• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am planning on playing the game until victory over the Axis and liberating Yugoslavia, Poland, and France, if anyone can figure out what it takes to liberate France (Those are all the countries with governments-in-exile in my politics tab, I dunno if there's a "free Europe" event like in Hoi2).

Well this thread was about the only one to turn up when searching to Libarate France on google. Did you eventually figure out how to get it to work? All I can do is make a puppet state out of Vichy France. :confused:

No, I never got the liberation of France to fire properly. (That part of the AAR was 1.1c iirc.)

I could liberate MOST countries with "Liberate Nation" if I controlled their capital--I was able to liberate Poland. However, the Vichy France event moves the capital of 'France' to some colony in Africa, which was still controlled by (Free) France.

I suspect to 'liberate' them I would have had to DoW them and occupy that colony.

There are not very many events/decisions in the game atm, and it seemed really strange to me to have Vichy France included as an event but no event/decision to 'undo' it.

In fact, in this game, after I puppeted Germany, they kept all their French territory.

If anyone else has gotten the liberation of France to work, I'd like to hear it.

What do you view as the likely avenue of approach into India by Japan? It looks like you're thinking they would attack overland via Siam/Burma/Malaya. Do you think they might try an amphibious attack?

I had planned originally for an overland attack. Between the bay of Bengal and the Himalayas is really easy to defend, and there's nothing in Burma worth keeping. (Historically, it was important as a land route to China, but that's not really modeled in game.)

However, since I started the game in version 1.1, when Japan would always roll over and die in the 1936 start, Japan turned out to not be a worry at all.

Thinking about starting my new AAR soon since 1.3 is out (it would have been thematic to start last Monday, but my internet was dead.)