• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone!
We released the 2.4.2 patch today and now part of the team is on vacation while the rest is working hard to fix as many bugs and improvements as possible for an upcoming 2.4.3 patch.
We obviously ran into a lot of old and new problems with older DLC in 2.4.1, but they should be fixed by now.
Not much else to say at this point. We'll be focusing on getting the game in as good shape as possible and not on adding any new features.
Some things are being re balanced, an example being the Bubonic plague which should hit a lot harder now than before.
Other than that I hope you're having a great summer and are enjoying Horse Lords!

Nice thanks paradox

Much appreciated. I don't care what the boss says, I gotta leave work now in order to try this patch as soon as possible ;)
Maybe we need to add some kind of "Enjoy your Crusader Kings II responsibly" disclaimer. Don't want you to lose your job or anything ;)

Reactions:
Hmmm bubonic plague. Should be fun.

Is there an eta on 2.4.3 that doesn't involve a tolkien reference?

Any plans to expand on the tributary mechanic? Would be great if we could see it more in the historical set up such as in Ireland or the Carolingian empire, or if they could be linked to ephemeral titular titles like High-King or Bretwaldas.

Will there be any more unique cultural traits? Adding polygamy, raiding and blinding as Irish cultural traits would make me a very happy bunny.

Reactions:
For the love of every holly and unholly things, please fix the Charlemange start! Game has megabytes of content allready. Please continue the fixing of current features.

*Charlemange start*
Allways one of these (Byzantine, Ummayad, France or Vikings) countries will counquer the rest world so easly. Its not fun

Reactions:
Some things are being re balanced, an example being the Bubonic plague which should hit a lot harder now than before.

Bu-bu-buBONIC?! :eek:

Seriously though, this is great to see. I do hope these become an official weekly Tuesday thing. That'd be nice. Even if they are small like this one.

Reactions:
I keep having to reload my Ironman (yeah, that's possible) saves because I keep settling by accident whilst pillaging - please add a decision to toggle settling on and off, or some other means of preventing these accidents!

PS - DAMMIT Paradox I was finally getting over my CK2 addition...

EDIT: Hilariously enough, just as I posted this, I settled by accident again. CURSE YOU SPECIAL HOLDING ACTIONS NOTIFICATION!

We obviously ran into a lot of old and new problems with older DLC in 2.4.1, but they should be fixed by now.

To be honest, thats something thats starting to worry me about CK2 - theres so many DLCs that its impossible to test all the combinations, so theres more opportunity for strange bugs associated with people missing some of them & more are starting to appear. Personally, I think theres some merit in consolidating some of them either into the base game , into the expansions or into each other - of course whether thats a good idea is in part up to the publishing arm.

One of the patch notes mention that you guys fixed a bunch of events, is one of those getting mystic mayhaps? Cuz I never get that anymore. Even when I do the questline for it.

Devs think performance is fine.

Do you have a quote on that?

This patch, which was supposed to make the game faster, actually had the exact opposite effect on quite a few people. What is actually live is certainly not the speeds they referenced in the dev diaries.

Do you have a quote on that?

This patch, which was supposed to make the game faster, actually had the exact opposite effect on quite a few people. What is actually live is certainly not the speeds they referenced in the dev diaries.

Mentioned by dev: Bubonic plague issues
Ignored by dev: Performance issues

Reactions: