HoI4 Dev Diary - Poland Focus Tree Rework Part 2/2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Let me get this straight: for the Carlist to come out on top, they need to uprise against and defeat the Falange, and right after they do that, they are going to join the Falangist International?
No, the Falangist International will invite any of the right-wing Spains who win; Carlist, Falangist, or Franco's Spain.
All good but the off map nuclear reactor. IDK what are the capabilities of the engine, but maybe gain plutonium(%) from an ally? At the cost of PP.
It's Schrodinger's nuclear reactor.
For the exile government perhaps there could be a decision/focus that allows the raising of the 1st Polish Parachute brigade and 1st Polish Armoured division?
You get a bonus to your special forces cap. I wanted to give you the ability to build your own special divisions instead of being railroaded into making the historical ones.
I really love your ideas <3 Hope Paradox is taking some notes, but I would seperate Polish-Japanese alliance from collaborating with Reich. As I said earlier it could be interesting path in itself :)
There's a lot of interesting paths I wish I could've done, but the tree is already pretty huge compared to what we usually do and we only have so much time to implement and test everything. A Polish-Japanese alliance for smashing the USSR would have been fun, but it would have required a bunch of extra work and there's only so much time. If you're in multiplayer, there's nothing stopping you from joining the Co-Prosperity Sphere or inviting Japan to the Intermarrium though.
Can i have a little suggestion about one of the the focus names, "Niech żyje opór" just doesn't sound right for the Polish focus about resistance, is there any possibility to change this name for "W imieniu Polski Podziemnej..."
I'll make a note to change it, thank you for the suggestion!
Without concessions?

Doesn't that invalidate Imperial Germanys "Danzig for Guarantees" national focus?
No, Germany gets an event where they can respond "Yes, no, or yes but only if you gib Danzig" the AI will usually just say yes or no, but the player can ask for Danzig if they want to.

• 17Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
I am back from getting ice cream. It was delicious. I will answer a few more questions before I go make dinner, so if you have any questions I haven't acknowledged already, now's the time :)

• 14Love
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I suggest making the Plan East & Plan West branch a bit more vertical (similar to Dutch War on Pacifism branch) to save some space in the focus tree.
We're looking at adjusting Plan East & West right now, because yeah I agree it's a bit of a cluster.

• 21Like
Reactions:
Im really happy seeing that Meka66 thanked us for the feedback, it means a lot to see that as a community we actually have a say in what is actually happening, this guy is already my favorite Dev Diary writer just because of the humour and recognizing when the community doesn't necessarily agree with something, cheers.
Comments like this genuinely make our day <3
Something I would also like to chime in about is that, like most other trees that exist in-game, democratic routes are getting the short end of the stick in terms of interesting choices and content.

A few areas to consider for making the democratic routes more than just a formality that few bother to play:

Simply put, going the route of Morges or any other democratic ideology that he is compatible with could feature a branch that allows Poland to rapidly switch over a mobile warfare doctrine (some 300%x bonuses), helping to catch up to developments in tactics and organization made by other countries.

-----------------------------
--------------------

All of these are just a bunch of small things that could be quickly added with a few focuses for the sake of gameplay variety.
Some pretty interesting suggestions, thank you! We're unlikely to be able to implement most of this as Poland is currently moving out of the implementation phase, but some things can be adjusted in polish (no pun intended).
What kind of ice cream? :)
Mango sorbet and blueberry icecream. The mango was pretty good, blueberry was alright. Overall, Stockholm ice cream is acceptable.

• 15Love
  • 13Like
Reactions:
One thing that is lacking in this rework is Polish, they have no benefits when it comes to deciphering enemy intelligence since their scientists helped to decipher the German enigma machine.
They have access to Marian Rejewski who gives you extra decryption strength.

• 15Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
So let me get this straight here. You guys in the formulation of a Poland rework have constructed a scenario where Poland..... has more of a chance acquiring a nuclear arsenal..... then the Warsaw uprising occurring.... in a supposed WW2 game and you don't see any issue behind that?
AI Poland is deeply unlikely to make a nuke. Realistically, you'll get the technology in 45 then you'll maybe have one by 46 and by then the war is over.
As Germany and USSR can benefit from Danzig and Peasant uprisings respectively, will either of those nations have a way to influence Poland?
They'll tend to send volunteers; the USSR to the peasants, but Germany will stay neutral most of the time. They just want to weaken Poland, they don't care which side wins.

• 19Like
Reactions:
Apart from the general portraits - everything looks good. The portraits guys, are really poor, especially the uniforms. They aren't the right colours and my eyes are bleeding. Also, why is Pilecki a selectible general? He was only a capitain - dispite everything he did.
We'll be taking a look at the colors, but the ranks in the game are not real world ranks. We often need to take liberties here to map stuff to the game

• 21Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 17Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: