• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #225 - 3.1.2 "Lem" Patch Update

Hello Stellaris Community!

This week’s Dev Diary comes to you with a little bit less of the future development and more of what we’ve been doing with the Custodian team’s work. That means that we’ll be sharing a little bit of information on the upcoming fixes for the 3.1.2 patch. Next week we should be back to the regular schedule of dev diaries that we know you’re looking forward to; however, this week we want to continue the conversation from last week and provide details on the patch.

First off, we want to thank all of you for submitting your bug reports! Bug reports are extremely useful to us, and we want to thank our Community for dedicating their time to reporting issues in Lem. I just want to share a little context with you all for a moment:

On launch day we peaked at ~18k concurrent players on Steam, supposing each of those players plays one hour, that’s 18 000 hours. Assuming a 40 hour work week, that’s 450 workweeks. This isn’t meant to make excuses, but just to put into context that our community does more playing in the hour after release than we could hope to accomplish in the time between the release of Nemesis and now. :D

With that being said, we have put together a patch for the 3.1.1 “Lem” Update! The Custodian team has spent the last week fixing issues raised by the community, and we hope to get this patch out to the larger community around the middle of next week (as long as there are no further issues).

#################################################################

######################### VERSION 3.1.2 ###########################

#################################################################

######################

# Performance and Stability

######################

* Fixed a crash where releasing a vassal as a Clone Army could cause an invalid species.

######################

# Bugfixes

######################

* Fixed the Clone Army origin tooltip not having a matching ship upkeep reduction with their admirals. Also changed the bonus to scale in a cleaner way, the upkeep is now 5/10/20% based on the Army's decisions.
* The Genetic Crossroads special project will now abort if a species completes Synthetic Evolution before finishing it.
* Fixed habitability of planets that clone armies have abandoned through lack of clone vats being locked at 0% for them.
* Ancient Clone Vats can now only assemble Clone Soldier pops.
* Going into a food deficit when using the Catalytic Processing civic will now give a -50% production penalty to alloy production. This penalty is in line with the penalty non-catalytic empires suffer from a mineral deficit
* Fixed players being able to move their Science Ship to blow up systems using the “Elder One” event.
* Fixed exploit where AI acceptance from Eminent Diplomats tradition also applied to trade deals.

######################

# Known Issues

######################

* The penalty to alloy production from a food deficit in catalytic empires is not shown in the deficit tooltip.
* Mastercraft Inc. Civic does not change Artisans into Artificers on an Ecumenopolis.
* Some inconsistencies in the number of jobs exchanged by Foundry Station designation for empires with the Catalytic processing civic.
* It’s possible for the Nivlac species to be created without the Radiotrophic trait in certain instances.
* Party Aftermath event can create crossbreed species between caravaneers and an infertile clone pop.
* Shattered Ring World can turn into a planet due to takeover or devastation.
* Mechanical pops with a Decadent Lifestyle have no pop upkeep.
* Awakened Empires don't use traditions properly.
* Machine empires can spawn with the necrophage origin.

For those of you still waiting for your mods to update, we also have been maintaining a list of updated mods for 3.1.*, you can check it out here.

Thanks for reading, we’ll see you next week where grekulf will shine some light on the operations of the Custodian team.

The Stellaris Team

• 70Like
  • 9Love
Reactions:
What it really just needs is to reallocate penalties to resource types that are involved research production. The -50% research penalty from running a CG deficit should be moved to minerals for Hive Minds and Energy for MEs.

We're aware of these issues and have been discussing possible solutions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Can we get a utopian abundance buff to keep it competitive with decadent lifestyle? I like running pleasure seekers with utopian abundance instead but it feels like a huge waste.

Reactions:
Can we get a utopian abundance buff to keep it competitive with decadent lifestyle? I like running pleasure seekers with utopian abundance instead but it feels like a huge waste.
Uh why would you waste a slot on pleasure seakers if you don't plan to use the most useful feature it gives you; decadent lifestyle.

Also this seem like a cause to buff pleasure seakers instead of utopian abundance though it is a weak cause cuz it would assumed that you would use the living standard it give you instead of wasting it.

And it make sense that utopian abundance would be weaker than decadent lifestyle because one cost you a slot in civic and the other doesn't.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Uh why would you waste a slot on pleasure seakers if you don't plan to use the most useful feature it gives you; decadent lifestyle.

Also this seem like a cause to buff pleasure seakers instead of utopian abundance though it is a weak cause cuz it would assumed that you would use the living standard it give you instead of wasting it.

And it make sense that utopian abundance would be weaker than decadent lifestyle because one cost you a slot in civic and the other doesn't.
because why wouldn't a utopian abundant society also be pleasure seekers? it just makes sense that they would, I'm already spending hundreds of consumer goods a month on holotheatres, might as well get pop growth from that. as for "buffing" pleasure seekers, it would not be a buff, it would be a sidegrade. all i'm looking for is that the housing benefit not be restricted to slavers, which makes the civic a waste if you don't use the decadent living standard. if you don't have servant slaves, and you don't have domestic servitude robot slaves, the housing servant job should be replaced with a free citizen working an entertainer job. and utopian abundance should get a small buff of its own.

Reactions:
99% of Pleasure Seekers' point is the Decadent Lifestyle living standard. It's Utopian Abundance without the massive cost. I'm not sure why you would run anything else if you took that civic.

Utopian Abundance is fine - it doesn't cost a civic slot, only requiring an empire to be some level of Egalitarian. It also doesn't represent a Decadent Lifestyle, but everyone in the society being treated economically equal and having the economic power to give them all a lavish lifestyle.

The Decadent Lifestyle indicates a society that is committed to Brave New World levels of pleasure seeking, but in a functional manner, unlike Chemical Bliss. Utopian Abundance does not.

Reactions:
99% of Pleasure Seekers' point is the Decadent Lifestyle living standard
the power of the civic should be the civic, not the standard, so that i can get something out of it if i run it with utopian abundance, which thematically should be the ideal way to run utopian abundance.

Reactions:
Personally I find it absurd that a living standard can be so much better than any other, just from a flavor perspective. Not to mention they all give 0.5 TV, the only living standard where TV doesn't correlate to the CG upkeep. With only a single +10% TV modifier, Decadent Lifestyle workers generate equivalent to their own upkeep, with a +20% happiness modifier to boot! It's pretty clear they took Utopian Abundance living standard, then changed the CG upkeep to be decent conditions with a +10% modifier.

At least we have the custodian team now, so there's a very strong likelihood that the civic does get looked at and adjusted again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
the power of the civic should be the civic, not the standard, so that i can get something out of it if i run it with utopian abundance, which thematically should be the ideal way to run utopian abundance.
Perhaps. I don't see anything wrong with unlocking a living standard with a civic. But that's more of a question of changing the civic's bonuses, not buffing Utopian Abundance.

For example, you could change it so that it provides a 5% or 10% happiness bonus, but also increases pop CG costs by 10%

Reactions:
Utopian abundance is very different from decadence. Everyone gets what they need, not what they want. Whereas in decadence people get everything they want.

Reactions:
Utopian abundance is very different from decadence. Everyone gets what they need, not what they want. Whereas in decadence people get everything they want.
Meh. The difference between 1.1 cg and 1 cg is minimal. And it is outweighed by the fact that decadent is 1.1/0.5/0.25 whereas utopian abundance is 1/1/1 CG for each class meaning there's far more wants being served than under decadence ;) the one more based on need is shared burdens with 0.4/0.4/0.4 consumer goods.
Stop talking about Utopian Abundance you don't even understand how it works.
Oh? Do tell me how the only living standard I've ever used other than shared burdens works :)

Reactions:
because why wouldn't a utopian abundant society also be pleasure seekers? it just makes sense that they would, I'm already spending hundreds of consumer goods a month on holotheatres, might as well get pop growth from that. as for "buffing" pleasure seekers, it would not be a buff, it would be a sidegrade. all i'm looking for is that the housing benefit not be restricted to slavers, which makes the civic a waste if you don't use the decadent living standard. if you don't have servant slaves, and you don't have domestic servitude robot slaves, the housing servant job should be replaced with a free citizen working an entertainer job. and utopian abundance should get a small buff of its own.
Stuff like this is why I made a suggestion to base pleasure seakers around amenities instead of consumer goods and remove the lifestyle kinda. This would get rid of those conflicts and I think it also fits much more thematically and gameplay wise. More detailed why and how here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-amenities-instead-of-consumer-goods.1488655/

So do people need more than they want then? Because Decadence costs a whole lot less CG than Utopian does....
Well want is relative maybe pleasure seaker is a hellhole that 3 meals per day is equivalent to decadence for them contrast to utopian abundance that need to committed in their ideological egalitarian utopia lol

Don't tell me you didnt fix fleet reinformnets bug? If the ship designer autoupdates, and your existing ship in fleet is now ''old'', if you click on reinforce, shipyard will take your money, you will wait for build time it will finish and no ships will get out of it if fleet isnt in same system as shipyard. Also before it completely broke it keep producing more than current fleet limit because of ship design autoupdate it didnt reckognize ''older'' design existing ships in fleet so i ended up with lots of extra manual fleet menagment, aka broken functionality of reinforce fleet from tooltip. Such a great bug. Like them not merging if your main fleet goes into battle wasnt enough, now this. Balance is least of your problems, you introduced game breaking bugs, dunno how but congrats on not even noticing them. gg

Reactions:
Don't tell me you didnt fix fleet reinformnets bug? If the ship designer autoupdates, and your existing ship in fleet is now ''old'', if you click on reinforce, shipyard will take your money, you will wait for build time it will finish and no ships will get out of it if fleet isnt in same system as shipyard. Also before it completely broke it keep producing more than current fleet limit because of ship design autoupdate it didnt reckognize ''older'' design existing ships in fleet so i ended up with lots of extra manual fleet menagment, aka broken functionality of reinforce fleet from tooltip. Such a great bug. Like them not merging if your main fleet goes into battle wasnt enough, now this. Balance is least of your problems, you introduced game breaking bugs, dunno how but congrats on not even noticing them. gg
I've never noticed that, because the auto-design function tends to make bad ships and i turn it off. (t1 disruptor > t5 Laser wait what?)
Making a (calm & descriptive) bug report would probably help!
I agree, the "reinforce fleet" function can be a big mess in many situations but ships getting built and not spawning never happend to me.

I've never noticed that, because the auto-design function tends to make bad ships and i turn it off. (t1 disruptor > t5 Laser wait what?)
Making a (calm & descriptive) bug report would probably help!
I agree, the "reinforce fleet" function can be a big mess in many situations but ships getting built and not spawning never happend to me.
i think he's talking about auto-update, not auto-design.

Almost thought so, but i use that function regulary and it never happend to me, so i thought it must be the other function if it happens without any special condition other than a new upgrade being avaidable, as claimed... or i'm truly blind which is very possible
i have certainly had weird bugs with the auto-update while auto-design is off. like it creating new auto-designs that i have to delete even though auto-design is off. like the reinforce leading to too many ships so individual ships have to be manually organized into new fleets. etc... etc...