• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor Ike

Karelian Buccaneer
120 Badges
Jul 17, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Empire of Sin
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Ancient Space
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • For The Glory
  • Knights of Honor
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • The Kings Crusade
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Cities in Motion
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Return to Glory - Serenìsima Repùblica VènetAAR​

600px-Flag_of_Most_Serene_Republic_of_Venice.svg.png

The year is 1836 and Northen Italy is in chaos. The north Italians have been living under Austrian rule for years and they have been treated badly, many in Venetia and Lombardy can't stand it anymore and an meeting had been called. Meeting to organize an revolution in northern italy. Representives from Lombardy and Venetia meet in the serene city of Venice to discuss about this matter, it didn't take them long to agree that the time had come to regain the lost independence and free the italian people in the north.
r1d7yt.jpg

January 1st Venetian soldiers seize the provinces of Venetia, Verona, Padua, Udine and Treviso. The Lombardians in west have done the same and Sardinia-Piedemont, Kingdom of Two-Sicilies have joined forces with Lombardy and Venetia in the hopes of helping the italian brothers. Only few hours after the start of the 'Italian Revolution', the Venetian armies organize outside Venice under the command of Mora Casanova.
2rhw8q0.jpg

While the army had been fromed outside Venice, inside the city an debate had been going on for hours in the Senate building. The Liberals and the Conservatives were both fighting over the rule and what is the future of Venetia, soon both parties realized that their fighting was pointless and that they should work together. So both agreed to form an interm goverment for the war led by the Conservative party called Partito Transigentii.
dyxg1v.jpg

People of Republic of Venetia were mostly confused about the events of January 1st and many still bealived in Anti-Military but soon their views changed and more important things were put on the priority when Italians started to volunteer in the armed service.
i3tnro.jpg

Soon the army had received it's orders and started to march, Lombardians in west had defeated the large border army of Austrian empire, Sicily had landed in Dalmatia and Sardinian forces had arrived to Pola to help the Venetian Republic. By February 22th Venetian armies under Casanova had arrived on the gates of Trieste.
6880fd.jpg

In March 30th Nicolo di Dardo, an italian aristocrat had mobilized 40,000 brave Venetians under him with the premision of the Senate in Udine. He immidietly took on his first mission to seize Idrisko.
2i0glcj.jpg

The Austrian Empire was still recovering from the shock that the Italian Revolution had caused and the rebels were able to gain land, the Lombardians in West, Sicilians in South and the Venetians in East. By April 21th both Trieste and Pola had been liberated.
2wck1dx.jpg

Knowing that Austria would eventually send it's armies to deal with the rebels the Senate recruited thousands of able bodied men for the Grand Army of the Republic. By May, twelve 10,000 men regiments had been recruited.

An army of 130.000 men?
Where did they come from? :rolleyes:

Your population is rather homogeneous. This shall be changed swiftly I see. :D
What about using the Venetian flag instead of that one used by 'Veneto'?

Return to Glory - Serenìsima Repùblica VènetAAR

In the early hours of May 16th, 1836 Venetian armies under General Casanova had taken control over the countryside of Idrisko and established an front headquarters for futher advancements.
2s78i78.jpg

Soon after the new regiments had been organized each of the commanders received their orders. The armies were to move to Lienz, Klagenfurt and Ljubljana and make sure that Austrian presence on those areas were removed.
64kro6.jpg

When the armies arrived in their destinations at May 29th only 3rd Corps had to engage in to an battle with the Austrian patrol on that area.
30igy1k.jpg

Mora Casanova leader of 1st Corps and the strategic commander of the Venetian armies knew that taking key cities and provinces was crucial to the success of the Italian revolution and while the Lombardians and Sicilians were holding back, he himself attacked Ljubljana.
xpdn4n.jpg

June 18th 1836, Venetian armies had won major victories and Lienz, Ljubljana were both liberated and the armies moved on.
149qdr9.jpg

July 8th the Venetian armies arrived to Maribor and faced resistance from the Austrian patrols.
72yw60.jpg

In Klagenfurt the Venetian armies were still fighting against the small Austrian garrison at the area.
atozup.jpg

An army of 130.000 men?
Where did they come from? :rolleyes:

Your population is rather homogeneous. This shall be changed swiftly I see. :D
What about using the Venetian flag instead of that one used by 'Veneto'?

Trough converting some of my people to soldiers and mobilizing the reserves.

Well the flag shall change if it is to change but for now the current flag remains.

This should be good! Can't wait for more!

Well there will be more and small Veneto shall face lots of different things.

In July 16th more regiments were sent to Klagenfurt to help the army there to get rid of the Austrian garrison.
rjdyti.jpg

In Maribor Mora Casanova had been forced to retreat after he had ordered his men to storm an small austrian fortification.
205tooj.jpg

Austrians in Klagenfurt were defeated in August 27th.
2cfzewg.jpg

Back in Venetia the 1st and 2nd Cavalry regiments had been trained and the men were eager to join the frontlines.
2hcku9e.jpg

3rd and 4th Corps in Klagenfurt were once again dived and sent to different provinces to continue the march towards Wien.
2irq5mt.jpg

While 3rd and 4th Corps were fighting in Graz and Judenburg, the Austrian armies had marched to Ljubljana and were allready securing it.
ves7q.jpg

Once again Venetian armies proved their worth when Austrian armies in Judenburg were defeated in October.
sxkd8g.jpg

You should focus on conquering the coast and Croatia.
I could never imagine Wien being conquered by Venetians in 1837.:rofl:

Well before starting the AAR i thought that i would never have a chance against Austria but after i run two test games with Veneto i saw that it was possible to "win" the war.

November 7th, Venetian armies had liberated bot Judenburg and Graz, continuing their march towards Wien.
1zh3a5u.jpg

Austrian partisans had risen against the Venetians but they were quickly disposed and the 3rd Corps arrived to Sopron in December 4th.
whjl7k.jpg

Five days later Sopron was liberated and Venetian armies had Wien in their sights.
igauix.jpg

How did you get so many forces? Venice doesn't start out with a mobilization pool, does it?

With 130,000 men in regular divisions, S-P, Two Sicilies and surprise on your side, it's not that difficult to beat the Habsburgs in 1836 :eek:o Although I guess for the sake of the story it has to be that way.

You should by the way grab the little states in northern Italy (Modena, Parma, ...) , too, they are ruled by cousins of the Habsburg Emperors and don't deserve to stay in a modern Italy!!

How did you get so many forces? Venice doesn't start out with a mobilization pool, does it?

With 130,000 men in regular divisions, S-P, Two Sicilies and surprise on your side, it's not that difficult to beat the Habsburgs in 1836 :eek:o Although I guess for the sake of the story it has to be that way.

You should by the way grab the little states in northern Italy (Modena, Parma, ...) , too, they are ruled by cousins of the Habsburg Emperors and don't deserve to stay in a modern Italy!!

Can't remember it anymore either it did or i bought everything needed for mobilization. Well it took almost a year for Austria to get it's armies to defend against Italians as you can see.

Also i don't want to stretch too far as this war will Venetia pretty cripled and with huge armies and majority of the people will be Soldiers. Either i shall take the little states or they unify with the Italian unification event.

January 7th Venetian armies managed to liberate Sankt Pölten from Austrian thus surrounding Wien from West and from the East.
2qmkqs2.jpg

After a quick reorganization the 3rd and 4th Corps marched towards Wien to hopefully end this war.
34e3ss7.jpg

It too many days for them to arrive and when they finally did on the 20th of January they met the armies of Austria in Wien.
16ae7og.jpg

d'Armano led his armies bravely agaisnt the Austrians who were low in number.
2hx7u52.jpg

After a long battle the Austrians were forced to flee Wien and leave it to the mercy of Venetians.
4vr3gj.jpg

The brave Venetian people continued to fight towards Wien and soon Venetian gained Wien after an succesfull attack.
wienlibra.jpg

To ensure that the war would end soon the Venetian armies aimed to take importan cities all over the Western front to force the Austrians to accept their peace. Soon cities of Zagreb and Bratislava fell in the hands of Venetian generals.
zagrebwon.jpg

In June 18th 1837 peace treaty was sent to Austrian Emperor to be signed. In this treaty Venice demanded that Idrisko, Pola and Trieste was to be given to Venice.
Austriapeace.jpg

The Austrians were forced to accept the treaty and Venice had won their freedom.

In early 1838 news came from Mexico that the Yucatan rebels in Yucatan peninsula had declared independence from the Mexican Empire.
Yuccies.jpg

A leading scientist from Austria defected to Venice bringing innovative ideas about the naval warfare. He was welcomed with open hearts.
Leading.jpg

In case Austria would ever try to regain the provinces they lost in the Venetian Independence war, the Dodge of Venice decided that Pola was to be reinforced with an fortification.
Pola.jpg

New ways of mining clean coal were invented with an succesfull aditions to the Venetian economy.
NewTechs.jpg

The capitalist in Venetia soon started to build Textile manufactories to supply the people with clothes.
Textile.jpg

In November 3rd 1839 the first free elections started in Venice after the war.
Erections.jpg