Stellaris Dev Diary #34 - Clarke Patch

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
:(

Wiz senpai didn't notice my questions. Got an additional one though. Have you managed to fix the bug where armies vanish if still landed on hostile planets when a peace deal is made? (Especially then the AI surrenders with no option to refuse or postpone)

Getting tired of having to immediately disembark my damaged troops just in case the bug occurs, and I'm stuck paying upkeep forever.

Should be fixed.

Reactions:
I'm now going to stop answering most questions about which particular bugs are fixed, as otherwise I'll be here all week. Patch notes will be available later in the week.

Reactions:
Will you be able to do anything about border/territory access for science ships for Clarke, or will it have to waiting for the Asimov patch? Want to go boldly where no <species> has gone before, and sove those quests.

It's much easier to get AI to agree to give access in Clarke, actual access overhaul is in Asimov.

Reactions:
Wiz, sorry for all the questions, but i think this will continue until the patch notes release.

Are the weapons rebalanced? right now ballistics are useless

No. We're going to do a general balance pass on weapons at some point, but right now we have more important priorities.

Reactions:
Lots of excellent stuff here. Thanks!

Will surnames be kept constant now for monarchical governments? I saw a tweet from a dev saying it was in the works.

Yes, surnames are now inherited by heirs, and heirs will have more appropriate ages.

Reactions:
Thanks for the up-date, Wiz.

Question. How regularly is Stellaris planning on releasing patches? Is it once every month? This almost DD gives me the impression Stellaris is still in full development.

Right now we have Clarke and Asimov, which are planned end of May/end of June, after that I can't give you any specifics yet.

Reactions:
Just to clarify this about end-game threats, does this mean the AI will actively combat the scourge/Unbidden?

Yes, if they or an ally is threatened by them.

Reactions:
Will we get a notification if an alien pet resource appears under a tile? Also, will the sector AI know to leave the tile blank and not plop a science lab on it? I had this resource appear in my empire but never knew about it until I checked a tile by pure chance. I understand they like appearing on tiles that start with a society resource (once the pet shows up, it's a 1 pet + 5 society tile), so it's highly likely that players accidently supress it. Better yet would be if Research Labs didn't supress it.

Buildings no longer surpress strategic resources in Clarke.

Reactions:
So just to be clear sector A.I. will now actually respect tile resources when told to and will actually be prevented from redeveloping my buildings when I disallow that? This is the #1 concern for me with this patch.

Yes, under all circumstances.

Reactions:
Uhm, I know you said you wouldn't answer "has this been fixed" question, but...can we control observation stations in Sectors now? That is actually one of my main gripes atm :/

Yeah, it's fixed in Clarke.

Reactions: