• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - PdxCon & Moving Madness!

Hi everyone! Today will be a short dev diary because we are preparing for PdxCon and also moving office at the same time. Its not chaotic at all :D

PdxCon this year is in Berlin, and there is going to be lots of cool reveals, beers and pretzels! We will be announcing our expansion (the trailer is <3 guys) and talk about most of the details in it. Here are some of the HOI highlights:
  • The big Announcement Show starting at 10am CEST over at twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive
  • I do a talk on HOI, HOI community, expansion and the future
  • We have a both with a new challenge (so make sure you have done 30 minutes of Hel) because the winners record this year on the new one will be a new achivement :)
  • @Bratyn and @Archangel85 are holding a talk about content design and focus trees
  • We have a competitive HOI4 MP stream with streamers and devs on Sunday the 20th at 5pm CEST - (twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive)
  • Most importantly you get to hang out with us and look at cool paradox stuff. The other games have a lot of cool things to announce also.. :)
A lot of this will be streamed as well if you cant make it to Berlin :)

upload_2019-10-16_12-30-19.png

Probably last day I get to say hi to the old office sign!

We are also moving offices. The company is always growing and me being an old hand feel like we move about every year ;D but I guess it has been a few years now since the last move ;) This means we will have proper space to work (its super cramped at the moment), and more importantly.. more space to play boardgames ;)

This is currently what most peoples desks look like:
upload_2019-10-16_12-31-48.png

Next week I will do a diary to talk a bit about PdxCon and summarize all the new announcements and stuff for those that couldn't be there and after that we will dig into the details of the announced features. We wont have a stream next week because the studio wont be ready, but we plan to start those up soon so we can show you guys what we have been working on. Look forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where have they ever said they will be reworking peace conferences?

It's on the official dev to-do list. Check Man the Guns' last dev diary on the HOI4 wiki.

I wish it would do a Kaiserreich Alt thing (maybe identical) and a WW 1 thing, and maybe Napolean things.., you get my drift. I play KR all the time. The WW 1 mod and the Nappy mods, not so much. If any of these mods were given the 'Paradox factory treatment'.., they would be awesome. So if possible, stop adding on new stuff (like, no more Navy and fuel stuff, I can't keep up), and expand into other times.., and alt stuff. The HOI 4 system is awesome.., please spread it over stuff like the modders do.

Cheers for the DD Podcat and best of luck to you and the rest of the team for the move and hope you all have a blast at PDXCon :D.

A lot of this will be streamed as well if you cant make it to Berlin :)

Many thanks from a long way away :)

I do a talk on HOI, HOI community, expansion and the future

@Bratyn and @Archangel85 are holding a talk about content design and focus trees

Looking forward to them both (assuming streamed, if not hearing about in DDs :))

Twilight Struggle?
Something Cold War confirmed :p

Waterloo? Victoria 3 1815 start date confirmed!

Not bad guesses, but with that Waterloo box it's beyond a doubt it's actually.......

March of the Eagles 2 :D

For a PDXCon naval pic today, here's one of the U-boat bunker Lager Koralle, a little away from Berlin. If PDX ever won the lottery they could buy it out, refurbish it and turn it into a super-duper LAN party location!

Bunker+Lager+Koralle+German+U-boat+Central+Command+HQ+P1200001.JPG

It actually looks like quite an interesting place, although abandoned and unsafe, so I don't recommend visiting, at the very least unless with company and experienced with these kind of sites. Interesting read in the link below though.

https://www.abandonedberlin.com/2013/05/submarine-bunker-lager-koralle-u-boat-hq.html

Cheers for the DD Podcat and best of luck to you and the rest of the team for the move and hope you all have a blast at PDXCon :D.

Many thanks from a long way away :)

Looking forward to them both (assuming streamed, if not hearing about in DDs :))

Not bad guesses, but with that Waterloo box it's beyond a doubt it's actually.......

March of the Eagles 2 :D

For a PDXCon naval pic today, here's one of the U-boat bunker Lager Koralle, a little away from Berlin. If PDX ever won the lottery they could buy it out, refurbish it and turn it into a super-duper LAN party location!

Bunker+Lager+Koralle+German+U-boat+Central+Command+HQ+P1200001.JPG

It actually looks like quite an interesting place, although abandoned and unsafe, so I don't recommend visiting, at the very least unless with company and experienced with these kind of sites. Interesting read in the link below though.

https://www.abandonedberlin.com/2013/05/submarine-bunker-lager-koralle-u-boat-hq.html

Mobile reception would suck though.

That Porg from Star Wars are too cute to deny. They are just as a satisifying as clean borders after the end of the war in HOI4.

Mobile reception would suck though.

Aye, according to the article, none at all, but I figure there'd be a way of installing something to get the job done - they'd need to do a stack of work for it to be anywhere practical, it was one of those "if PDX had a few spare millions and their shareholders were all drunk at the 'vote how we spend our money' meeting, maybe it'd get up" :).