• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23387)

Corporal
Dec 12, 2003
Pplmm proudly presents his brand new version of Pplmm's add-on for the WERS mod !

What does "WERS" stand for ? Roughly speaking, it is a mod that take you to the early 1920s, when the fledgeling Central European states did their best to stave off the Bolshevik menace*.
The add-on I have prepared provides you with the very chance to experience the atmosphere of that turbulent time even more, as it has been adjusted for the new E3 Map. Furthermore, a number of new events have been added (some of them reflecting the plebiscites in Upper Silesia or peace talks between the combating states, to mention just a few) to make you enjoy every minute of your gameplay with such countries as Poland, Soviet Union, Germany, White Russia, Western and Central Ukraine, Makhno's Anarchist Republic, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Greater Poland, Romania, the Free City of Danzig or (last but not least) Central Lithuania.
*Please visit these (I, II) websites to get to know more about the project.

How to install:
  • Download HoI_II_WERS_0.81pnk__map_.rar (including the E3 Map, so it doesn't matter whether you have installed the E3 Mod beforehand)
  • Unpack it into the main directory of the game.
  • Create a shortcut on the desktop (edit the 'target' field to look like this: "C:\'MAIN DIRECTORY OF YOUR HOI GAME'\HoI2.exe mod-WERS").
  • Don't forget to patch the mod (this file will be updated successfully, the latest one has been released on October 30, 2009. Please unpack it to the main directory of the game).
  • Don't hesitate to take advantage of the additional music pack, that contains all the songs that were the top music hits of that fascinating period.

Attention:
Please do report any bugs/mistakes you have noticed. Your contribution to the development of the project will be highly appreciated as you are the true 'betatesters' of the mod.
The next update will be presented to you when it is made, so don't get nervous ('bugfixes' should follow earlier). The rumour about the death of the mod will always be considerably exaggerated, that's for sure !

And that's how it looks like:
02balticstatesearlyon.jpg

28quiteanofferiwouldtel.jpg

33zeligowskigrabswilnop.jpg

25poleswontheuppersiles.jpg

38toosoonbuthereitis.jpg

Last edited:
Rather not, but... who knows ? :)

Is this add-on already included in E3 CORE2 mod or is it meant to instal it over this mod? There are no version limitations?

Andzs, could you possibly help me to understand (fully) the meaning of Latvian songs I have added to the game ? If you haven't downloaded the music pack yet, you can find them as well here (Es atnācu uguntiņu, Zibsnī zvaigznes aiz Daugavas).
As far as I am concerned, they have been written after the end of the Latvian-Bolshevik war, so maybe you are aware of other music pieces that were popular at the time ?
Furthermore, one or two events concerning the after-war period in Latvia should be added to the mod (can you pass any suggestions, they will be certainly of great use to me) ?

Actually You are digging deep, never saw this in any mods before, thanks for that
Usually I never listen to mods music pack, use my own mp3 instead, but most of these songs are coming from the ww1 Latvian regiments, will listen all songs included in Your pack, then will be clear answer of all songs origin

Of course, i have some suggestions for Baltics events, will try to make couple events in two weeks.

Of course, i have some suggestions for Baltics events, will try to make couple events in two weeks.
Thanks for that !

BTW, I would like to announce that the first patch has been released (updated graphics + minor changes in AI and events). Let's celebrate then ! :)

Just read through, this looks awesome. Maybe with this I can reverse the tragedy that is the Polish-Soviet War and give the USSR all of Bellarussia and the Ukraine! :D

Hi! I've made some minister pics and added a couple of new ministers to URSS and Poland. If you like them, I can try to do some more.
I have used some of them in my latest patch. Please do continue your work, but don't forget to double check every new picture and provide me with the links to the websites where they have been published (of course you can cite other sources too).

BTW, the second patch has just been released.

I have used some of them in my latest patch. Please do continue your work, but don't forget to double check every new picture and provide me with the links to the websites where they have been published (of course you can cite other sources too).

BTW, the second patch has just been released.

I'm glad to see some of my work included. I created three more pics for Danzig ministers (easily found on Google), and that's all for now.
http://rapidshare.com/files/300161200/danzig.zip.html

Why don't you try to change the WERS.eug file like this?

RUS = {
desc = "After revolution in Russia, Tzar's armies were pushed near Crimea. The main problem was of course bolshevik's revolution but also Ukrainian's nationalistic movement and Makhno's underground army were a big issue. However the Entente could not forget about their ally..."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_RUS.bmp"
bottom = yes
}
U04 = {
desc = "UPR declared independence in 25th of january 1918. After first success and with relative calm, the Bolsheviks started massive attack. Only unity of all the Ukrainians could stop Soviet's army."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_U04.bmp"
}
U01 = {
desc = "The Greater Poland was formed by a military insurrection of Poles in the Provinz Posen region against Germany. The uprising had a significant effect on the Treaty of Versailles, which granted a reconstituted Poland the area won by the Polish insurgents plus some additional territory, at the cost of German territory. The uprising broke out on 27 December 1918 in Poznan after a patriotic speech by Ignacy Jan Paderewski, a famous Polish pianist."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_U01.bmp"
}
LAT = {
desc = "World War I devastated the territory of would-be Latvia, along with other western parts of the Russian Empire. Demands for self-determination were at first confined to autonomy, but the Russian 1917 Revolution, treaty with Germany at Brest-Litovsk, and allied armistice with Germany on November 11, 1918 created a power vacuum. People's Council of Latvia proclaimed independence of the new country in Riga on November 18, 1918, Karlis Ulmanis becoming the head of the provisional government."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_LAT.bmp"
}
POL = {
desc = "In 11th of November 1918 the Poles proclaimed independence. Poland started to merge country. When OberOst army left trenches on the East, the Poles started occupying abandoned territories. But Soviet Russia and Lithuania didn't resign Vilnus. On the South the Ukrainians wanted to take over Lviv. Moreover Germany, even weakned revolution and Wersal, could attack reborning Poland."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_POL.bmp"
bottom = yes
}
EST = {
desc = "In 1918 Estonia proclaimed independence. But the beginning of this country was hard. Soviets pushed Estonians to Tallin. There national heros and volunteers tried not to let their new country be absorbed by the Soviet Republic."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_EST.bmp"
}
UKR = {
desc = "When Austro-Hungary defeated Great War, in 1st of November 1918 WUPR proclaimed independence. Territory of this country included lands of former Poland so automatically outbreaked a war. The most intensive fights were in Lviv. From the East gradually Soviets impended over WUPR. The only one ally seemed UPR..."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_UKR.bmp"
bottom = yes
}
BLR = {
desc = "After the 1917 October Revolution in Russia, representatives of most Belarusian regions and of different political powers formed a Belarusian national council in late 1917. The Council started working on establishment of Belarusian governmental institutions. In begin of 1918 Anton Lutskevich, prime minister of Belarus, had negotiations with Vladimir Lenin on recognition of the independence of Belarus by Soviet Russia, but Lenin did not agree on that."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_BLR.bmp"
}
LIT = {
desc = "Germany lost the war and signed the Armistice of Compiègne on November 11, 1918. Lithuanians quickly formed their first government, led by Augustinas Voldemaras, adopted a provisional constitution, and started organizing basic administrative structures. As the defeated German army was withdrawing from the Eastern Front, it was followed by Soviet forces in order to spread the global proletarian revolution. By the end of December the Red Army reached Lithuanian borders starting the Lithuanian–Soviet War."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_LIT.bmp"
}
U00 = {
desc = "The Free Territory, or Anarchist Ukraine (January 1919 - 1921) was the territory controlled by the Revolutionary Insurrectionary Army of Nestor Makhno where an attempt was made to form a stateless anarchist society in part of the territory of modern Ukraine during the Ukrainian Revolution."
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_U00.bmp"
}
SOV = {
desc = "After successful October Revolution and pushing Tzar's army to the South, Soviets wanted to rule former territories of Russian Empire. In 18th of November 1918 Trotsky also proposed to join Hungarian and German revolutions. But on the way hindered reborning Poland. Moreover the Baltic nations and the Ukrainians didn't want be conquered again. Furthermore Denikin's army was still dangerous with aid from the Entente..."
bottom = yes
picture = "scenarios\data\propaganda_SOV.bmp"
}

If you need I can try to create better propaganda pics. btw keep working, I really like this mod!

I have tried the mod. First all i can say great work! The mod has greatly improved since i last played it (Where it crashed once Poland received the first tanks).

Suggestions:
You should decide if this game should be a battle scenario only (Which i really don't hope is the case) or will it eventually expand to cover even more ground, which could become a full mod, not just a BS. The problem here is, the diplomacy screen, which is still available to use and can be thus greatly exploited:
-Make peace with white Russia and let them fight Ukraine for you
-You have a 10 percent chance to demand territory from white Russia even at -200 relations.
-You can peace nations out, just to stab them a second later.

Flaws:
-The event appears Vlasslov defects, which is a WW2 event.
-White Russia gains the event the Bolsheviks gain the overhand just to often.
-Those events in the red army where you gain 1 divisions with reserve is bugged (I have to resolve 4 strange events to get the same thing all over again)
-I gained plenty of events which have the word AI in them, is that supposed to be so?
-Germany dowed me at one point, is that supposed to be so (They peaced me out later via an event)?
-Germany allied Ukraine is that supposed to be so?
-In the AI of white Russia, they should never offer me peace and never accept it.

Prepositions:
-The reds should lose a lot of their claims as the whites
-I kinda miss this person in the whole thing: Pyotr Nikolayevich Wrangel (There could be some events surrounding him).

This mod could on the least expand to the following areas:
-Hungarian revolution and its war against the kingdom of SHS, Czechoslovakia and Romania.
-Greek/Turkish war
-The creation of the kingdom of SHS and events regarding the state of SHS, before its merge with the Kingdom of Serbia
-Caucasian states their wars and bids for freedom
-Siberian front
-The allied forces in Russia