• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #52 - New Achievements

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Today we'll be listing the new achievements coming in the 1.4 'Kennedy' update. In fact, to compensate for the lack of achievements added since release, there's a whole 32 new achievements coming, bringing the total amount of Stellaris achievements to 55. They are as follows:

GsSGeYk.png

Victorious:
Win the game through any victory condition.

hear_me_roar.png
Hear me Roar: Hatch the egg.

infinite_creation.png
Infinite Creation: Birth a new universe.

FrAAf2D.png

Whence It Came:
Defeat a horrifying invader.

dreadnought.png
Dreadnought: Restore an ancient warship.

stellar_performance.png
Stellar Performance: Take a trophy from a stellar being.

warrior_of_light.png
Warrior of Light: Destroy a wraith.

unravelling_enigma.png
Unravelling Enigma: Uncover the secrets of an ancient fortress.

patron.png
Patron: Support the Artisan Troupe for 10 years.

mad_genius.png
Mad Genius: Recruit a scientist from the Curators.

the_good_stuff.png
The Good Stuff: Purchase a rare resource from the Traders.

return_to_dust.png
Return to Dust: Destroy an enclave.

last_best_hope.png
Last, Best Hope: Lead the non-aligned powers to victory against an awakened empire.

put_a_ring_on_it.png
Put A Ring On It: Have a ringworld section as your capital.

slave_to_the_systems.png
Slave to the Systems: As a collectivist empire, have at least 200 enslaved pops in an empire of at least 500 pops.

suffer_not_the_alien.png
Suffer not the Alien: As a xenophobic empire, purge all other sentient species in the galaxy.

tourist_trap.png
Tourist Trap: As an individualistic empire, own a planet with at least 10 different species on it.

planned_obsolescence.png
Planned Obsolescence: As a materialist empire, have at least 75% of the pops in your empire be robotic in an empire with at least 200 pops.

peacekeeper.png
Peacekeeper: As a pacifistic empire, have all other independent empires be pacifistic as well.

very_open_borders.png
Very Open Borders: As a xenophilic empire, have migration treaties with at least 10 other empires.

deus_vult.png
Deus Vult: As a spiritualistic empire, own 4 holy worlds.

omnivultural.png
Omnicultural: Have your ruler be of a different species class than your founding species.

old_friends.png
Old Friends: Receive a gift from a Fallen Empire.

unboxing.png
Unboxing: Open up a shielded world.

enlightened_times.png
Enlightened Times: Enlighten a bronze age civilization.

payback.png
Payback: As a humanoid species, infiltrate the homeworld of pre-FTL reptilians.

paradise_found.png
Paradise Found: Terraform a planet into a gaia world.

what_came_before.png
What Came Before: Find the home system of a precursor empire.

outside_context.png
Outside Context: Invade pre-FTL Earth while it is in the midst of a world war.

then_virgil_now_beatrice.png
Then Virgil, Now Beatrice: Return a long-dead species to life.

what_was_will_be.png
What Was Will Be: Close the loop, or don't.

resourceful.png
Resourceful: Have access to ten different strategic resources.

Reactions:
I really dig those achievements. They sound great!

A random side-question though, is it possible to bomb a world into a Barren World, and vice versa; to terraform some specific types of uninhabitable planets* into a Tomb World-esque type of world?
That way we will have much more interesting gameplay :eek:

* Like Barren, Cold Barren and Frozen planets.

After going through the achievements more closely, I realised I don't know (I have never come across these situations in my playthroughs) what those mean. What is the loop they're refering to here? New endgame crisis? And shielded worlds? I knew these existed because I saw them in the world type page in the game's wiki, but... When can you have them? So much new stuff for me!
Shielded worlds are typically found inside fallen empire borders.
Close the loop also confounds me along with birth a new universe! So many hidden things in the game yet to explore, love it!

Reactions:
It sounds like many of these achievements will require the Leviathans DLC in order to, well, achieve. Will the Leviathans-specific achievements only be added to my game's list of achievements if I have the DLC that makes them possible, or will all of the achievements be added to the base game and make it impossible for people without the DLC to 100% the game?

"Made Space Great Again" - Get a xenophobic leader elected

I think we missed that window of opportunity. Just like the hat Wiz wore, they will not return to Stellaris.
I miss an achievement for militarists, though.

Anyway, time to brainstorm some species or trait related achievements.

It sounds like many of these achievements will require the Leviathans DLC in order to, well, achieve. Will the Leviathans-specific achievements only be added to my game's list of achievements if I have the DLC that makes them possible, or will all of the achievements be added to the base game and make it impossible for people without the DLC to 100% the game?
Steam usual adds all achievements, regardless if you actual own DLCs related to achievements or not. And I don't think developers/publisher can't set it up this way. It's just Steams way handling things.

Reactions:

Steam always adds all achievments for a game to the list, whether they are part of DLC you own or not.

Though with Stellaris, even if you don't own the DLC, you can still experience it in a multiplayer game if the host owns it.

Reactions:
View attachment 217111
Planned Obsolescence: As a materialist empire, have at least 75% of the pops in your empire be robotic in an empire with at least 200 pops.

So is Kennedy actually poised to make it viable to be robotics-focused materialists in the same galaxy as awakened Keepers of Knowledge without getting turned into paste as soon as you refuse to give up the only nice thing your ethos has? ^^

Reactions:
as nice as having new achievements is, i really don't care to much about them, that and i rarely play with iron man mode on purely for the fact i know I'm going to at some point in my game have an event or anomaly chain break on me and I'm going to need the console to fix it.
Would have liked something more related to actual game play.

Reactions:
Those 3 are the only ones I have trouble figuring out.

Destroy and enclave, does it mean the sanctuary system?

And "midst of a world war" does it mean it has to be industrial age? or?
Enclaves are those stations with 10k military power you can find sometimes. I'm not sure of those are actually from the Leviathans pack or not though.

"Midst of a world war" - I guess it means Atomic Age.

"Close the loop, or don't" - Sounds like time travel to me.

Ohhhhhh, like those new achievements, most of them are actually gonna be hard or long to get. And since NO-ONE knows what "Close the Loop" refers to, I'm assuming it's gonna be related to the new stuff coming with 1.4

"Midst of a world war" - I guess it means Atomic Age.
Machine Age. The industrial_army units on Earth will be labelled "German Wehrmacht", "Imperial Japanese Forces", "British Armed Forces", "Soviet Red Army", and "US Armed Forces".

Reactions:
That is a lot of new achievements! Even though I usually don't play on ironman, it is nice to know that this aspect has been expanded too.