• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*de-lurks*

Sir I have greatly enjoyed your AAR. I do have one question though. Have you seen any limitations on your ability to field an overseas army due to the fact that Portugal only has one port from which to supply its divisions? And if not do you expect to see such a limitation in the future given your expansionist ideas?

Felk

*re-lurks*

Personally I kept coming back to the image from one of my old biology textbooks concerning the early land-walking fish (i.e. the Icthyostega as an example) and thinking that Portugal was neither fish nor amphibian but it was leaving the pond behind and heading for dry land! A very dangerous place to be, and I wonder what your new predators will look like? Will Germany help its Axis Ally? What about Italy and Japan in the Far East? While I agree that going the "trade route" would be far easier I don't think that it's in the spirit of the AAR; nor do I then that is the path you've chosen. Here's hoping that some large pre-historic proto-hawk doesn't swoop down and swallow you whole! :)

Nice little story there.:) Wolfram seems like a good teacher.

You're actually building it! You're ACTUALLY building that FW-200 squadron! :D Even though it strikes me as extravagant, your reasoning is sound (not to mention that your storytelling requires it).

It continues to be fascinating to watch you juggle all those priorities and dole out your tiny amounts of IC and resources. It feels like you're putting together a credible force, small as it might be. I can't wait to see how you'll fare during actual hostilities.

Nice scene with Wolfram. :)

Excellent story! I'm hoping your AAR might be peppered by a few more of these. :D You're quite the story teller and I appreciate such intervals.

Excellent story! I'm hoping your AAR might be peppered by a few more of these. :D You're quite the story teller and I appreciate such intervals.

Agreed. More, more!:D

Thank you! :D

Since it may be a week or two between such posts here, if you really like that sort of writing, I hope you won't mind if I direct you to the last two AARs where I did this sort of writing -- Fire Warms the Northern Lands (Prussia from 1836-1936) and Castles in the Sky (Alexander Hamilton tries to foil a treason plot in 1807).

For a while, Fire Warms the Northern Lands was the most popular (most views) AAR in the Victoria thread (it's still #2 most popular, even more than 2 years after I finished the AAR!). It starts off a little slow -- I had never really written fiction in that format before. But it improves and develops quickly, and I did have a number of "mini-series" posts -- 7 or 15 part mini-novels in the midst of the broader story. It's some of the best writing I've ever done, so please forgive me if I'm a little proud about it! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Renss

Last edited:
Sophomore in HS it was while blocking on a punt return. Good news though its only a bruised monisscuss:eek:o trainer just had worst case scenario back yesterday. So ya, enough about me nice update take your time thats what that subscribed list thing's for.

Fantastic, Renss. Back in your element. If any of the readers haven't taken on FWtNL, may I supply a second nomination. Spectacular work.

Vann

Subscribed immediately on seeing you refer to this in one of your recent posts in another forum, so I'm a little late to the party. As expected, extremely well written. I love the resource juggling act.:)

*de-lurks*

Sir I have greatly enjoyed your AAR. I do have one question though. Have you seen any limitations on your ability to field an overseas army due to the fact that Portugal only has one port from which to supply its divisions? And if not do you expect to see such a limitation in the future given your expansionist ideas?

Felk

*re-lurks*

The outgoing naval base(s) have no limit on their supply throughput, so Lisboa will be OK.

Very nice narrative interlude! I imagine the Portuguese air force will be most useful coordinating with the U-boat fleet in the mid-Atlantic but you never know what sort of action might spring up. Dogfights over Gibralter, perhaps?

So the Germans have not just sold you airplanes, but sent you instructors as well. I think that will benefit your air force, the Germans might demand a lot, but I think in the end your men will benefit from it. As for this Wolfram, it wouldn’t be a certain cousin of the great flying ace from WWI, the very same Wolfram that in real history destroyed Stalingrad when he was in command of Luftflotte 4?

What are your plans in the opening stages of the war? How are the African defenses of the Allies looking? Any juicy parts up for grabs?

Well, I have one update almost ready, which will show you more of the preparations for war.

Then after that there's going to be a bizarre update. Not bizarre "unrealistic" -- just bizarre as in "I didn't expect that!" :)

Rensslaer

:O Like what? USA joins? RUSSIA, even?