• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could you please add separating commas when displaying large numbers? In the Moscow screenshot, the tooltip displays the population of Moscow but all digits are just lumped together so it's really hard to read... ;)
That's a definite consideration, but then you introduce localization issues (although we might already have such issues).

Eraclio said:
So, will be possible to decrement gradually population with an event?
Certainly; the poppercent command supports negative percentages.

americae.png

I'm intrigued.

Ayeshteni

Medieval World

Greetings All

Allow me to introduce myself, I am The Swert, long time fan of EU2. I've been modding the game for about two years and am now a part of the beta test team for FtG. You may have seen me in the EU2 forums or in AARland where I am also the EU2 LibrAARian and the ACA Organiser & Archiver. Besides all this I'm also attempting to navigate university exams but that's another matter.

Today I wish to discuss the mod I've working on for FtG.

Medieval World 3

Medieval World 3, as the name suggests, is a mod covering the medieval period. It spans from 844 to 1337 and so far features both an 844 scenario and a 1067 scenario. It's an expansion of the mod first released for EU2 last year.
This mod using the MWATK map by Kasperus. However besides having an exciting new map, it also features new religions, new cultures, new technologies, new nations...well you get the idea.
The main people working on this mod are myself and Bizon. However more are invited to help once the game is released. Our aim to make the great medieval mod that EU2 missed out on and FtG's flexibility makes this possible.

medworldpromo.jpg

medworldpromo2.jpg

Looks amazing, The Swert! :)

This all looks utterly fantastic. :)

I particularly like those lovely, dark colourscales. I may very well be tempted to use them over boldscale - which would be a first. :cool:

I am wondering, since you are at improving the city views: will it be possible to have different city styles instead of just 'latin' for the 3/4 of Europe? I'm not asking the devloppers to create new buildings for every nations, but just maybe to enable a feature allowing different city styles per country/culture.

This would allow an interesting feeling to the game, indicating even more cultural flavor. :)

Modders can take care of making them: here is my attampt at creating diverse city styles using graphics from the old 'Cossack' game:

cities.png

My attempt for Austria, France, Italian minors and Spain. I have a few more countries done (Poland, German minors, England, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Netherlands).

There is two potential approaches:

-By working trough countries, each time you load a country it would have its specifical buildings.

-By working trough culture, there could be different city styles within multicultural countries (exemple: Polish buildings in Austrian-owned Galicia). This could be great, especially since we know that the small cities on the map will be different according to their cultures (so it is do-able and in line with the spirit of this game).

P.S. I made the same suggestion to YodaMaster abotu one year ago, but it didn't went further due to me being too busy/lazy and laking the appropriate skills. It would be great if the devloppers would consider my humble suggestion. :)

Use PayPal?

get paradox to allow paysafecards to be used on gamersgate.

these cards in here for example you just go to some shop(here they are sold at the mail centers) buy a card for 10 euros, and use the code on the card in a online shop that takes those cards and voila you just bought a game online without a credit card!

I am wondering, since you are at improving the city views: will it be possible to have different city styles instead of just 'latin' for the 3/4 of Europe? I'm not asking the devloppers to create new buildings for every nations, but just maybe to enable a feature allowing different city styles per country/culture.
City views are now linked to cultures through a tag. Example in the cultures DB file:
Code:
italian = {
	city = MIN
	buildings = MIN
	color = DarkGreen
}
it means italian culture provinces use MIN set for city view (buildings entry). MIN set is located in a MIN folder in the gfx files structure. You can add any new folder with a different tag name and use this tag for the buildings entry. As simple as that.

P.S. I made the same suggestion to YodaMaster abotu one year ago, but it didn't went further due to me being too busy/lazy and laking the appropriate skills. It would be great if the devloppers would consider my humble suggestion. :)
Included exactly how we discussed it.

This would allow an interesting feeling to the game, indicating even more cultural flavor. :)

Modders can take care of making them: here is my attampt at creating diverse city styles using graphics from the old 'Cossack' game:

cities.png

My attempt for Austria, France, Italian minors and Spain. I have a few more countries done (Poland, German minors, England, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Netherlands).

-By working trough countries, each time you load a country it would have its specifical buildings.

-By working trough culture, there could be different city styles within multicultural countries (exemple: Polish buildings in Austrian-owned Galicia). This could be great, especially since we know that the small cities on the map will be different according to their cultures (so it is do-able and in line with the spirit of this game).

Would be great if different styles for various nations allowed not only this simple "latin" or "muslim" groups. Than you could release this as a separate mod.

Would be great if different styles for various nations allowed not only this simple "latin" or "muslim" groups. Than you could release this as a separate mod.
Do you read my above post? :)

cities.png

I love this idea. Especially because I have a sentiment for Cossacks: European Wars as well :D. General_Grant, release this as a mod ASAP!

In case there's people who don't like the old, candy-like map colours of EU2, there's also the possibility to create new colourscales. Olav and I have created a set of darker colours for FTG, which is a mix of Sinister and Bold colourscales (for those familiar with EU2), with a few adjustments of our own.
(...)

How to create new map colors?

How to create new map colors?
It's pretty easy - a matter of modifying text files. Map colours are stored in a format like this:
Code:
Blue = { 
	color = { 50 100 250 0 }
	color = { 25 50 175 10 }
	color = { 20 40 70 40 }
	color = { 0 0 0 60 } 
}
This is the RGB code that the game uses for displaying the colour blue (the one used by Sweden). Modifying it is as easy as changing the values displayed here.

It's pretty easy - a matter of modifying text files. Map colours are stored in a format like this:
Code:
Blue = { 
	color = { 50 100 250 0 }
	color = { 25 50 175 10 }
	color = { 20 40 70 40 }
	color = { 0 0 0 60 } 
}
This is the RGB code that the game uses for displaying the colour blue (the one used by Sweden). Modifying it is as easy as changing the values displayed here.

But why not 3 values instead of 16????:confused:

But why not 3 values instead of 16????:confused:
Because the map uses four different layers with possible different depth for each province. The layers are combined for display and this structure allows gradients.