• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, now that you mention it, I didn't want to start a discussion on general standards regarding descriptions in the bug thread; for now it certainly would be better for the moment to stick to the current standards, so the yellow text should be just fine.
For what it's worth, however, I'd prefer adding historical information to generic descs - it's always nice to learn (or recall, as for me in this case ;) ).

Btw, thanks for reformatting my horribly unreadable post; it seems I have quite a bit of catching up to do :eek:o

Great to have you back twoflower. I agree mostly with you, but there is a game issue ( balance ) to think about.. I think Bordic curbed the Poles as much as he could in regards to their westerly push.
I placed in the thread what I have recently been testing.

Hope you try a few AGCEEP and improve the game further, then go to FTG for the next AGCEEP saga.

I have placed by version in the appropriate teuton thread

A little thing I noticed (I think this qualifies as a bug):

The "Inheritance of the Burgraviate of Meissen" for Saxony event should only happen if Saxony owns the Sachsen province (which represents the Margraviate of Meissen), and it should affect that province, not its capital. Obviously, when scripting this, I ignored that Saxony's capital at that point is supposed to be in Anhalt (representing electoral Saxony-Wittenberg; the capital of Meissen is moved there by event 319001).

Code:
#(1439) The Burggraviate of Meißen
[COLOR="Yellow"]#By Twoflower[/COLOR]
event = {
	id = 273004
	trigger = {
		event = 319000 #U16: Meißen inherits Saxony-Wittenberg
               [COLOR="Yellow"]owned = { province = 331 data = -1 } #Sachsen[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = SAC
	name = "EVENTNAME273004" #Inheritance of the Burgraviate of Meißen
	desc = "EVENTHIST273004"
	#-#The Meinheringer dynasty who were Burgraves of Meißen died out when Heinrich II was killed in a battle against the Hussites in 1426. Emperor Sigismund intended to reward his faithful Imperial Court Judge Heinrich of Plauen with the fief, but this was opposed by the Wettins who wanted to achieve full control of the Meißen area. After thirteen years of struggle, the Wettins eventually prevailed because Sigismund died and the new Habsburg emperor needed to appease the electors. The Plauens kept the title and privileges of the Burggraviate, but Friedrich II of Saxony remained in factual control of it.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1439 }
	offset = 200
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1439 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME273004A" #We have prevailed
		command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -50 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 }
                [COLOR="Red"]command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 1 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 }
                [COLOR="Red"]command = { type = provincemanpower which = -2 value = 1 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = population which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1500 }
                [COLOR="Red"]command = { type = population which = - 2 value = 1500 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = fortress which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 } #that's the most valuable aspect of a Burggraviate
                [COLOR="Red"]command = { type = fortress which = -2 value = 1 }[/COLOR]
	}
}

I hope this conforms to our conventions ;)

Last edited:
A little thing I noticed (I think this qualifies as a bug):

The "Inheritance of the Burgraviate of Meissen" for Saxony event should only happen if Saxony owns the Sachsen province (which represents the Margraviate of Meissen), and it should affect that province, not its capital. Obviously, when scripting this, I ignored that Saxony's capital at that point is supposed to be in Anhalt (representing electoral Saxony-Wittenberg; the capital of Meissen is moved there by event 319001).

Code:
#(1439) The Burggraviate of Meißen
[COLOR="Yellow"]#By Twoflower[/COLOR]
event = {
	id = 273004
	trigger = {
		event = 319000 #U16: Meißen inherits Saxony-Wittenberg
               [COLOR="Yellow"]owned = { province = 331 data = -1 } #Sachsen[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = SAC
	name = "EVENTNAME273004" #Inheritance of the Burgraviate of Meißen
	desc = "EVENTHIST273004"
	#-#The Meinheringer dynasty who were Burgraves of Meißen died out when Heinrich II was killed in a battle against the Hussites in 1426. Emperor Sigismund intended to reward his faithful Imperial Court Judge Heinrich of Plauen with the fief, but this was opposed by the Wettins who wanted to achieve full control of the Meißen area. After thirteen years of struggle, the Wettins eventually prevailed because Sigismund died and the new Habsburg emperor needed to appease the electors. The Plauens kept the title and privileges of the Burggraviate, but Friedrich II of Saxony remained in factual control of it.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1439 }
	offset = 200
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1439 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME273004A" #We have prevailed
		command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -50 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 }
		command = { type = population which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1500 }
		command = { type = fortress which = [COLOR="Yellow"]331[/COLOR] value = 1 } #that's the most valuable aspect of a Burggraviate
	}
}

I hope this conforms to our conventions ;)

changes fine by me.

please retain old data and indicate as red in colour. its easier to see what you are doing

changes fine by me.

please retain old data and indicate as red in colour. its easier to see what you are doing
That of course makes sense, edited my original post.

While playing Styria, I got the event Death of Duke Ulrich of Cilli. This event raises global revolt risk by +3 for a whopping 369 months, and then event 261007 - The Stubborn Widow lowers global revolt risk by 3 for 369 months. Since 369 happens to be the province ID of Steiermark, I'd guess these were meant to be province_revoltrisk and not revoltrisk.

CAS_142017 and SPA_7214 should sleep each other.

Code:
#(1485) Wars of Granada II (First in Granada folder)
#modified by Garbon and further by Fodoron
#Spanish event also for Castile in case formation of Spain is delayed by war
event = {
	id = 142017
	trigger = {
		exists = GRA
		atwar = no
		[COLOR="Yellow"]NOT = { event = 7124 } #SPA: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = CAS
	name = "EVENTNAME7124" #Second Phase of the War of Granada
	desc = "EVENTHIST7124"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1485 }
	offset = 120
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1488 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME7124A" #Expell the Muslims from our motherland
		command = { type = inf which = -1 value = 5000 } #European crusaders
		command = { type = cav which = -1 value = 2000 } #European crusaders
		command = { type = relation which = GRA value = -200 }
		command = { type = war which = GRA }
		command = { type = stability value = 5 } #compensates for breaking truce
		[COLOR="yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 7124 } #SPA: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME7124B" #Seek a peaceful alliance of civilizations
		command = { type = relation which = GRA value = 25 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 7124 } #SPA: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
}
Code:
#(1485-1488) Wars of Granada II (First in Granada folder)
#modified by Garbon and further by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 7124
	trigger = {
		exists = GRA
		atwar = no
		[COLOR="yellow"]NOT = { event = 142017 } #CAS: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME7124" #Second Phase of the War of Granada
	desc = "EVENTHIST7124"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1485 }
	offset = 120
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1488 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME7124A" #Expell the Muslims from our motherland
		command = { type = inf which = -1 value = 5000 } #European crusaders
		command = { type = cav which = -1 value = 2000 } #European crusaders
		command = { type = relation which = GRA value = -200 }
		command = { type = war which = GRA }
		command = { type = stability value = 5 } #compensates for breaking truce
		[COLOR="yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 142017 } #CAS: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME7124B" #Seek a peaceful alliance of civilizations
		command = { type = relation which = GRA value = 25 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		[COLOR="yellow"]command = { type = sleepevent which = 142017 } #CAS: Second Phase of the War of Granada[/COLOR]
	}
}
#-#The war of Granada started as a frontier war with a Muslim attack on Zahara in December 1481, that was responded by the Marquis of Cadiz in February 1482 with the conquest of Alhama, deep inside Muslim terrritory. The Kings gave orders of holding Alhama at all cost, as the first step in the conquest of the Nasrid emirate. Alhama held thanks to the help of the Duke of Medina-Sidonia, personal enemy of the Marquis of Cadiz, a clear demonstration that the war was going to unite the Kingdoms. At the beginning of the war, the Christians were not prepared for the offensive, and suffered several setbacks, but Granada was in a civil war, divided in two factions fighting each other and against the Christians, and after the battle of Lucena, the leader of one faction, Boabdil, was captured. Fernando decided to realease him on terms to keep the Muslims divided. Fernando reorganized the army, introducing artillery in great amounts, as a new weapon to conquer the Muslim strongholds in days instead of months. Through an extraordinary effort during the campaigns of 1484-86 the first phase of the war was concluded with the conquest of the Western part of the emirate of Granada, capturing Boabdil a second time. The pact made with him for his release included his renounciation to the parts of the emirate in the hands of his rival and uncle, Emir Muhammad XIII al-Zagal, and the surrender of Granada once it became under his control in exchange for a title and land states. The second phase of the war of Granada was then directed against the parts controlled by al-Zagal, the coast and the Eastern part of the emirate. After the fall of Baza and Almeria in 1489, Al-Zagal, defeated, abdicated, and Boabdil became in control of Granada. According to the treaty the war was over. But Boabdil refused to comply, forcing a third phase, the siege of Granada, that was stablished in 1491. The artillery was not used to preserve the city, and Granada will finally surrender in January 1492. 780 years of Muslim presence in the peninsula had come to an end.

swedish AI files - remove GOT from combat list as it no longer exists

agceep issues,

Hello,

I'm posting here because the other thread seems to be dead.

I have fond memories of playing AGCEEP on a PC. Just tried dling it to my macbook for the first time...everything runs fine until I select a scenario to play, then it quits with no error message. Any ideas? I'm anxious to play it.

I'm running 1.09v and I dled Deluxe plus the DB pack.

Hello,

I'm posting here because the other thread seems to be dead.

I have fond memories of playing AGCEEP on a PC. Just tried dling it to my macbook for the first time...everything runs fine until I select a scenario to play, then it quits with no error message. Any ideas? I'm anxious to play it.

I'm running 1.09v and I dled Deluxe plus the DB pack.
Dead..? This is just because there is no installation issue to be reported.

EVENTHIST3183;The Fuggers were a peasant family of weavers from Augsburg during the 15th Century who rose through trade and transactions in money to Bankers of the Habsburgs and the Popes. Jakob Fugger the Rich (1511-1525) financed Charles V's wars and election to the Empire, controlled European lead, silver and copper production and obtained a monopoly in quicksilver. Anton Fugger (1525-1560) had trading concessions in Chile, Peru and Moscow. However, the company declined by the end of the 16th Century because of state bankruptcies in Spain, family conflicts and lack of interest on the part of the heirs.;x

kingdom of germany

I formed the kingdom of germany once with brandenburg and had czech as a state culture, then did it with the palatinate and didn't. I looked through the documentation for quite a while and couldn't find a reason for this--frankly it seems like the bug would be having czech culture?

edit: i looked at old saves, and actually brandenburg has czech culture in 1493, and for the life of me i can't figure out why.

Last edited:
When you conquer the Canary Islands from Spain (.. or Portugal ;) ) the culture doesn't change after 30 years, even if pop. is still below 5000 - bug or wad? I'd think that it's an error that castillian is set to the "default" culture, it ought to be some native one.

When you conquer the Canary Islands from Spain (.. or Portugal ;) ) the culture doesn't change after 30 years, even if pop. is still below 5000 - bug or wad? I'd think that it's an error that castillian is set to the "default" culture, it ought to be some native one.
wad, the island is part of Europe. Hardcoded in EU2 for this continent.

A forgotten bugfix here!
It should be ARG instead of SPA, there is another event for SPA.
Code:
#(1500-1515) Naples encircled - II -
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 239019
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			event = 12022 #NAP: Charles VIII presses claims on Naples
			event = 170040 #FRA: The French King in Naples
		}
		exists = ARG
		event = 170043 #FRA: The Treaty of Granada
		war = { country = NAP country = FRA }
		owned = { province = 393 data = -1 } #napoli
		owned = { province = 389 data = FRA } #Lombardia
	}
	random = no
	country = NAP
	name = "EVENTNAME239018" #Naples encircled
	desc = "EVENTHIST239018"
	#-#

date = { day = 11 month = November year = 1500 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 11 month = November year = 1515 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME239018A" #Cede the Kingdom to Louis XII (End Game)
		command = { type = independence which = MAN }
		command = { type = independence which = PAM }
		command = { type = independence which = MLO }
		command = { type = independence which = PIS }
		command = { type = independence which = TOS }
		command = { type = independence which = PAP }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = MLO value = 402 } #Emilia
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAP value = 392 } #marche
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = ARG value = 394 } #apulia
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [COLOR="Red"]SPA[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]ARG[/COLOR] value = 395 } #messina
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = [COLOR="red"]SPA[/COLOR][COLOR="yellow"]ARG[/COLOR] value = 396 } #sicily
		command = { type = trigger which = 170044 } #FRA The conquest of Naples
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 239018 } #NAP: Naples encircled - I -
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME239018B" #Let's fight until the end
		command = { type = relation which = ARG value = -75 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 239018 } #NAP: Naples encircled - I -
	}
}

Typo:
EVENTHIST170216;The sole heir of Charles 'The Bold', Mary, died suddenly from a riding accident. Her husband, Charles, Dauphin of France, was a mere boy at the time of her death. Nontheless, he now ruled Burgundy. The real power of course lay in the Regency Council. As long as Charles's father, King Louis XI of France, was on the throne, the Burgundians and those in lowlands would keep quiet. Upon Louis XI's death, however, Charles stood to reunite the BUurgundian domains with those of the France...;;;;;;;;;;

wad, the island is part of Europe. Hardcoded in EU2 for this continent.

Out of interest, has this been reversed in FTG?

Not sure about the Canary Islands as I haven't modified them, but I have seen some of the Irish provinces change culture.

Out of interest, has this been reversed in FTG?

Not sure about the Canary Islands as I haven't modified them, but I have seen some of the Irish provinces change culture.
Better report in FTG forum... but not modified and Irish provinces should stay Irish... if they aren't colonies.

bug?

AGCEEP Deluxe version 1.57(*i ve applied the Unlimited time patch )

i ve played as England these are the "bugs"(i suppose they are bugs),that i ve found.

a) In the canadian colonies isn t possible build conscription centers (they are core provinces)

b)when i make peace whit another nation sometimes i get also the provinces controlled by my allies.

c) events 338012 British Traders near the Ganges and 338013 The Sale of Tondaimandalam sometimes the provinces ,i got, are invisible.