Werewolf Lite CXLVI: The 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

walrus

High on Political Consensus
19 Badges
Jan 22, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Werewolf Lite CXLVI: The 2009 Brazilian Grand Prix
f1-2009-aus-xp-1484.jpg
2009.PNG

The 2009 F1 season has been an interesting one, if only for the off track political squabbles; but now, the circus decends on Interlagos for the penultimate round of the season, with the title battle really hotting up, with 3 drivers still in the hunt....

However, all is not well in Brazil. A group of crazy environmentalists, angry about the effects of pollution on their shrubberys, decide to make an example of F1 for being rich, and an un-nessecary cause of pollution. So, they hire Dr Evil's resident Doctor, Scientific genius, Hypnotist, and all round nice guy, Todd:

CRAZY%20DOCTOR.jpg

They capture, hypnotise, and release 4 of the F1 drivers, with the orders that they will injure, kill, or otherwise disable all the other drivers in the field, so that the race will not go ahead, and that F1 will never come back to Brazil again!

Despite this potentially foolproof plan, they were foolish enough to send a message to the FIA detailing their plan, and telling them to GTFO of their back gardens. But the FIA wasn't going to stand for any of that, so the night before practice was due to start, the drivers decided to get together, and identify the crazys in their midst....

RULES:
There will be 17 players, no more, no less. Roles will be handed out after #17 signs up.
The game will then proceed to a day deadline - i.e. you lot lynch some poor devil on the basis of suspicion, fear and a hint of metagaming.

The Roles

1x Head of the Grand Prix Drivers Association (GPDA)(Seer): The representitive of the drivers, knows all and sees all, as he's awesome like that.
4x Hypnotised Drivers (Werewolves): Drivers who have been hypnotised into killing or disabling the other drivers by environmentalists so the race will not go ahead
12x Drivers (Villagers): Your regular, run of the mill racing driver, who merely wants all the fuss to stop so they can go racing.

(NOTE: If you know anything about the current F1 season, or care to google it, I'd like it if you pick a current driver, race or test, as your character. If you don't, I'll assign you one if anything important happens to you)

Deadlines for votes is 10:00 pm BST (GMT +1). (PLEASE CONVERT THIS TO YOUR OWN TIME ZONE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID FUTURE CONFUSION). A vote at 9:59 will count, whereas a vote at 10:00 will not. For future reference, this post has been made at 2:25 pm, so deadline would be in seven hours and thirty five minutes. I've picked this deadline as it's good for me, but if we have a lot of players that this is awkward for (damn Americans ;)) I'll shift it to something thats better for all involved.

Game starts with a day deadline.

Winning:
The Head of the GPDA and the Drivers win by having all the hynotisees hauled off for re-programming. The hypnotised win by achieving numerical parity with the other players, at which point they can reveal themselves and win in a straight fight.

Various rules:
§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§2a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless substituting for a current player.
§2b. Players who have been subbed due to failure to participate may not sub for others
§3. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are yourself responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.

§4a. Orders not delivered on time are IGNORED.
§4b. NOT VOTING means REPLACEMENT OR EVEN DEATH, IMMEDIATELY. The granting of any "grace period" or forgiveness for late votes is entirely up to the GM.
§4c. Invalid votes (like voting for the GM, voting for dead people etc.) are treated like no vote is made. The GM has the final say in all matters.

§5a. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER SUGGEST ANY COURSE OF ACTION, AFFECT THE GAME IN ANY OTHER WAY NOR REVEAL ANY SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING IT WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§5b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§6 Alliances which aren't based on your roles in the game between players are forbidden. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§7 Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text. For example.
VOTE X
If you wish to unvote someone, write "UNVOTE":
UNVOTE X, VOTE Y
Capital letters are optional. Any other type of voting is counted as no vote and will make you eligble for subbing. Spelling errors are subject to oversight. In case of revoting without unvoting the original vote will be the counted vote.

Players

1. Jamie550 the villager lynched on Day 2
2. Slinky the villager lynched on Day 6
3. the_hdk as Sebastian Vettel the villager hunted on Night 2
4. THE_SPLIT the wolf lynched on Day 5
5. Hebelecan as Kimi Raikkonen subbed by the_hdk v2.0 hunted on Night 3
6. Jester180 the villager hunted Night 7
7. Hax as Michael Schumacer subbed by Don Qvixote the wolf lynched on Day 7
8. OrangeYoshi the Villager Lynched Day 1
9. Lord Strange the seer hunted on Night 4
10. marty99 as Murray Walker the villager who transformed in Tonio Liuzzi to be killed on the final day
11. Nautilu the villager lynched on Day 3
12. okyriosy the villager hunted on Night 6
13. Joebthegreat the wolf lynched on Day 4
14. Punkbob subbed by Mr G. the villager lynched on Day 8
15. jerard subbed by The Arch Mede as David Coulthard the wolf who was victorious!
16. EUROO7 the villager hunted on Night 5
17. Capibara the Villager Hunted Night 1

Subs

Winner
The Arch Mede

This is my first time GM'ing, so please excuse any mistakes, and the rather crappy opening post, which was mostly copy and pasted from the previous Lite game

Last edited:
In

I predict that 5 will be the seer, and 2, 11, 15, and 17 the wolves.
Don't be a spoilsport :p
Roles will be handed out randomly, without any bias against real life, so if I find you voting for your predictions without explanation, you're getting subbed ;)

Lynch the dodgy Brazilian. That crash was never a genuine racing accident. :rofl:

Heh heh, are you IN?

Don't be a spoilsport :p
Roles will be handed out randomly, without any bias against real life, so if I find you voting for your predictions without explanation, you're getting subbed ;)

Heh heh, are you IN?
Hey, my reverse-engineering of your random selection algorithm was not all that easy you know :mad:

Heh heh, are you IN?

Not yet. One game at a time is my rule at the moment, and I am not in unless I get killed in the big game first. Even if I get killed tonight, I expect this game will be full before I want to play again.

You might get a few "Unless I am very much mistaken ... I AM VERY MUCH MISTAKEN" ghostly commentaries from me at some point. Though, probably all the players are too young to remember much of Murray Walker.

Not yet. One game at a time is my rule at the moment, and I am not in unless I get killed in the big game first. Even if I get killed tonight, I expect this game will be full before I want to play again.

You might get a few "Unless I am very much mistaken ... I AM VERY MUCH MISTAKEN" ghostly commentaries from me at some point. Though, probably all the players are too young to remember much of Murray Walker.

Fair enough, and I'm young, but I still remember good ol'Murray, these young upstarts they use nowadays aren't nearly as good :(

And I'd very much enjoy those commentaries :cool:

Fair enough, and I'm young, but I still remember good ol'Murray, these young upstarts they use nowadays aren't nearly as good :(

And I'd very much enjoy those commentaries :cool:

Actually I think its the racing they have to commentate on. They haven't really addressed the problem that you have to be much faster to stand a chance of overtaking. After the first lap, you pretty much know who is going to finish where. I always pray for rain on F1 Sundays. Its the only thing that turns it from a procession into a race.

In a wet race the best car/driver could start from the pit lane and win just by overtaking under racing conditions. In a dry race they would have to have someone else crash in just the right place and time to do more than finish 3rd last.

In as John "Lord" Strange

Actually I think its the racing they have to commentate on. They haven't really addressed the problem that you have to be much faster to stand a chance of overtaking. After the first lap, you pretty much know who is going to finish where. I always pray for rain on F1 Sundays. Its the only thing that turns it from a procession into a race.

In a wet race the best car/driver could start from the pit lane and win just by overtaking under racing conditions. In a dry race they would have to have someone else crash in just the right place and time to do more than finish 3rd last.

You make an excellent point there, the racing has been terrible the past...decade or so :(
Watched the 1984 Detroit race on the bbc the other day, and I was amazed at how close all the cars were running and how easy people were overtaking :wacko:

There's so much wrong with F1 at the minute, and there's so many things they need to ban, or limit so we can get back to some racing, rather than having major manufacturers and companies burning hundreds of millions to drive around a track in single file

And Hax, Schumacer is still hanging around F1, so I've let you have him, but it was a tough decision ;)