It's the spookiest time of year, and we are excited to bring you a free in-game event on Steam and Epic that includes Halloween themed decorations and buildings. This also includes a free patch of some gameplay fixes, such as improvement to the day and night meter to display when night starts and ends, as well as some graphics and balance adjustments like increased fiber production in the fields. What better way to prepare for the moon shattering DLC Shattered Hope that comes out the week after?
The event visuals will include:
- Halloween themed hats and masks for colonists.
- Two new decoration "buildings":
- A Scarecrow
- A Cauldron full of nuclear liquids
- Buildings with lights will change their appearance with more Halloween themed lights:
- Regular lights/lanterns in buildings in the game will now turn into Halloween themed lanterns, such as jack-o'-lanterns
- Halloween Decorative lamps
Change notes - "Halloween patch"
- Added Halloween content to the game. Spooky! The Halloween content is turned on automatically on the 24th of October and turned off on the 7th of November. The content can also be toggled on or off in the settings.
- Added Goo Cauldron and Scarecrow decorations that can be unlocked by Prestige.
- Torch, Lantern and all Street Light decorations change to more Halloween themed lights.
- Added jack o'lanterns and other halloween props to colony buildings.
- Added halloween themed hats for colonists.
- Added six new events. These should improve the early game event variation so that the same events don’t happen that often.
- Improved the way that queued movement works when sending specialists to combat in the World Map. Specialists should no longer get stuck on each other when pathing to a location.
- Added a tooltip for repair tool that displays the amount of resources required to repair a building.
- Added a tooltip for demolish tool that displays the amount of resources gained when demolishing a building.
- Improved the day and night meter to display when night starts and ends.
- Notifications display hours instead of days when there’s less than a day remaining. Previously notifications had texts such as “0 days remaining” and that is now displayed in hours.
- Changed the way that quick tool can be accessed on a controller. Quick tool now has a single button that activates it and then it’s possible to change between repair/demolish/overtime mode with another button.
- Destroyed buildings can now be removed with the demolish tool.
- Fixed an issue that caused pause and demolish hotkeys to be usable on construction zones that had those functionalities disabled e.g. Campsite could be paused during the intro and would cause a softlock.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when saving and loading the game just as colony combat was about to finish.
- Fixed an issue that caused disasters to disappear after saving and loading a game while the disaster was ongoing.
- Added four new child portraits and seven new female portraits for colonists.
- Updated textures for over 30 buildings.
- Added DLC icons to save game menu that displays which DLCs are enabled in the save.
- Added a tooltip to main menu DLC buttons that displays if the DLC requires a new game to be active.
- Added a popup to save game menu that informs if activated DLCs cannot be applied to a save that is being loaded.
- Reduced the fiber cost of Basic Clothing.
- Slightly lowered the protection value of Basic Clothing.
- Very slightly lowered the protection value of Sturdy Clothing.
- Increased fiber production in Fields.
- Changed the way that scaling works for catastrophes. The goal is to make all catastrophes scale better with game difficulty. Previously catastrophes had the same “effective phase” that affected conditions, damage and other factors.