• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!
We released the 2.4.2 patch today and now part of the team is on vacation while the rest is working hard to fix as many bugs and improvements as possible for an upcoming 2.4.3 patch.
We obviously ran into a lot of old and new problems with older DLC in 2.4.1, but they should be fixed by now.
Not much else to say at this point. We'll be focusing on getting the game in as good shape as possible and not on adding any new features.
Some things are being re balanced, an example being the Bubonic plague which should hit a lot harder now than before.
Other than that I hope you're having a great summer and are enjoying Horse Lords!

I sure hope this is not the case, because if it would be then it's one-way ticket to uninstall valley for this game as far as I'm concerned.

Sure I can just roll back to 2.0.4 and have a good time with fast speeds, but what does that make for all the euros I spent on DLC after that?

I'm pretty sure 2.0.4 is literally the slowest patch.

I'm pretty sure 2.0.4 is literally the slowest patch.
Not for me, but I was one of the lucky few who had no performance issues when India was added.

Since then however, for me the game has been getting slower with each patch. Comparing 2.1.6 for example to the current patch, there is almost 30% decrease in game speed.

I don't see a patch on my Steam anywhere, and if I go to the Betas tab where I have access to all of the patches then it still lists 2.4.2 as a Beta patch and that I should use it at my own risk :confused:

Am I missing out on something here? The threads here are saying it launched, but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

So not running an opt-in beta is how you get the latest patch. If you had 2.4.2 beta, you shouldn't get a download though as the only thing changed is that we've set Steam to use it as the official one.

Reactions:
Not for me, but I was one of the lucky few who had no performance issues when India was added.

Since then however, for me the game has been getting slower with each patch. Comparing 2.1.6 for example to the current patch, there is almost 30% decrease in game speed.
India was added after 2.0.4, wasn't it? I thought 2.0.4 was SOA(which I had no performance issues with)

Hi everyone!
We released the 2.4.2 patch today and now part of the team is on vacation while the rest is working hard to fix as many bugs and improvements as possible for an upcoming 2.4.3 patch.
We obviously ran into a lot of old and new problems with older DLC in 2.4.1, but they should be fixed by now.
Not much else to say at this point. We'll be focusing on getting the game in as good shape as possible and not on adding any new features.
Some things are being re balanced, an example being the Bubonic plague which should hit a lot harder now than before.
Other than that I hope you're having a great summer and are enjoying Horse Lords!

Thank you for getting the new patch out so quickly.

Any chance of an auto-pillage UI feature in 2.4.3? Right now it's very common to conquer large parts of settled country as a nomad (with invasion CB, for example). Then it becomes extremely tedious to burn it all down.

Reactions:

huh, strange; mine is more or less the complete opposite - India initially crippled my performance, and since then I've been generally picking up the performance each major patch; that said I've -really- not played late game since ROI (I think 1100s-1200s was my latest) so it could be that I would hit a heavier slow down then.

The plague hit pretty hard in my most recent playthrough. Several of my children plus other close family members died. I never really noticed it before. It's -7 health or something close to that number.

We'll be focusing on getting the game in as good shape as possible and not on adding any new features.

That'll do for me. Hope it all comes together.

To be honest, thats something thats starting to worry me about CK2 - theres so many DLCs that its impossible to test all the combinations, so theres more opportunity for strange bugs associated with people missing some of them & more are starting to appear. Personally, I think theres some merit in consolidating some of them either into the base game , into the expansions or into each other - of course whether thats a good idea is in part up to the publishing arm.

I like that Paradox have started experimenting with that already, releasing a Horse Lords content pack in place of what would once have been two or three separate DLCs. Could be more difficult putting older content together but seems a good move for the future nevertheless.

Reactions:
The plague hit pretty hard in my most recent playthrough. Several of my children plus other close family members died. I never really noticed it before. It's -7 health or something close to that number.

I once modified it to be capable of basically wiping out realms, plus hugely boosted the infectiousness. It was far more realistic (though I think I went over the top a little) but it did have extremely STRANGE results on the map - due to the lack of complex inheritances that would have resulted in real life (such as the hundred years war, or other times where primary claimants were ignored for being foreign) France, the HRE, Britain and Spain all ended up with land in each other's de jure realms, and all of them had their previously leading Dynasty wiped out. It was gloriously chaotic for a while.

I once modified it to be capable of basically wiping out realms, plus hugely boosted the infectiousness. It was far more realistic (though I think I went over the top a little) but it did have extremely STRANGE results on the map - due to the lack of complex inheritances that would have resulted in real life (such as the hundred years war, or other times where primary claimants were ignored for being foreign) France, the HRE, Britain and Spain all ended up with land in each other's de jure realms, and all of them had their previously leading Dynasty wiped out. It was gloriously chaotic for a while.

That sounds like a fantastic bit of fun. Might have to try this myself.

Do you have a quote on that?

This patch, which was supposed to make the game faster, actually had the exact opposite effect on quite a few people. What is actually live is certainly not the speeds they referenced in the dev diaries.
It's working pretty well for me so far, game seem much faster in an observer game I am running. We'll see if it holds up the same speed for the second half of the game.

I know you're just giving subjective time guesstimates, but how is 1 day per second (30 seconds per month) a slowdown from half a minute per month (30 seconds per month)?

Yeah.. as you said they're just "guesstimates" I did from memory. Maybe not too accurate.

I do however have two different versions installed.
An old 1.111 one with the latest version of AGOT just before they added Essos. Which is the last playable AGOT mod for me.
And the current 2.4.2 version.

I just tested both versions with Byzzies in 1066. Both were done on speed 5.
It takes just 5-8 seconds for a month to pass in 1.111.
It takes 28-35 seconds for a month to pass in 2.4.2.

I also noticed that the graphics were apparently simpler in 1.111. Maybe one of the reasons.