the fiasco that was the HOI3 release, and the fact that I haven't been able to get a good d/l speed fromm GG for over a year makes me reluctant to go through GG. Will it be able to get it elsewhere?

Cheers

Bruce

Firstly it only shows Visa, Mastercard and American Express. And it asks for a 3 number code on the reverse of the card that the one I'm using(Maestro) doesn't have.

I really don't know. I don't have a bank account, never bought anything in the Internet. This is something I know completely nothing. I'm using my brother's debit card.

I really don't know. I don't have a bank account, never bought anything in the Internet. This is something I know completely nothing. I'm using my brother's debit card.

I'm not familiar with English terminology, but isn't a debit card the thing you put in an ATM and nothing else?

Well, I'm obviously not Portuguese, but at least in the US debit cards tend to be backed by Visa, Mastercard, or any of the big institutions. They'll have the logo right on there, just as if it were a credit card (which, banks like Wells Fargo, let the card be used for either... mostly to try and hit you with charges of any kind). So, any debit/bank card can be used at places backed by the corresponding credit company, taking money straight from the account. Debit card = simple way to write a personal check, as I've always looked at it.

Unluckily, yours may not be supported, just like not everywhere takes a Discover credit card, for example. But, hopefully someone with more insight into European banking can help.

Then I'm not sure if it doesn't have the 3-digit credit value code on the back (CVV/CVC), as they have been standard on the cards I've had in the past decade. Not to be condescending, but you're looking at the signature pad, which shows the last four digits of the card number followed by the three digit security code? If the card doesn't have one, you'll probably need an official response, since I can't remember the last online transaction I did that didn't require that code.

Edit: Or maybe it has faded away due to wallet wear, as my card's is quite close to doing.