• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wanted to ask if anyone found out how to modify research price and time till completion.
Research is all in resource\gameData\inventions\inventions.graphml

So far I just changed the number of days for the "Battle of..." missions. I'd like to change some camera settings like zoom and tilt pitch but I can't find where those are stored.
Camera constraints are all in resource\interface\cs\camera.con

How and where can i add More attacks to towers?
im looking at Tower_Guard in the
entit\buildings dir. and i see where it changes the TYPE of attack from Normal to Imp_ but how do i add another attack so i can create a Tower Gatling Gun :D

In regards to towers (and using only attacks already in the game/code), they can only use attacks associated with towers (or at least I haven't been successful in giving them any other type of attack).

If you look at the coding, when you upgrade the tower, it removes the old attack, and gives it the new attack. I've been able to give the Guard Tower the Dwarf Tower attack, able to give it 2 attacks (not the same attack though), but I haven't been able to give it a hero attack.

Currently, I think the best you could do is give the tower the Normal attack, the Imperial attack, and the Dwarf attack. Even with multiple attacks, they always attack the same target. Also, I haven't had any luck adding a new upgrade to the tower. The game defaults the next upgrade to the Ancient Towers from the Minotaur mission, but for me, the game crashes when it finishes.

I've made it so each guild holds four heroes... Much nicer that way (Not to mention more like Majesty 1), because then four guilds mean I get 4 parties of 4, instead of only 3.

I have not been able to mod the game at all, with either the Total Commander way or the WinRAR way. Any change I make, or even if I open the resource.pak file with either program. Majesty 2 crashes before the intro movies. I have to delete resource.pak and rename my backup of it to resource.pak for the game to work. All I wanted to do was put the guilds back at 4 heroes like it was in Majesty 2. Is this because I am using the Steam version? Which version have you successfully modded? Is there some secret hidden step you are keeping from me? :(

Questions about moding

Hi,

i am actually modding this game and it is really fun to see how little changes effect the gameplay (which in my eyes can be improved a lot - for example the lvl 3 castle can be destroyed by a single lvl 18 mage in less than 10 seconds).

All i know is that you can mod the resource.pak file where nearly all values are stored.

What i already was able to change are:

- changed unit/building values like "health", "damage", "guard radius", "armor", "gold income", "loot" and more
- changed the spawns of the graveyard so that it gets much harder even after level 15 (which was the maximum), also changed the spawn distance to the castle
- changed other spawns like sewers
- changed prices for potions and weapons, also changed the values of the items

But there are some other things that i would like to change and i dont know how.

Now to my questions, which i couldnt solve so far:

1. How can i make it so that heros need gold dependant on their level. So that for example a lvl 20 hero needs 20 gold a day. A level 1 hero just 1 gold.

2. How can i make it so that if you place a flag and the heros go there, that they only get for example 80% of the gold.

3. I figuered out, how i can spawn units from outside of a map. But for now, i only can spawn units which already exists on the map. For example on the multiplayer map "waterfall", there dont exists any ogres and therefore i cant let them spawn from outside.

4. The game has a day/night cycle, but you cant notice it. How can i change the lightness depending on the time of the day?

Thanks for your help!

I have not been able to mod the game at all, with either the Total Commander way or the WinRAR way. Any change I make, or even if I open the resource.pak file with either program. Majesty 2 crashes before the intro movies. I have to delete resource.pak and rename my backup of it to resource.pak for the game to work. All I wanted to do was put the guilds back at 4 heroes like it was in Majesty 2. Is this because I am using the Steam version? Which version have you successfully modded? Is there some secret hidden step you are keeping from me? :(

Make sure your backup is not .pak or is not in the same folder (Steam\steamapps\common\majesty 2\resource) Majesty seems to check for all .pak files in that directory and if your backup is resources - copy.pak, it will crash. Rename your backup to resources.pak.old or move it somewhere else and try :)

Ok so there are a couple of problems with the ice mage:
1. they can't get expert caster weapons, max is masterwork, armor is fine
2. they have a spell called blizzard which has some error text as a description and they don't use at all. edit: they do use it, I just confused it with another spell, the description text is still missing and I'm tracking it down
Any ideas ?
edit: I found all hero spells with mana cost, cooldown etc. are in resource\gamedata\units\unit_actions.xml. Has anyone found where tooltips are stored?
edit2: all buffs meaning poison effect, shields etc are stored in resource\gamedata\units\perks.xml

Last edited:
Threads/posts about modding was ok'd by Fred, so don't worry about posting about it.

I actually made a thread about some of the mods I came up with so far. Mostly, you can call them "cheats". Those were the easiest to figure out in the first few hours after I got the game.

List of easy things to mod:
- building prices
- hero prices
- hero limits on guilds (doesn't seem 100% consistant and can cause minor problems in my testing)
- gold from caravans
- item prices heroes pay

Things I'm currently trying to figure out:
- how to mod Guard Towers (add number of guards or change guard types)
- change hero ai behavior so they are more helpful to other heroes
- improve heroes willingness to explore the map w/o flags
- hero starting stats

Things I've seen that should be easy but haven't tested:
- starting level/exp of heroes
- number of potions heroes can carry
- amount of time it takes dead hero to show up in the graveyard

Pezzy you are a really good guy for actually trying to make the game good instead of the mediocre pile of shat that it really is. Also while your add it see if you can import voices for peasants from M1 into M2. The M1 peasant voices are much better to tell the truth.

Make sure your backup is not .pak or is not in the same folder (Steam\steamapps\common\majesty 2\resource) Majesty seems to check for all .pak files in that directory and if your backup is resources - copy.pak, it will crash. Rename your backup to resources.pak.old or move it somewhere else and try :)

That solved my problem, Thanks a lot!

I'm looking for these things :

Change the limit of Lords can be summoned.
Change the range of variety of stats ( Its +5 -5 default )
Level up rate ... I see the list of Level experience required in Editor but cannot find the file content that code yet :wacko:.

Any help please? :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Chaz

Modding discoveries

Hi,

let's start a listing of possibilities we discover within the ressource.pak

the ressource.pak in the ressource folder can be opened with winrar.

entity\buildings:

Adding moneyincome to smithy and tavern:

add {money xxx} in the upgrade section, only works with smithy

{"Upgrades"
{available
{;level 1
{health 150}
{money 125}
{building_value 0.2}
{cost
"money" 1000
}
}
{;level 2
{health 150}
{money 125}
{building_value 0.2}
{cost
"money" 2000
}
}
}

adding basic income money works with both

{"TreasuresGenerator"
{PerDay
"money" 250
}
}

Lords:

in the hall_of_lords_menu.xml i changed the check stateaction into HallOfLordsOpenLordListAction... now everytim i select the building, it opens the lord selection list. Sadly if i i chose a 4th lord, it doesnt spawn him!

<controlItem class="BUTTONWITHTEXT" action="HallOfLordsOpenLordListAction" stateAction="CheckHallOfLordsOpenLordListAction">

You can move the button around in the building menu:

<controlItem class="DUMMY"/>
<controlItem class="DUMMY"/>

<controlItem class="BUTTONWITHTEXT" action="HallOfLordsOpenLordListAction" stateAction="HallOfLordsOpenLordListAction">

if you add another class=dummy, it goes one further to the right ( where it is by default, my version with only two dummys moves the lordselect button one further to the left)

under entities\units you can change the creatures:

{"Unit"
{TaxCashCard
{CanGetFromCard}
{SatietyBarrier 2000.0} ; ìàêñèìàëüíàÿ ñóììà íàëîãîâ, ïðè êîòîðîé îí ïîéäåò â ãèëüäèþ è ñäàñò äåíüãè
{Classes
"hero_mage"
}
}

;original 250, oben auch
{PersonalCashCard
{CanGetFromCard}
{SatietyBarrier 2000.0}
{Classes
"hero_mage"
}
}

what does Satietybarrier do? The default for the characters is between 250 and 500, changing it to 2000 didnt change anything i could notice within the game.

{"Level"
{MaxLevel 100}
{CurrentLevel 1}
{CurrentExperiens 0.0}
}

seems to be possible to change the max and starting level! pretty cool

{AllureFactors
{cl_dist 8} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà ðàññòîÿíèå
{cl_danger 0.1} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà îïàñíîñòü

{cl_flag_attack 2.2} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà ôëàã àòàêè
{cl_flag_protect 0.8} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà ôëàã çàùèòû
{cl_flag_explore 0.6} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà ôëàã èññëåäîâàíèÿ

{cl_theft 0} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà âîðîâñòâî
{cl_building 1} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà çäàíèå
{cl_research 0} ; ðåàêöèÿ íà èññëåäîâàíèå òóìàíà âîéíû
}

there you can change some parts of the hero behavious, high value is good, low value is bad.

{"MotivationModifier"
{MotivationModifiers
{HealthReflex
{health_percent 20}
}
{SafetyReflex
}
}

i guess health reflex triggers potion and running! This needs to be increased for rangers, so they dont get killed as much..

{".sleep_in_guild"
{time 0.5}
}

0.5 and they almost dont sleep at all ^^

{ViewRadius 85}
{Visors
{AllyVisor}
{EnemyVisor}

viewradius to 85 is a really high value. the higher the value, the further they see

"m2inventory"
{allItems
{"Armour"
{type "hero_mage" 0}
}

{"Weapon"
{weapon_name "hero_mage_staff01"}
}

}

quite sure you can create a mage using fighter armor!

tomorrow i ll try to give the common mage more spells.

{"ActionManager"
{actions
{action
{name "mage_basic_attack"}
}
; {action
; {name "mage_fireball_attack"}
; }
; {action
; {name "mage_freeze_attack"}
; }
; {action
; {name "mage_firestorm_attack"}
; }
; {action
; {name "mage_guardian_wind"}
; }
{action
{name "mage_arcane_shield"}
}
}
}

what happens if you give them actions that usually used by the player or by bossmobs? Probably have to add the fitting animation as well..

no more weak mages? x)

some other things here:

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cach...pak+majesty+2&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&client=opera

Last edited:
There is also a way to set the range rangers will adventure/explore. I doubled it, and then added 15 to the max (Thus 30/45), it felt much more like the original. These parameters are in the rpg_param file.

There is also a Death_knight class. Can't seem to find a guild for it, but a dark god temple exists.

I hope somebody makes a mod, which balances the money income between marketplace versus gold from monsters slain.

It would be more like Majesty 1 if the monsters dropped enough cash so the heroes can buy stuff. Right now I have to place flags always because the monsters drop so little! A minotaur drops just 10 gold, shared between 3 heroes that's almost nothing for the heroes! However the marketplace does +500 gold every few seconds, that's ridiculously imba.
How about reducing the marketplace income to 1/5 of now, and 5x as much money from monsters, this would make it just like Majesty 1!