• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Console Dev Diary #23 - Diplomatic Stances and Envoys

Hello Console Edition Fans!

We’re here again this week to talk about some of the diplomacy improvements included in the upcoming free update to Stellaris: Console Edition. While we don’t have a release date to share for this update, keep your eyes open. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or join the Discord to be sure you don’t miss the news!

It’s important to note that these screenshots were all taken on an early version of the Stellaris: Console Edition update, and may change between when the screenshots were taken and when the update releases.

Envoys

Envoys are one of the more important free changes included in the free update. Envoys represent diplomats that your empire can send on various assignments to improve (or harm) diplomatic opinion. Envoys are assigned to a task (improve relations, harm relations, or other things we will discuss in a later dev diary) for a minimum of 360 days.

Envoys are automatically recruited for your Empire, and should one of them die, they will be replaced with another Envoy.

1 - improve relations.png

Every empire is guaranteed to get at least one envoy, and it is possible to increase the number of Envoys through Ethics, Civics, and Traditions.

2 - harm relations.png

Sending an Envoy to improve or harm relations is also now required for most diplomatic actions, except in the case where the Empires have excellent opinions of one another.

Envoys are, by design, meant to be a limited resource and add strategic choice to diplomacy. Do you choose to improve relations with hostile neighbors, or invest in improving your allies' opinion of your empire? Envoys can also be assigned to the Galactic Community and Federations -- but more on that in a later dev diary.

Diplomatic Stances

Diplomatic Stances are a new policy setting that allows you to set how your empire views other empires. Each stance has bonuses and maluses and can affect how other empires view your empire.

3 - expansionist.png

Expansionist

• Outpost Build Cost -10%
  • Colony Development Speed +15%
  • Border Friction +100%

Belligerent
  • War Exhaustion Gain -10%
  • Naval Capacity +10%
  • Claim Influence Cost -10%
  • Envoys Improving Relations cost .25 influence a month
4 - belligerent.png

Cooperative

• Diplomatic Weight +25%
  • Envoy Improve Relations +50%
  • Border Friction -50%
  • Envoys Harming Relations cost .25 influence a month
5 - cooperative.png

Isolationist

• Administrative Capacity +15%
  • Monthly Unity +10%
  • Diplomatic Weight -50%
  • Diplomatic Influence Cost +100%
  • Governing Ethics Attraction +25%
  • Border Friction +200%
  • Envoys Improving & Harming Relations Cost .25 influence a month

6 - isolationist.png

Supremacist
  • Unlocked by completing the Supremacy tradition tree
  • Harms relations with all other empires
  • Relaxed restrictions to Declaring rival/Being declared a rival
  • Diplomatic Weight from Fleet Power +100%
  • War Exhaustion Gain -20%
  • Naval Capacity +20%
  • Claim Influence Cost -10%

7 - supremacist.png

The Diplomatic Stances are each designed to play quite differently, as well as facilitate different playstyles and allow further customization of your Empire.

That’s it for this week! We won’t have a dev diary next Friday, however, we will have one the following Monday (March 15th). Also, don’t forget to watch the new Paradox Insider on March 13th at 8.00 PM CET. ;)

Attachments

• 5 - cooperative.png
    5 - cooperative.png
    97,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Ah but, ok, don't give me too many spoilers but are they just a different type of Precursor or do they actually have some unique events and quests and motivations tied to them? Or are they just going to look cool like the Ancient Caretakers?
Hang on, when you say precursor, you don't mean Fallen Empires do you? I'm an idiot.

Alright, are those events any good, or are they just the same as the rest of them? Do the events actually have some cool consequences or something to them besides just getting a planet? Not that I habe anything against getting an Arcology world when there's only one source for it as a DS

Ah but, ok, don't give me too many spoilers but are they just a different type of Precursor or do they actually have some unique events and quests and motivations tied to them? Or are they just going to look cool like the Ancient Caretakers?
These two are done by digsites, and are pretty cool. The Zroni are the oldest precursor, and the Grunur reward is quite cool.

These two are done by digsites, and are pretty cool. The Zroni are the oldest precursor, and the Grunur reward is quite cool.
Mm, that could be cool, probably will be, at least for a while. Personally I want more events and variety and character to the Fallen Empires. Do the Ancient Caretakers ever do anything besides offer your species a 1 off upgrade which has a 50% to have a negative effect?

Mm, that could be cool, probably will be, at least for a while. Personally I want more events and variety and character to the Fallen Empires. Do the Ancient Caretakers ever do anything besides offer your species a 1 off upgrade which has a 50% to have a negative effect?
Depends if you get The Contingency.

Well if you get the Contingency, two possible outcomes can arise. Not gonna spoil them, unless you want me to.

As I understand it, the Federations DLC allows access to create more types of Federations (beyond the default Galactic Union), like Trade League, Hegemony etc:
You should pay me for copying my post, word for word: :D