• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #156 - PDXCON

Hello everyone!

As we mentioned in our last dev diary, this week we will be talking about some of the cool things you can be expecting to see at PDXCON 2019!

Announcement show
What:
PDX will be announcing new titles and expansions. Stellaris will be featured.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 10:00 CEST
Where: PDXCON main stage or Twitch

Stellaris talk
What:
I will be holding a talk where I will be talking about future updates to Stellaris.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 18:00 CEST

Paradox Awards
What:
Paradox celebrates its community by recognizing outstanding achievements.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 20:00 CEST

Stellaris booth
What:
Play new content, meet the devs, talk to other fans
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 11:00 - 20:00 CEST
Where: At PDXCON

Stellaris meet-and-greet
What:
Meet the devs!
When: Sunday (Oct 20) 12:00 - 13:00 CEST
Where: Auditorium

Stellaris LAN
What:
When: Sunday (Oct 20) 10:00 - 14:30 CEST and 16:00 to 20:30 CEST

PDXCON is next week, and we hope we’ll be seeing some of you there! The next dev diary will be in two weeks, after PDXCON. Once our big announcements are out in the open, we will resume the weekly dev diaries.

Will it all be uploaded to YouTube right afterward? I try using Twitch when I can, but I always end up having to wait for YouTube because it sometines lags on our internet, I miss things, or what have you.

Once our big announcements are out in the open, we will resume the weekly dev diaries.

I don't know what about you guys, but for me this is the best part of today Dev Diary. Hope you get some fun and enjoy it, i will be here waiting for the great news and the weekly DD :)

Stellaris booth
What:
This sounds rather promising.
Playing new content, Stellaris?
I do like the sound of it, provided it is not meant new content for the console edition

A bit disappointed as I am hungry for updates, but given that all the updates will be given during PDXCon and (The most important update here) dev diaries are back to weekly schedule, I am super excited towards what you have to show us. Can't wait to hear about the future of one of my favorite games.

I have to say, It's quite disappointing to have a dev diary with nothing really talking about development. Combined with the bi-weekly current schedule, it means there is a month of nothing interesting.

Now, having the schedule posted here is very convenient, and if I didn't have plans I'd 100% be watching it live, but at least give us *something*. A blurred out screenshot, the image for a new technology, just a little tease so we don't feel abandoned.

Last edited:
I have to say, It's quite disappointing to have a dev diary with nothing really talking about development. Combined with the bi-weekly current schedule, it means there is a month of nothing interesting.

Now, having the schedule posted here is very convent, and if I didn't have plans I'd 100% be watching it live, but at least give us *something*. A blurred out screenshot, the image for a new technology, just a little tease so we don't feel abandoned.

They did mention that the dev diaries are going weekly again. Also they mentioned that new content will be revealed in PDXCon. So this dev diary is basically a way of saying "expect a big dev diary on stage". While I agree with the disappointment I wouldn't say they abandoned anything. I actually respect the fact that they posted this dev diary. Not posting it and expecting everyone to follow PDXCon is a mistake.

Stellaris booth
What:
Um. Guys. The next DLC is already in a playable state. You're all busy being butthurt that the DLCs haven't restarted that you missed this line, right here.

I'm taking this away: 'Good things come to those who wait, and you won't be waiting much longer to see.'

It won't be enough for a lot of people, but I'm looking forward to see what's next.

Hello everyone!

As we mentioned in our last dev diary, this week we will be talking about some of the cool things you can be expecting to see at PDXCON 2019!

Announcement show
What:
PDX will be announcing new titles and expansions. Stellaris will be featured.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 10:00 CEST

Stellaris talk
What:
I will be holding a talk where I will be talking about future updates to Stellaris.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 18:00 CEST

Paradox Awards
What:
Paradox celebrates its community by recognizing outstanding achievements.
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 20:00 CEST

Stellaris booth
What:
When: Saturday (Oct 19) 11:00 - 20:00 CEST

Stellaris meet-and-greet
What:
Meet the devs!
When: Sunday (Oct 20) 12:00 - 13:00 CEST
Where: Auditorium

Stellaris LAN
What:
When: Sunday (Oct 20) 10:00 - 14:30 CEST and 16:00 to 20:30 CEST

PDXCON is next week, and we hope we’ll be seeing some of you there! The next dev diary will be in two weeks, after PDXCON. Once our big announcements are out in the open, we will resume the weekly dev diaries.

Sounds great!

But what do the "Disagrees" mean? How can someone disagree with an information?
Do people on the forum know more about the PDXCON than the Devs? And if yes, why do they not share their information with us?

I am generally curious as to what the people think that pressed "Disagree".

And can some link me to a guide about what Agree/Disagree means? On other threads I have seen questions marked with "disagree", which left me quite confused.

I am generally curious as to what the people think that pressed "Disagree".
I'm guessing they expected a dev diary, not an announcement. I was too, if we're being honest, but it sounds like PDXcon may be meaty enough to make up for it

As for people asking questions, I'm not sure.

They did mention that the dev diaries are going weekly again. Also they mentioned that new content will be revealed in PDXCon. So this dev diary is basically a way of saying "expect a big dev diary on stage". While I agree with the disappointment I wouldn't say they abandoned anything. I actually respect the fact that they posted this dev diary. Not posting it and expecting everyone to follow PDXCon is a mistake.

Weekly dev diaries are going to start up again.... after PDXCon. In two weeks. PDXCon itself is in a week and a half-ish, so we sort of get two "dev diaries" that week (although I suspect that weeks diary will mainly just be covering and restating what was covered at PDXCon, with perhaps a few extra details).

As for the abandonment, this is a significant drop in the engagement of the community with the development process. While it is temporary, it's also disappointing, and I'm making my disappointment known.

I do appreciate the schedule being part of this dev diary, what I dislike is that it is the ONLY part of the dev diary. If was the Thursday directly before PDXCon, I wouldn't mind, but combined with the bi-weekly schedule, it feels like a cop out. Now, if they were too busy to spare the time to write up something, that's also fine, but say as much.