• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pingu

Corporal
27 Badges
Apr 10, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
Will someone post here the URLs of websites were the boxed release will be purchase-able from? I (and I suspect others) would like to get a boxed copy (or an iso if gamersgate would ever offer that).

Sadly, the costs of making a boxed version for the expected sales numbers would pretty much force us to charge a rather insane price for each box.

Sadly, the costs of making a boxed version for the expected sales numbers would pretty much force us to charge a rather insane price for each box.

:rofl:
What a company. :rolleyes:

Every ambitious garage band is able to print 100 copies of a cd with nice covers, selling those for an acceptable price and to order more if needed. But for Paradox are small editions too expensive and own handling of orders not doable. Paradox must be a huge company being so inflexible. :D

I think a boxed version that takes of shelf space in stores would cost a bit more to produce than the copies made by garage bands. A fairer comparison would be those garage bands financing for a cd that takes of shelf space in stores.;)

I think a boxed version that takes of shelf space in stores would cost a bit more to produce than the copies made by garage bands. A fairer comparison would be those garage bands financing for a cd that takes of shelf space in stores.;)

No need that it has to be distributed via stores. If they already expect low sale figures, they can sell it on their own without much costs for middlemen. But why aren't they doing what other publishers can do? It's not a question of being too expensive, it's just so that EU2 is an old game that is not worth much of Paradox attention because there is not much to earn.

A cost covering prize of a cd is here around 8 euro (just an example). A mark-up on top plus the price a store would demand. I never paid more then 15 euro for a professional self made cd of local bands.
...uhh what an insane price it would be. :D

:rofl:
What a company. :rolleyes:

Every ambitious garage band is able to print 100 copies of a cd with nice covers, selling those for an acceptable price and to order more if needed. But for Paradox are small editions too expensive and own handling of orders not doable. Paradox must be a huge company being so inflexible. :D

95% of that job is done by someone for free, just cause they are a garage outfit.

For the record.. We had a webshop for years and years.. It was just not profitable to run it, as so few people bought from it and the costs were too big.

No boxset then?

I don't want to have to have internet to be able to install the game. :(

Not that it matters, I'm buying it anyway.

No boxset then?

I don't want to have to have internet to be able to install the game. :(

Not that it matters, I'm buying it anyway.

now a days having inet is so common that thinking of people who dont have it is too expensive ^^

yet you have internet to post :confused:

imagine that he goes to some place in vacations and has no access to internet to dl the game into a laptop he took with him to pass the time. Without boxed version you're not getting there.

But you can do it like me, instead of taking my eu2 box with me(dont even know where it is nowadays) I have the installed game on my Ipod so I can always have it ready to transfer to my computer in case something burns up and i need to format it, or in case i go on vacations and find myself needing to use a laptop to play.

imagine that he goes to some place in vacations and has no access to internet to dl the game into a laptop he took with him to pass the time. Without boxed version you're not getting there.

But you can do it like me, instead of taking my eu2 box with me(dont even know where it is nowadays) I have the installed game on my Ipod so I can always have it ready to transfer to my computer in case something burns up and i need to format it, or in case i go on vacations and find myself needing to use a laptop to play.

Don't people go on vacation to do what they can't do at home?

And yes, there are people who go to the library to access the internet, using the computers there, copying files to take home.

yet you have internet to post :confused:

Please define how I own a game I have to hook up to a server to download? Yes. I have some hundred megabytes in cyberspace reserved for me. But I can't hold it in my hands. It's not physical. A box-set shows that whatever happens with internet off and computer on, I can still install the game over and over again.

Please define how I own a game I have to hook up to a server to download? Yes. I have some hundred megabytes in cyberspace reserved for me. But I can't hold it in my hands. It's not physical. A box-set shows that whatever happens with internet off and computer on, I can still install the game over and over again.
You cannot install the game over and over again if you lose the box-set.

With GamersGate, you can download the game and burn it to a disc.

Actually, I believe technically you own a license to use the software. Therefore the product your buying either way is no different.