• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While we're on that subject--sorry to sound like a moron, but how exactly do you do that? Is it as simple as copying, and will the "installer" be saved properly as well? I know people do this all the time, I'm just an idiot when it comes to this stuff.

It's just as simple as copying/burning the entire game folder into the CD/DVD. Just like copying the folder when you install a new mod, like in the EU2/CK days.

part of the question apart from physically holding something (cd) you bought in your hand....is.....once you do as you say and copy to a CD/DVD can you play a SP game without going online to GG
The game is both SP and MP. Some have said they can not get online ( net) all the time

part of the question apart from physically holding something (cd) you bought in your hand....is.....once you do as you say and copy to a CD/DVD can you play a SP game without going online to GG
The game is both SP and MP. Some have said they can not get online ( net) all the time

What has that got to do with physical CDs? If it doesn't work online it doesn't work. It doesn't matter where you got it from.

What has that got to do with physical CDs? If it doesn't work online it doesn't work. It doesn't matter where you got it from.

some said they wanted to play without going on to GG as they could not always get access to the net. But old EU2 you could

Yep, you ONLY ever need Gamersgate to install the game.
After that its just like any other game.
MP needs internet, SP does not.
As someone who has pirate friends I can assure you that GG is WAY faster and more reliable then hunting for ISOs, setting them up, and then looking around for patches.
Agreed, the service provided by GG is way better then any illegal means. (or so I'm told :p)

Edit-------------------
Should be possible to back up the GG installers; just a matter of how much trouble you need to go through. The ones that don't download a plain .exe file will create a setup.exe while you are installing and delete it when complete

I can confirm this!!!!
before you tell the installer what to do with the temp files (delete keep etc.) go to the relevent folder and it will contain a .exe back this up and you have a non GG relient installer. Tested with a non P'dox game (machinarium) but I see no reason why it can't work for all GG games!!

Last edited:
some said they wanted to play without going on to GG as they could not always get access to the net. But old EU2 you could
I don't know anythiing about the non-Paradox titles but for Paradox games AFAIK GG has nothing to do with online play at all. You don't need to login to GG to play the game at all (although when GG first started you did every third time or something like that; they removed that years ago though).

As a bookend...

to wrap things up here I would say that buying the game online was relatively painless but the lack of an iso is something that I wish paradox would address in the future, at least for its in-house games. There is no business reason that I can see (considering in-house games are drm-free) that I cannot get an iso for my money, or a setup.exe instead of the gamergate downloader...