• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Random monarchs... *vomits*

(yes random... I really don't see how you could make monarchs "dynamic")

*extracts page on the French monarchs*

A-hem. In France there have been the Valois, the Lancaster and the Bourbon, just in the game timeframe. This means 3 ruling houses. When one died, the other took its place...it's simple as that.
And, as no one of the hard-core-pro-<only "historical" monarchs> even tried to answer me on the other thread, I repost this here.

You should go and visit a certain forum regarding alternate history. You would learn that having, for example, the Hanover ruling in England in 1800 when the nation has been, for 400 years, the United Kingdoms of England and France, is one of the WORST thing you can do to the aforementioned alternate history.
And if France gets released? It should have the Bourbons as kings? Even if that family doesn't even exists anymore?

Now, THIS is random. Not the other way around.

You do not want historical accuracy. You want a fixed history, with Ottomans that go attacking Wien even if they're a one province minor, a France that disappeared centuries before but, inexplicably, goes on putting on fire the whole Europe, a continental Russia that goes on receiving explorers for no reason and a Portugal that, even having become since long a commercial, yet ground power, receives from the Pope privileges on colonization.
A game that goes WILDLY ahistorical should not go wild, however, I know.
As soon as I'll buy FtG I'm planning a mod that's able to transition from an historical situation to a Interregnum-style one: events that can happen to anyone, given the right situation.
As in...did the French player just push that slider towards Serfdom...again...and is around 1750? Revolution chain. But it could happen too to an England where, after the Restoration, Charles II cracks down on the nation, creating the conditions for an unhappy Third State and clearing the ground for the second republic of England. Maybe it could become France style, and alternate monarchy and republic for a century or two.
Who knows?

A-hem. In France there have been the Valois, the Lancaster and the Bourbon, just in the game timeframe. This means 3 ruling houses. When one died, the other took its place...it's simple as that.
And, as no one of the hard-core-pro-<only "historical" monarchs> even tried to answer me on the other thread, I repost this here.

You do not want historical accuracy. You want a fixed history, with Ottomans that go attacking Wien even if they're a one province minor, a France that disappeared centuries before but, inexplicably, goes on putting on fire the whole Europe, a continental Russia that goes on receiving explorers for no reason and a Portugal that, even having become since long a commercial, yet ground power, receives from the Pope privileges on colonization.
As soon as I'll buy FtG I'm planning a mod that's able to transition from an historical situation to a Interregnum-style one: events that can happen to anyone, given the right situation.
As in...did the French player just push that slider towards Serfdom...again...and is around 1750? Revolution chain. But it could happen too to an England where, after the Restoration, Charles II cracks down on the nation, creating the conditions for an unhappy Third State and clearing the ground for the second republic of England. Maybe it could become France style, and alternate monarchy and republic for a century or two.
Who knows?

FTG is not really historical, but AGCEEP is and that has many , many events and triggers of events that require the historical monarchs to fire.

so, for FTG I see you can MOD what you want, but AGCEEP , u need to approach the HC of the AGCEEP and ask them

Him. :D But, you will see, this could have started a whole dinasty. Of course, then England got kicked out of the continent, but that is another matter entirely. :D

well, if the tutors survived and still ruled the english throne, then the Welsh could have ruled England. but then the stuarts of Scotland did.........and then the Germans of Hanover ruled the English throne.

Who knows?
I agree perfectly but this is a matter of events and triggers not the game as such. Events concerning the Ottoman invasion of Austria can easily be slept with triggers taking into account the countrysize and occupation of key provinces like Budapest. Even in AGCEEP, there is still much to improve in this regard but the possibility is there. It only takes time and ideas to devise new events for alternative cirumstances.

How do you "mod" in dynamic monarchs? Events to change monarch lists are not the same as dynamic monarchs.

As those cruel modders told me years ago.......learn .......and I am serious as thats what happened to me.:cool:

As those cruel modders told me years ago.......learn .......and I am serious as thats what happened to me.:cool:

His question is valid. Changing from a list to another is not dynamic.

As in, literally, how can you "mod" in dynamic monarchs when the game is hardcoded for that to be impossible to mod? One would need the source code to add dynamic monarchs.

It's possible to change monarch lists, but that isn't what most of us think of when we think of dynamic monarchs.

As in, literally, how can you "mod" in dynamic monarchs when the game is hardcoded for that to be impossible to mod? One would need the source code to add dynamic monarchs.

It's possible to change monarch lists, but that isn't what most of us think of when we think of dynamic monarchs.

unsure, how do you place dynamic in when it could affect all the other mods that rely on this engine to operate???

I think this FTG is a skeleton for mainly other mods to join as per the latest dev diaries

I think this FTG is a skeleton for mainly other mods to join as per the latest dev diaries
Not only, we tried to find a balance between foundation (and thus moddability for the future) and new/enhanced features for players (and no need of mods to see them in action).