• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fantastic news this. I'm so happy this project has finally been announced officially! :)
Can't wait for some more info...
what will the system requirements of FTG be?
These are the system requirements for EU2 according to wikipedia:
Code:
266 MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 2 MB video card RAM, DirectX 8.0, Windows 95
Even though FTG most likely will be a lot more sluggish, most, if not all, computers should be able to play it.

Fantastic news this. I'm so happy this project has finally been announced officially! :)
Can't wait for some more info...These are the system requirements for EU2 according to wikipedia:
Code:
266 MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM, 2 MB video card RAM, DirectX 8.0, Windows 95
Even though FTG most likely will be a lot more sluggish, most, if not all, computers should be able to play it.
It's not a lot more sluggish.
Any word on whether FTG will be compatible with all screen resolutions? I don't want to be stuck with squashed soldier's on my laptop again. The screen resolution changing tool doesn't seem to work with 1280 X 800
Yes. I'll let YodaMaster give the details in a developer diary.

Sounds like a great game. A true game by fans, for fans!
Exactly :)

one little question:

will there be a boxed version?? ;-)
According to Paradox, yes but certainly not in all countries. Be aware it was only for Gamersgate at start but Paradox decided to do much more.

MichaelM confirmed. Not a lot more and no real problem with six years old computers and certainly more.

Any word on whether FTG will be compatible with all screen resolutions? I don't want to be stuck with squashed soldier's on my laptop again. The screen resolution changing tool doesn't seem to work with 1280 X 800
As MichaelM said, wait for the devoted dev diary but no problem for any resolution until 2400 pixels for the height of the screen. Will it be sufficient?

FYI, I "play" in 1680x1050 on my 22" wide screen.

A fair number of people simply prefer EU2 to EU3. And another fair amount of people might like EU3 if it ran faster than molasses going uphill in January (I'm part of this camp). If neither of these describes you, then you'd probably prefer HttT (unless that acronym is simply too ugly to even consider).

But I think it's more than a "slight" update.

And yes, I certainly hope we've done a better job than Asian Chapters.

I like how EU3 turned out to be eventually (decision system works just fine) and my computer runs it perfectly, but if price is reasonable I might consider buying this if there's enough new stuff in it. Though engine tweaks alone aren't enough to convince me, so hopefully there will be new scenario stuff also. Just plain vanilla EU2 with new engine isn't enough to attract me away from IN for a long time.

Woho for living in Sweden :D

selfish bastards:p it seems there isnt even a publisher here for paradox games:(.

i just got ordered my hoi3 game at a webshop that imported it from USA :rofl:
not even that expensive just 34 euros

Another question: are we going to get a shinny icon for our avatars, if we register the game?

I never played EU2, but I loved EU3 and Vicky, so I guess a game that's kind of a mix of the two (at least from what I gather) is right up my alley. I'm sure I'll buy this at release, as long as you guys don't screw it up TOO bad. :)

I never played EU2, but I loved EU3 and Vicky, so I guess a game that's kind of a mix of the two (at least from what I gather) is right up my alley. I'm sure I'll buy this at release, as long as you guys don't screw it up TOO bad. :)
They're not Paradox, they won't screw it up :D

Congrats to the developers of this. :) :) :)

I like how EU3 turned out to be eventually (decision system works just fine) and my computer runs it perfectly, but if price is reasonable I might consider buying this if there's enough new stuff in it. Though engine tweaks alone aren't enough to convince me, so hopefully there will be new scenario stuff also. Just plain vanilla EU2 with new engine isn't enough to attract me away from IN for a long time.
You should find interesting stuffs. You will have to decide if it is sufficient for you or not.

Anyway, this is also why AGCEEP is bundled with FTG and why a new map and public (by the community) adaptation to it and new features of the game should start very shortly after the release of the game.

YodaMaster am I right to believe you're going to announce a list of the new features sometime along the way?

While I never played EU2 much I am very excited about this. I am a devoted EU3 player and EU2 always seemed too limited, although a lot of good ideas were in it, and I always felt I should give it another good try. I think I'll wait for FTG now, but I'm almost definitely going to try it out. A list of details on the new features would obviously be great, though.

You should find interesting stuffs. You will have to decide if it is sufficient for you or not.

Anyway, this is also why AGCEEP is bundled with FTG and why a new map and public (by the community) adaptation to it and new features of the game should start very shortly after the release of the game.

Well, let's wait and see. I'm open to new gaming experiences, so I will be following the development diaries once you start those, to decide if this is game for me or not.

How much will it cost? As much as an "normal" p-dox game?