• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You got it right! Btw, one of the best films ever made. I first tried to name this "...or how i learned to stop worrying and love mass invasions" but it didn't fit:rofl:.

Would have been great!

BTW, delete the pic with the two swastikas in post # 16.

And then on the AAR. wow. you are steamrolling through central-europe like a madman!

With your hunger for conquest, I am astonished that you accepted the MR-pact!

W/o it, you can attack Romania through eastern polish provinces and forego Hungary ... or keep them as allies, though that does not look like your play-style. ;)

With your hunger for conquest, I am astonished that you accepted the MR-pact!

W/o it, you can attack Romania through eastern polish provinces and forego Hungary ... or keep them as allies, though that does not look like your play-style. ;)

I accepted the pact so that SU can't DoW me. When i'm ready to invade SU, i just revoke the NAP or DoW another member of the comitern.

Would have been great!

BTW, delete the pic with the two swastikas in post # 16.

And then on the AAR. wow. you are steamrolling through central-europe like a madman!

You're right. Sorry i didn't notice there were swastikas. Removed.

You're obviously committed to the 'non-subtle' model of growing Germany? After all allies just clutter things up?:)

If i understood right, you meant that i think allies are just obstacles?
In HoI3, where you can't ban from alliances and then destroy them, i only pick Italy (to fight in Africa) and Japan (to fight in Asia), no others.

VIII: A Terrible Delay

November 14th, Greece gets an invitation to the Axis. This is a crucial part of Hitler's plans; Italy along with Greece would secure the naval supremacy in the Mediterranean. Italy is making progress in Northern Africa, the English are retreating.
Greece accepted.

Almost 40% of the allied expeditionary forces (but less than 10% of French troops) are encircled while our pincer movements have cut off their connection to mainland France.

stdakara.jpg

11th of DECEMBER Romania is annexed. Hitler realizes that we have made no progress in France, and we haven't got time to invade Yugoslavia & Bulgaria. Therefore, 15th December Wien HQ gets a transmission containing their new mission to prepare at the borders of the Soviet Union.

24th of December, our combined use of pincer tactics and mass invading has narrowed the last encircled Allied forces to a single region.

har.jpg

They lost.
Italy is also making huge progress is Southern France, they've taken lots of VP areas. We only need Paris now...

france-1.jpg

December 28, we notice a storm front arriving:

sotrmfromt.jpg

We still decide to attack Paris. The progress is minimal, and it will take a lot of time.
28th of January, Paris is captured. The siege lasted for 29 days.
francesurrender.jpg

Vichy France is created. Hitler cancelled his plans and gave one single new mission:
90% of Bitburg HQ's forces are deployed to Wien HQ, where they prepare for an invasion against the Red Beast. Europe is safe for now, only about 10 divisions will remain to prevent allied landings and kill the rebels.

February 17th, we are ready to invade the Soviet Union.
attack.jpg

(More troops are still on the way in this picture)

Barbarossa starts... but not yet. We will wait for March before attacking, otherwise the weather is too bad.
"Don't march on Moscow," they said. We will take up the challenge.

Soviet Union is falling...

IX: The Red Beast (March - June 1940)

5th March 1940 the weather and the frozen areas have moved far enough to let us invade.
The Non-Aggression Pact between the Soviets and Germany was tragically revoked in 28th of February, when Hitler out of the blue cancelled it.

Immediately our forces start attacking. Most of the battles are a piece of cake, but some are a bit harder. Here are the battles that occurred in 5th of March evening.

goodfights.jpg

Here is a chart on our land forces, by the way:

landsstat.jpg

During the war, we noticed that Japan had invaded India and also attacked the SU.

japindia.jpg

jap.jpg

To not make this update too image-heavy, i combined our progress against the Soviet Union to a single map.

And here it is, looking as it were from a book:

SovietFront-Copy.jpg

As you can see, our progress in the north has been EXTREMELY small. In four months, we had only advanced three provinces. But in the south, we take Sevastopol in May 26th. Southern army is heading towards Stalingrad, northern army is heading towards Leningrad and Moscow.
English made small invasions on Cherbourg which were quickly repelled. Nothing interesting in the Western Front, except that the English took Iceland and made a decision that gave Iceland and Greenland to the USA. Worthless islands.
He have the possibility to invite Portugal and Nat. Spain, but we are not going to invite them. Nationalist Spain provides Lebensraum, so we could invite Portugal to help with it. We'll decide later.

Next update shows more progress against the Red Beast... or the Red Mouse.

You want a comment, you get a comment! ;)

1. I would like more strategical and tactical insights into your reasoning. Why are you doing what you are doing?

2. Do you manually control all units or is there AI control involved?

3. Do you plan to invade GB? If yes, when and how and why?

4. What is GB doing overall? What is their surrender status, given that they lost India?

5. What is progress of your allies and does that tie into your strategy?

6. What is the use of the non-aggression pact, if you can cancel it on short notice and attack immediately thereafter?

7. Do you do convoy raidings or have a strong surface fleet? Are you tackling the Royal Navy yet?

8. What are the US doing?

9. Why weren't you able to rush through northern France? What kept your troops from exploiting the breakthrough and force you to fight a slow advance?

Enough comments? I hope so, because I am out of comments for now, except for one: Nice AAR so far, I like your pics, especially the history-book-look-a-like. :)

You want a comment, you get a comment! ;)

1. I would like more strategical and tactical insights into your reasoning. Why are you doing what you are doing?

2. Do you manually control all units or is there AI control involved?

3. Do you plan to invade GB? If yes, when and how and why?

4. What is GB doing overall? What is their surrender status, given that they lost India?

5. What is progress of your allies and does that tie into your strategy?

6. What is the use of the non-aggression pact, if you can cancel it on short notice and attack immediately thereafter?

7. Do you do convoy raidings or have a strong surface fleet? Are you tackling the Royal Navy yet?

8. What are the US doing?

9. Why weren't you able to rush through northern France? What kept your troops from exploiting the breakthrough and force you to fight a slow advance?

Enough comments? I hope so, because I am out of comments for now, except for one: Nice AAR so far, I like your pics, especially the history-book-look-a-like. :)

1. Thanks for feedback, i'll add some more explanation to the next update.

2. AI controls most of the action, it's too much managing for me because there are so many regions. I do remove some army groups and give them better orders, and i manually control some commando units.

3. I plan to invade GB and Nat. Spain after the SU. I had to attack SU, because otherwise my threat would have made them DoW me, probably when i was busy somewhere else.

4. Surrender percent is 8.90%, they haven't lost all of India, just all the way to Bengal (from Indochina to Bengal, obviously - not from Germany to Bengal).

5. Japan, as i already wrote on the update, is keeping the Soviets busy by conquering territories there (increasing the surrender %) and by taking India, they increase GB's surrender percentage. Italy is mostly taking few regions from Africa, and with Greece they sink some convoys in the Mediterranean. Italy is losing the war in North Africa.

6. This is something you have to ask from PI. Imo NAP's should last for a certain time (365 days, for example), and you shouldn't be able to cancel them before it. I could have DoW'd Sinkiang (Comitern Member) instead to bring Soviets into war, so it doesn't matter.

7. I've got navies ordered to hunt for convoys in the English Channel. Italy and Greece are doing the naval part.

8. United states is drifting towards the Axis, thanks to my influence. Either they DoW me sooner or later or then they eventually join the axis. Nothing special.

9. I don't know, the French had no troops in Southern France (where Italy was making their way through France), instead they seemed to put all troops to Paris. Also my troops were under constant bombing. Hard difficulty also affects combat.

How do you get a custom rank? (you're Pompus Schweinezüchter)

You need to have spend enough time on the forums or have gained enough posts.
Don't know how many days or posts it is, check it from the FAQ which is up there. :p

Otherwise, a nice AAR.
Barbarossa should be going swifter! :eek:

You need to have spend enough time on the forums or have gained enough posts.
Don't know how many days or posts it is, check it from the FAQ which is up there. :p

Otherwise, a nice AAR.
Barbarossa should be going swifter! :eek:

Thanks. Can't seem to find it in the FAQ.

Well, Germany basically was crushed, if you look at the peace treaty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versailles_treaty#Impositions_on_Germany

How do you get a custom rank? (you're Pompus Schweinezüchter)

If you consider peace treaties to reflect anything of a faction's accomplishments in a war...
Crushed by the ruthless demands of the Versailles treaty, but not by the Entente's military might (German territory was untouched, and Germany still had possession of all the land gained by the Brest-Livotsk pact).

In regard to the custom rank, I think you need to be a member for something like 18 months.

If you consider peace treaties to reflect anything of a faction's accomplishments in a war...
Crushed by the ruthless demands of the Versailles treaty, but not by the Entente's military might (German territory was untouched, and Germany still had possession of all the land gained by the Brest-Livotsk pact).

All right, all right, if you think it's not correct to say "crushed", i can edit it.

X: The Triumph of Moscow (June - September 1940)

overview.jpg

New mission is assigned to 8th Army. They will advance towards Stalingrad, then they will split up and head for the oil fields in Caucasus to cut the Soviets' fuel supply.

In late July, our forces arrive at the borders of Moscow. We won't attack yet, since we are waiting for the reinforcements nearby.
August 10th the attack occurs:

moskva.jpg

On the same day we declare war on Nat. Spain. Portugal has just been invited to Axis.
28th of August Moscow surrenders. An army group commanded by von Böhm-Ermolli triumphs at the streets.

Progress is Russia is fast, we can hope to beat them before winter. Progress in Spain is awfully slow.

30august.jpg

And here's a book-like map:

europa-2.jpg