• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #52 - New Achievements

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Today we'll be listing the new achievements coming in the 1.4 'Kennedy' update. In fact, to compensate for the lack of achievements added since release, there's a whole 32 new achievements coming, bringing the total amount of Stellaris achievements to 55. They are as follows:

GsSGeYk.png

Victorious:
Win the game through any victory condition.

hear_me_roar.png
Hear me Roar: Hatch the egg.

infinite_creation.png
Infinite Creation: Birth a new universe.

FrAAf2D.png

Whence It Came:
Defeat a horrifying invader.

dreadnought.png
Dreadnought: Restore an ancient warship.

stellar_performance.png
Stellar Performance: Take a trophy from a stellar being.

warrior_of_light.png
Warrior of Light: Destroy a wraith.

unravelling_enigma.png
Unravelling Enigma: Uncover the secrets of an ancient fortress.

patron.png
Patron: Support the Artisan Troupe for 10 years.

mad_genius.png
Mad Genius: Recruit a scientist from the Curators.

the_good_stuff.png
The Good Stuff: Purchase a rare resource from the Traders.

return_to_dust.png
Return to Dust: Destroy an enclave.

last_best_hope.png
Last, Best Hope: Lead the non-aligned powers to victory against an awakened empire.

put_a_ring_on_it.png
Put A Ring On It: Have a ringworld section as your capital.

slave_to_the_systems.png
Slave to the Systems: As a collectivist empire, have at least 200 enslaved pops in an empire of at least 500 pops.

suffer_not_the_alien.png
Suffer not the Alien: As a xenophobic empire, purge all other sentient species in the galaxy.

tourist_trap.png
Tourist Trap: As an individualistic empire, own a planet with at least 10 different species on it.

planned_obsolescence.png
Planned Obsolescence: As a materialist empire, have at least 75% of the pops in your empire be robotic in an empire with at least 200 pops.

peacekeeper.png
Peacekeeper: As a pacifistic empire, have all other independent empires be pacifistic as well.

very_open_borders.png
Very Open Borders: As a xenophilic empire, have migration treaties with at least 10 other empires.

deus_vult.png
Deus Vult: As a spiritualistic empire, own 4 holy worlds.

omnivultural.png
Omnicultural: Have your ruler be of a different species class than your founding species.

old_friends.png
Old Friends: Receive a gift from a Fallen Empire.

unboxing.png
Unboxing: Open up a shielded world.

enlightened_times.png
Enlightened Times: Enlighten a bronze age civilization.

payback.png
Payback: As a humanoid species, infiltrate the homeworld of pre-FTL reptilians.

paradise_found.png
Paradise Found: Terraform a planet into a gaia world.

what_came_before.png
What Came Before: Find the home system of a precursor empire.

outside_context.png
Outside Context: Invade pre-FTL Earth while it is in the midst of a world war.

then_virgil_now_beatrice.png
Then Virgil, Now Beatrice: Return a long-dead species to life.

what_was_will_be.png
What Was Will Be: Close the loop, or don't.

resourceful.png
Resourceful: Have access to ten different strategic resources.

Reactions:
I do not know if someone has reported this already, but my achieved achievements are mixed up after some update? The new achievements are open, but the old ones closed?

Br,
[KG] OldFart
Something got horrible wrong in the Steam backend when I added the new achievements, working with reverting the change. Sorry!
Will hopefully be fixed in a couple of hours, waiting for Steam to do a revert.

Reactions:
In the worse worse case, I prefer, and I think lot of players too, lost all of my achievement than have half of the very hard new achievements unlock.
So, if you cannot fix, delete all achievements and re-add to steam. :)

Thx.

Reactions:
You can delete them on your own with a console command "debug_achievements_clear". Did this accidentally few days after release :D However Paradox is currently working on a fix, so there is no need for that. Just wanted to mention it in case you want to achieve them all again sometime. Once deleted by console command there is no way to revert them!

Reactions:
In the worse worse case, I prefer, and I think lot of players too, lost all of my achievement than have half of the very hard new achievements unlock.

Thx.

TBH I prefer them to just fix it... I might not be the best player out there, but some of these I worked hard for, I was only missing the AI uprising and the prethyrn scourge to boot...

Reactions:
You can delete them on your own with a console command "debug_achievements_clear". Did this accidentally few days after release :D However Paradox is currently working on a fix, so there is no need for that. Just wanted to mention it in case you want to achieve them all again sometime. Once deleted by console command there is no way to revert them!
Oh, we can do that ?! Big thx so.
And we can delete one by one ? Or there is any way to do that on others games (paradox or not). Sometimes, I have some succes with bugs or because I want check if by cheating I can have (for example, I have the succes to have my dynastie on 8 country in EUIV because I want check if really start game with Japan and put your familly on the Daymio/vassal will really work or not ...).

Of course me too I prefer a fix, I talk about the worse case.

Edit : Micro update of the game and now I have 21/23 succes. Paradox delete all of the new succes and fix the old one. :)

Last edited:
Oh, we can do that ?! Big thx so.
And we can delete one by one ? Or there is any way to do that on others games (paradox or not). Sometimes, I have some succes with bugs or because I want check if by cheating I can have (for example, I have the succes to have my dynastie on 8 country in EUIV because I want check if really start game with Japan and put your familly on the Daymio/vassal will really work or not ...).

Of course me too I prefer a fix, I talk about the worse case.

Edit : Micro update of the game and now I have 21/23 succes. Paradox delete all of the new succes and fix the old one. :)

They old ones are fixed now. New ones will be comming shotly acording to Zoft.

And we can delete one by one ?
Nope, that command deletes all at once.

Or there is any way to do that on others games (paradox or not).
Afaik stellaris is the only game with that command. In my opinion it shouldn't even be ingame but well seems like no one accidently deleted their achievements like i did :D

So if I'm in an on-going Ironman game from v1.3, am I eligible for v1.4 achievements?

The reason I ask is because while doing research for CK2 achievements I learned that some achievements criteria were tracked upon game creation and a patch change to it (I believe this is the Iron Crown / Lombard 1300 achievement) to make it easier to obtain was not retroactivity applicable, so a new game would be required.

I want to know how much more time I should invest in my current game with regards to achievement hunting.

So if I'm in an on-going Ironman game from v1.3, am I eligible for v1.4 achievements?

The reason I ask is because while doing research for CK2 achievements I learned that some achievements criteria were tracked upon game creation and a patch change to it (I believe this is the Iron Crown / Lombard 1300 achievement) to make it easier to obtain was not retroactivity applicable, so a new game would be required.

I want to know how much more time I should invest in my current game with regards to achievement hunting.

This. I invested a lot of time in a 1.3 game and would like to know if I can get the new achievements now or if I have to restart.

@Hinchus @Beyond Disbelief : You will not be eligible for 1.4 achievements with a 1.3 save. Achievements eligibility in Stellaris, like Paradox's other recent titles, is calculated at game start and is part of the save file.

Unlike Paradox's other games, though, ironman saves can be edited without losing achievement eligibility so you could just start a new ironman game, copy the achievement section, and then paste it back into your existing save if you're comfortable doing that.

Thank you that was great advice. It gave me five of the new achievements as soon as I loaded up the edited save.

I am still questioning the nature of reality, though, because my computer starts up Portal 2 every time I doubleclick on a .sav file. We live in truly dark times.

@Hinchus @Beyond Disbelief : You will not be eligible for 1.4 achievements with a 1.3 save. Achievements eligibility in Stellaris, like Paradox's other recent titles, is calculated at game start and is part of the save file.

Unlike Paradox's other games, though, ironman saves can be edited without losing achievement eligibility so you could just start a new ironman game, copy the achievement section, and then paste it back into your existing save if you're comfortable doing that.

Thanks for the advice. How do I actually go about this? It seems like the saves aren't human-readable (compressed?) I made sure these were local saves and the wiki says they'd be uncompressed.

EDIT: Nevermind, found information about renaming the zip file. Thanks for the tip! I managed to unlock one achieve. Looks like it didn't credit my Enigma completion from the save but if it will track new achievements moving forward that's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Yeah the only I don't understand is the "Close the loop" one.

The file says "worm_awaited". The 'worm' is referred in the Event Horizon storyline which clearly satirizes the movie of the same name. A gate to hell so to speak. You won't get it by playing it safe...

The event can trigger whenever a scientist passes a blackhole for the first time I guess.

Actually playing it safe (as safe as this even can be) seems to have a 25% chance to still start the advanced event chain. Dying seems to be 100% working. No guarantee for you to finish it though.

Last edited:
The file says "worm_awaited". The 'worm' is referred in the Event Horizon storyline which clearly satirizes the movie of the same name. A gate to hell so to speak. You won't get it by playing it safe...

It is actually Horizon Signal, not Event Horizon.
The game's event that is.