• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #184 : Fwd: Notice of Termination

Congratulations, [Employee.GetFirstName]!

Due to consistently meeting or exceeding performance goals and receiving high marks from both your manager and colleagues, you have been selected for termination at the end of this quarter! Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Dodacorp™, and we’re lucky to see you go!

Your manager will be in touch with you to provide instructions related to termination benefits, reallocating your Dodacorp™ retirement credits to your next of kin, and the necessary paperwork for your desired post-termination arrangements. As a valued member of Dodacorp™, remember that you have an employee discount on cremation services from our partners at Burnatech™ and don’t forget that you can claim your complementary Eternal Interment™ urn from our Repositrexx™ subsidiary.

Ask your manager about securing a spot for your urn on the Wall of Honor™, the most desirable places are going fast!

Please make sure to complete all of the requisite forms by the first of
[Employee.TerminationDate.PreviousMonth] so you don’t miss this exciting opportunity.

We’d like to thank you again for your service here at Dodacorp™, and appreciate that your sacrifice today will lead to record profits tomorrow!

Sincerely,

[Employee.Division.Supervisor.GetFullName]
[Employee.Division.Supervisor.GetFullJobTitle]

Dodacorp(tm) image - NOT JEFF

---

Inspired by the extreme popularity of CK2’s Sunset Invasion, we continue our exploration of mortality with two more civics that we’re planning for an upcoming release, the Death Cult and Corporate Death Cult.

Death Cult Civic - NOT JEFF

Death Cult civic - sadly the Curators aren’t allowed to secretly be a death cult

Corporate Death Cult Civic - NOT JEFF

Corporate Death Cult civic - ritual murder for funds and prophet

Available to Spiritualist empires, empires with either of these civics replace the Temples that Spiritualists can normally build with Sacrificial Temples that provide both Death Priest and Mortal Initiate jobs.

Sacrificial Temple - NOT JEFF

Sacrificial Temple building - funny how there always seems to be a Help Wanted sign in the window

Death Priest - NOT JEFF

Death Priest job - dedicated to improving game performance

Mortal Initiate - HOPEFULLY NOT JEFF

Mortal Initiate job - the benefits are to die for

Death Cults that have Mortal Initiate positions filled gain access to three new Sacrifice Edicts that let them perform the ritual slaughter to the gods (or whatever force your empire’s pops believe in). They’re a bit fickle though, and the magnitude of the benefits varies, but the more blood that is shed, the more likely you are to get the better blessings.

Sacrifice: Togetherness - NOT JEFF

Sacrifice: Togetherness edict - let’s remember the good times we had together

Sacrifice: Harmony - NOT JEFF

Sacrifice: Harmony edict - you can finally get that corner desk and red stapler you wanted

Sacrifice: Bounty - NOT JEFF

Sacrifice: Bounty edict - it’s like voluntary purging that doesn’t get you yelled at by the Galactic Community

Sacrifice: Togetherness and Sacrifice: Harmony each have a base cost of 50 influence, Sacrifice: Bounty costs a base of 100 influence. These are, as usual, modified by things that affect Edict costs (such as the Spiritualist modifier).

When the Sacrifice is made, the Death Priests will inform you as to how it was received by the divine.

Sacrifice Event - NOT JEFF

Sacrifice: Harmony - should have built more Sacrificial Temples, these are rookie numbers

Despite being societies revolving around ritual murder (and the Sunset Invasion joke), the theme of these civics is intended to be one of voluntary sacrifice, where the sacrifices are appreciated and honored. As such, it is not open to Fanatic Purifiers, who would probably have a more... uh... aggressive policy.

I know last week I said that we would try to take a glimpse into life in the Mishar Cabal, but they spaced the journalist sent to interview them after they "saw too much". We'll see what we can share about them soon.

Next week we’ll reveal what’s hidden under the blurred text in the Death Cult civic and maybe even meet
JEFF

• 68Like
  • 39Love
  • 26Haha
Reactions:
Nice! Can never say no to a cheeky bit of ritual sacrifice in the pursuit of profit.

But seeing as you are looking at megacorps ... could the Trade value portion of the UI please get some love - its really not very user friendly right now.

On a slightly unrelated note - will the martial initiate pops award resources when killed, or is it moddable to make that possible?
I'm wondering if this would be a way to do other things like make a special "lithoid harvest" job, to just kill lithoid pops and award me with rare crystals.​

• 3Like
Reactions:
Seems interesting that thiy civic is mutually exclusive with Ancient Preservers which is iirc exclusive to the curators? Also now i want to know what the blurred prerequisite is.

Reactions:
I mean, Corporate Death Cult? Giving your life so that someone else gets profit?
Am I the only one unable to wrap my head around that? I mean, I can't even begin to imagine how would species like that think or feel. Seems to be kind of immersion-breaking...

• 19Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
The blurred text on the civic is interesting. What other types of requirements could apply here?

Ethics restrictions are defined in the list first, so it's obviously not a new ethic. It doesn't have the same format as the other civic restrictions (the yellow text is at the end of the sentence). From looking at existing restrictions, it fits the format of "Does NOT have Origin: <x>", so I'm guessing it's a new Origin.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean, Corporate Death Cult? Giving your life so that someone else gets profit?
Am I the only one unable to wrap my head around that? I mean, I can't even begin to imagine how would species like that think or feel. Seems to be kind of immersion-breaking...
Aren't the USA already an early version of this?

• 34Haha
  • 11Like
Reactions:
Some lovely themed content being pimped in last week's and this week's DD. Very nice stuff @Eladrin . I'm glad the team seem focused on some content expansion rather than feature overhauls or additions, and I say that as someone who pumps out free content, on a semi-regular basis.

edit - Please wrangle one of your 2D artists for some new building etc. icons though, rather than re-use current/deprecated assets. Those are always appreciated and really make new content shine.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Corporate Death Cult? Now I can finally make my employer, which has been working us all to death in the name of profits(and Sam Walton).

• 5Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions: