• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #296 - Announcing Galactic Paragons

Over the past year we’ve been working on several things in parallel. While PDS Green in Stockholm was building the First Contact Story Pack, our colleagues at PDS Arctic in Umeå were working on a major project as well.

I’m extremely pleased to announce that Galactic Paragons, an expansion focusing on leaders and their impact on your empire, will be released alongside Stellaris’ seventh anniversary on May 9th.

Galactic Paragons Logo

Galactic Paragons is now available to wishlist.

I’m turning the diary over to Petter Nallo, who directed the development of Galactic Paragons, to explain their vision and provide a list of features.

The Vision of Galactic Paragons​

Amidst the great empires of the galaxy, there are luminaries who rise above the masses. They take on many forms: cunning rulers, ruthless warlords, devout prophets, bold explorers, and visionary scientists. These leaders leave indelible imprints on their empires, etching their names into the annals of history and the collective consciousness of the people they ruled.

The Galactic Paragons expansion focuses on these extraordinary individuals, seeking to capture the essence of their epochal reigns.

Event Image from Galactic Paragons

Tell us their stories​

The new level up system will allow you to shape your leaders in a whole new way. Pick traits, select between Veteran Classes and find them positions where they may excel. They are also tied to the galaxy in a new way with a home planet, a previous profession and their own ethics. Follow their journeys and witness their unique destinies unfold.

Leveling up Dolores Muwanga

The Council​

A new ruling council is introduced, where characters in the highest positions of your empire may take their place. Powerful traits have immense influence over all that lies within your empire's borders. And from here, you can unleash political agendas.

The UNE Council

Legendary leaders​

Out there in the void you may discover powerful paragons. These may seek to join your empire depending on your ethics. Here, may be approached by greedy governors who grovel in the dust, cunning spymasters, prophets who disseminate knowledge of the Shroud and so on. But as you explore the galaxy you may also encounter truly legendary beings that may change the core of your empire.

And then the rest…​

There will be a new origin, several new civics, tradition trees, agendas, council positions and much more.

More will be revealed in the near future.

Galactic Paragons

What’s Next​

You may notice that May 9th isn’t very far away, so we’ll be continuing a twice-a-week dev diary schedule until the anniversary and Galactic Paragon’s release. There are a lot of features to get through, so be prepared for some longer than usual diaries.

This Thursday we’ll explore the Council, Leaders, and Agendas.

See you then!

Wishlist now!

Attachments

• PARAGON_KEYART1080.png
    PARAGON_KEYART1080.png
    2,7 MB · Views: 0
  • 159Love
  • 84Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 21Haha
  • 10Like
Reactions:
What's the price point for this planned to be?

• 6Like
Reactions:
A surprise; but a very welcome one.

• 7Like
Reactions:
One of the things I learned in multiplayer role playing stellaris is that some species are fairly short lived - the stories of some leaders are cut short. So I introduced the idea of dynasties. It was a famous family fulfilling that leadership position from that planet. Is this something we might see or will we just need to rename new leader hires and pretend?

Looks good, looking forward to the future dev diaries!

• 8Like
Reactions:
Is this the start of empire institutions?

But how can you release this just two days from Tours and Tournaments? Oh my poor, limited free time...

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
fingers crossed, this looks like it could be one of those game changing expansions like utopia was.

hope the khan gets a unique court and a buff with this expansion too, poor guy's been steamrolled by (even the) normal ai in all my games

• 26Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
I wonder what a council will look like for a gestalt consciousness...

"I think we should focus on our fleet."
"Why yes I do agree."
"An excellent suggestion, me."
"Am all of me in favor?"
"Aye!"

• 49Haha
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Not to dig up bodys here, but "PDS Arctic in Umeå were working on a major project as well.", is this the team that seems to be getting - (must move on because of centralization and closer of the Office in Umeå)? Feels bad that they seem to have done great work and due to questionable decisions the studio gets closed. Seems even more unnecessary now.

• 6Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: