• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Holiday Dev Diary Part 1 - Surprise Patch Included!

Happy Holidays to all of our Cities: Skylines fans!
You'll notice a small patch headed your way, and it's our way of thanking you for all your support!

So what does this surprise patch include?

Holiday-update-horizontal-1.jpg

Take a seat and we'll share with you all the goodies that Colossal Order and Paradox Interactive have put together for you! Otherwise, if you like long lists of patch notes and bug fixes, you can view the full patch notes on Steam

First, we'll hear from @co_emmi and @co_martsu from Colossal Order:

Carols, Candles and Candy... but Now With New Songs!

Last year we gave you Carols, Candles and Candy DLC for free so this year we thought to keep up with it, so we decided to add more songs to the DLC in order to lift the holiday spirits to a new level! On top of the songs from last Christmas all the new songs (A New Day, Let It Snow and Yonder Star) from artist Stills will play randomly across all the existing radio stations during the December, so go get it for free on Steam!

If you've already downloaded Carols, Candles and Candy DLC on Steam, you're all good to go! Auto update. Easy as can be. If you haven't, here's the link!

Just click HERE

upload_2018-12-13_15-44-32.png

Winter Festival Market

Our talented artists have also been hard at work and from that a brand new Unique Building has spawned! The Winter Market aims to bring the joy of Christmas to you and your citizens, and best of all it's here to stay. The Winter Market is available all year round! So if you find yourself in the middle of a summer longing for a Christmas mood just open the Unique Buildings Construction menu and plop down the Winter Market and maybe put on your favorite ugly Christmas sweater.

New Maps

As a special treat for everyone who owns the Snowfall expansion we've made two new maps! Winter Hills and Frozenshire will now be available in New Game panel for all who already own Snowfall expansion or will buy the Snowfall expansion in the future! Just as with other expansions this will bring the total amount of maps available for Snowfall DLC to 5.

Hopefully you'll find the maps to your liking as we are waiting to see what kind of skylines you'll be able to make in your winter cities!

Paradox Account

On top of those features mentioned previously we've added Paradox Account Linking. Just like before when you log in with your Paradox Account you are given the Paradox Plaza in-game, but now you can also link your Paradox Account with your Steam account!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

We like to thank our amazing community for being super awesome, helpful and collaborative, thanks to you all we've been able to more easily identify issues in the game and as a result we have been working hard on those issues and we will also keep on working! So please keep on reporting any issues you find to the forums and as best of our abilities we will take a look at them.

To see all the many bug fixes we made, go see our Patch Notes post on Steam!

Oh, by the way...you wouldn't think we would forget Chirper did you?

This Christmas the Chirper is rocking the holiday season with a green Christmas hat and elf ears! Thanks for a great year of 2018, we are eagerly looking forward to next year already!

- On behalf of us all from Colossal Order, stay safe, Happy Holidays and a Glorious New Year!

upload_2018-12-13_15-48-12.png

And now a little teaser of Part 2 Dev Diary, which we'll release tomorrow!

How is the Music Made? Music Dev Diary Time - LIVE NOW
Ever wonder how the music is made for Cities: Skylines? How do we start with an idea - this time the idea coming from YOU - and turn that into a song worthy of your Cims radio stations?

Well, we'll tell you tomorrow in our two-part Dev Diary. See you soon!

Attachments

• Holiday-update-horizontal-1.jpg
    Holiday-update-horizontal-1.jpg
    688,4 KB · Views: 290
  • Holiday-update-horizontal-2.jpg
    Holiday-update-horizontal-2.jpg
    685,9 KB · Views: 266
Merry Christmas, guys!
Thank you for the great games!

I already own the DLC, so what do I need to receive this new update? Do I have to download it or it'll just auto-update automatically without doing anything? Also love the new Unique Building, reminds me of several town plazas here in the Philippines during the Christmas season. A must-have for my Philippine cities for the holiday. :)

I was just thinking that Surviving Mars would do a Christmas patch... that was really close!

SURPRISE!!! Your game doesn't work anymore :D :D :D

Which is why i play vanilla only for now.

Could someone share patch notes, or at least let us know if transport issue has been fixed?

For anyone looking for the "Winter Festival Market", it is in the "Unique Buildings/Landmarks" section. I was looking in the "Unique Buildings/Winter Unique Buildings" section, and then the "Unique Buildings/Tourism & Leisure" section (as there are 2 winter UBs there).

so what do I need to receive this new update

It will auto-update for you! So you're all good to go

Patch Notes are up on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/allnews/

I thought it might be easier to keep Patch Notes on Steam and Dev Diaries on the Forums (so as not to overstuff this message), but I'm open to posting them here if that's preferred by all of you =)

It will auto-update for you! So you're all good to go

Patch Notes are up on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/allnews/

I thought it might be easier to keep Patch Notes on Steam and Dev Diaries on the Forums (so as not to overstuff this message), but I'm open to posting them here if that's preferred by all of you =)

My preference would be to see the patch notes on the forum. Could be a separate post if you don't want to clutter up the announcement.