• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone. Today we’ll continue talking about subject interactions for Common Sense.

First of all. You can now always change the name and adjective of your colonial nation with a modify action on the subject screen.

Placate Local Ruler & Embargo Rivals, which we talked about last week, can of course also be done on protectorates and colonial nations.

Send Officers
This is a toggle that can be turned on/off on protectorates. When on, the overlord will pay an additional 33% of that nations land maintenance costs. However, their Liberty Desire is reduced by 10% as long as its on, and they get +20% Land Morale and +5% Discipline.

Divert Trade
This is another toggle on protectorates. While its on, you get 100% of their tradepower, but their Liberty Desire is increased by 30%.

Seize Territory
As you can’t integrate protectorates, but sometimes need some territory from them, you can now seize provinces from them. However, you need to have positive relation with them, and their liberty desire need to be below 50. The province you take have to be within coring range, and taking it will have severe impact on their desire to stay a protectorate.

Tariffs
Increase and Decrease Tariffs for Colonial Nations have been moved into this screen. Of course that is still accessible if you dont buy Common Sense.

Replace Governor
If a colonial nation is below 50% Liberty Desire, you can attempt to replace the governor up to once a year, but it will increase Liberty Desire slightly.

Start Colonial War
Now, you can always demand that your colonial nation (if at peace, and not having a truce), start a colonial war against someone they have a casus belli upon. Colonial Nations now also get casus bellis on all adjacent primitives.

Promote Investments
Trade companies have a toggle now, where you can increase the tradepower by 50%, for a small ticking increase of inflation.

uqzH9co.jpg

Next week we’ll talk about new nations, new ideas and gameplay balance tweaks.

Here's a bonus screenshot of some possible Parliament issues for Great Britain..
N8dZFLY.jpg

This is another toggle on protectorates. While its on, you get 100% of their tradepower, but their Liberty Desire is increased by 30%.

wow that's pretty nice :V

Reactions:
Better and better... finally the protectorates will be something interesting and funny to interact with. I'll say what's obvious and has been said a lot of times: this expansion looks the best until now and I can't wait to lean my hands upon my mouse on the 9th.

Reactions:
Why are there Fort Icons with crowns in the first picture, but not in the second? At first I assumed that these were for Capital Fortifications, but shouldn't the HRE states get these too if that were the case?

Reactions:
Send Officers
This is a toggle that can be turned on/off on protectorates. When on, the overlord will pay an additional 33% of that nations land maintenance costs. However, their Liberty Desire is reduced by 10% as long as its on, and they get +20% Land Morale and +5% Discipline.

Could we use armies of protectorate now ?

I dont get all of this DD, but it seem good, new interactions is always good !

Reactions:
Seize Territory
As you can’t integrate protectorates, but sometimes need some territory from them, you can now seize provinces from them. However, you need to have positive relation with them, and their liberty desire need to be below 50. The province you take have to be within coring range, and taking it will have severe impact on their desire to stay a protectorate.
Yes I can finally do what Portugal did to everybody.

Reactions:
I am going to Colonial Conquest the Ducats out of these Natives now!

Reactions:
There are some strong parliament issues there.
Why are there Fort Icons with crowns in the first picture, but not in the second? At first I assumed that these were for Capital Fortifications, but shouldn't the HRE states get these too if that were the case?
Zoom level probably. You can see the regular capital crown poles in the second.

Reactions:
What if an OPM becomes a protectorate? Can we still seize its territory and effectively annex it completely? Will seizing give AE?

Reactions: