• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Release! | Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone

Now Live!

Patch Notes Here!

The future of war hangs in the balance. Take to the skies and pen the annals of history in the latest expansion for Hearts of Iron IV - By Blood Alone

Buy it here!

If you missed any of our Developer Diaries or By Blood Alone Tutorials, then check this list down below!

Developer Diaries
16Art & AchievementsNew art and achievements for By Blood Alone
15TechUpdated OS requirements and performance improvements of Avalanche
14ModdingOverhauled Career Profile with Playthrough Overviews and (moddable!) in-game Awards
13Quality of Life ImprovementsChanges to war support, piercing, AI tank strategy, and more
12Peace Conference RoundupOverview of the new peace conference system, including UI and new demand types
11Division Commanders & Unit MedalsNew field officers and awardable medals for divisions.
10Plane DesignerA look at the new plane designer.
9Ethiopia #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
8Switzerland #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Swiss focus tree.
7Italy #2A look at the alternate history branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
6Ethiopia #1A look at the common and historical branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
5Switzerland #1A look at the historical branch of the new Swiss focus tree.
4Italy #1A look at the common and historical branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
3Designer Corner: Naval RebalanceGoals and implementation plans for naval rebalance.
2Designer Corner: Air ChangesOpen discussion for changes to Air management and combat.
1Designer Corner: Peace ConferenceOpen discussion for changes to peace conferences.

By Blood Alone Tutorials
4Naval Changes & Balance of PowerJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the changes to the naval system and about the upcoming Balance of Power mechanic.
3Divisional CommandJoin Andrew Channel as they explain the new Divisional Command features coming with By Blood Alone!
2Air ChangesJoin Andrew Channel as they guide you through the changes to the air game coming with By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update!
1Peace ConferencesJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the coming changes to Peace Conferences for By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update.

Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png

Attachments

• Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png
    Steam Store Discord Invite (1).png
    95,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 14Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Why is the the Sultanate of Aussa not shown on the playable country list? It has its own focus tree you know. HoI4 is getting more and more inconsistent for every expansion :rolleyes:
Udklip.JPG

Reactions:

Now Live!

Patch Notes Here!

The future of war hangs in the balance. Take to the skies and pen the annals of history in the latest expansion for Hearts of Iron IV - By Blood Alone

Buy it here!

If you missed any of our Developer Diaries or By Blood Alone Tutorials, then check this list down below!

Developer Diaries
16Art & AchievementsNew art and achievements for By Blood Alone
15TechUpdated OS requirements and performance improvements of Avalanche
14ModdingOverhauled Career Profile with Playthrough Overviews and (moddable!) in-game Awards
13Quality of Life ImprovementsChanges to war support, piercing, AI tank strategy, and more
12Peace Conference RoundupOverview of the new peace conference system, including UI and new demand types
11Division Commanders & Unit MedalsNew field officers and awardable medals for divisions.
10Plane DesignerA look at the new plane designer.
9Ethiopia #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
8Switzerland #2A look at the alternate history branches of the new Swiss focus tree.
7Italy #2A look at the alternate history branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
6Ethiopia #1A look at the common and historical branches of the new Ethiopian focus tree.
5Switzerland #1A look at the historical branch of the new Swiss focus tree.
4Italy #1A look at the common and historical branches of the updated Italian focus tree.
3Designer Corner: Naval RebalanceGoals and implementation plans for naval rebalance.
2Designer Corner: Air ChangesOpen discussion for changes to Air management and combat.
1Designer Corner: Peace ConferenceOpen discussion for changes to peace conferences.

By Blood Alone Tutorials
4Naval Changes & Balance of PowerJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the changes to the naval system and about the upcoming Balance of Power mechanic.
3Divisional CommandJoin Andrew Channel as they explain the new Divisional Command features coming with By Blood Alone!
2Air ChangesJoin Andrew Channel as they guide you through the changes to the air game coming with By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update!
1Peace ConferencesJoin Andrew Channel as they educate you on the coming changes to Peace Conferences for By Blood Alone and the Avalanche update.

Crashes on launch. again and again and again. But somehow reporting it (via MSFT thing) fails. No mods.

1664314598631.png

worked just fine a few hours ago before update.

Running DX12. If I click the DX9 option in launcher, the game still crashes. Do I need to downgrade my DirectX? It is, to put it mildly, disappointing.

Update: Full reinstall of the game. Still crashed.

Final (hopefully) update: selecting the "OpenGL" option (whatever that is) in the launcher worked so far, in that the game hasn't crashed on launch.

Last edited:
Anyone having an issue where the game seems to load up ok, but the display is very dark? I have reloaded and reinstalled the game but no change. Everything was working fine until the update.

Hello! I have checked the new airplane building system and i am disappointed. I would like to play with planes what was in the old version. It hurts my eyes when i see interwar small airframe... They had a name before. Is it possible to combine the old with the new systzem?
When you finished a new airframe and you got some basic plane as . For example when you research basic small airframe with Hungary, then you will get a Fighter template (Ezüst Nyíl) and CAS (WM-21 Sólyom). They should have some equipment like an engine and something class specific and the players could modify after.
Regards, Zoltan.

One thing that irks me a little is that Vittorio Emmanuele gets bonus traits for being the king of Albania and Ethiopia, but these don't get transferred if you retire him for his son Umberto even though you still control Albania and Ethiopia.

South Tyrol isn't correctly portrayed as an occupied territory affected by resistance but instead as core state despite the vast majority German population, the famous South Tyrolian resistance and Greater German stance of the population...
You're doing this for the other italian colonies, most notably Zadar/Zara despite more than 70% of the population being italian, why not this one??

It's not even shown in the occupied territories tab as releasable.
And neither Austria nor Germany have it even as their own core.
This is just laughable

Reactions:
Anyone having an issue where the game seems to load up ok, but the display is very dark? I have reloaded and reinstalled the game but no change. Everything was working fine until the update.
I have the same problem as you but I can't solve it unfortunately ...
Before the update everything was fine

I have the same problem as you but I can't solve it unfortunately ...
Before the update everything was fine

Try to revert to DX9.

See here:

Edit:
And here:

Reactions: