• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HOI4 Dev Diary - Back from summer!

Hi everyone! The whole team is now back from vacation so its time to kick off dev diaries again!

At the moment we are all working on an unannounced expansion and the 1.8 Husky Update and work is progressing well, so we can start sharing some of it with you guys and gals again. The expansion will remain unannounced until PDXCon so look forward to that. Or better yet, come join us for fun, reveals and gaming in Berlin.

Just because we can’t give the full overview yet doesn’t mean we can’t start revealing stuff in true Paradox tradition, so next week we will be taking a look at France which is getting a full revamp. We are going to be doing our focus trees a bit differently this time around, so expect new nations to get covered in two diaries rather than a single one to better match their scope and structure.

I don't have a lot for today, and spent all my vacation moving and not going to any cool WW2 places, so I will end this diary with a cool WW2 related vacation pic from @Bratyn. Bonus points if you can spot where its from :)

20190808_120141.jpg

See you all next week for something a lot more meaty!

I don't have a lot for today, and spent all my vacation moving and not going to any cool WW2 places, so I will end this diary with a cool WW2 related vacation pic from @Bratyn. Bonus points if you can spot where its from :)
Vemork is a ww2 place since it was visited by the British commandos! :)

France rework means Italy rework. A general rule is 2 Majors to be reworked per DLC.
Which means USSR will be reworked after a year, which in turn means we'll still have band-aid solutions to collapsing SOV-GER front and AI's inability to deal with pretty much anything.
Well, unless we;ll get another Iceland DLC after Husky.

USSR is in need of some urgent love.
I would bet money the next expansion is USSR related.

This expansion will not be USSR. Soviet deserves a expansion pretty much for itself and fits better with some mechanic stuff I got planned for the future rather than now. I felt it was good to get this out of the way early because I know a lot of people wanna see Soviet stuff.

This expansion will not be USSR. Soviet deserves a expansion pretty much for itself and fits better with some mechanic stuff I got planned for the future rather than now. I felt it was good to get this out of the way early because I know a lot of people wanna see Soviet stuff.

Sad, but understandable.

But this being said, if France is a focus in the new expansion I wonder what it's theme is going to be? Considering both Czechosovakia and Romania have a focus tree, it's not gonna be a little Entente theme.

Maybe Franco-Iberia? With France, Spain and Portugal getting trees?

Ugh, I want to know it now!

Taking that bet could have been some easy money for us, but nooooooo...

Ah well, my interest and elation at seeing this DD has died out now. Greatest part of the ww2 was German-Soviet war which is completely broken at this stage and I will have to wait another year and probably more for it now. :(

Ah well, my interest and elation at seeing this DD has died out now. Greatest part of the ww2 was German-Soviet war which is completely broken at this stage and I will have to wait another year and probably more for it now. :(

I would say it is important to do that war correctly. Dedicating expansion to USSR and mechanics tied to it that would be needed for such rework = higher chance that said war rework will be done right.