• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 27th of March 2018

rb.jpg

Good morning! It's Tuesday and probably 10am somewhere so let's have another EU4 Dev Diary. Today marks one week since the release of Rule Britannia along with the 1.25 England update. The whole team is delighted to see people playing and enjoying the content, in particular the popularity of England (Already one of the most played nations in the game) spiking sixfold.

So while we are very happy with how this release has gone this is no time to rest on our laurels. We have been hard at work digesting your various bug reports and feedback and fixing appropriately. Today I want to talk about our development plans going forward.

Firstly, we have not released any immediate hotfixes for 1.25. We put together a hotfix as soon as possible when we find massive issues, usually with stability (game crashing, consistent widespread out of syncs) which affect many people with high frequency. Thankfully we have not been receiving much report of these but there are still a number of issues which we do want to get fixed in a small patch which we are looking to have ready for you in the not too distant future.

Here is a list of some of the issues we are looking to get fixed up as a matter of urgency:

• Rare naval mission crashes in Random New World Games
  • AI pirating Rule Britannia and having access to Naval Doctrines when the player does not
  • Duplicating modifiers when loading multiple save games
  • Various Missions fixes a-la 20,000 development U-tsang
  • Religious icons offset
  • Luck of the Irish achievement not working for all Irish tags. (This won't be able to retroactively fix your save so if you want to go for the achievement with one of the newly added Irish tags, wait for this fix)
  • Cleves being nuts about converting heretics
  • Fixing that the English mission "Strategic Control" was sometimes impossible to complete.
  • Correct claims for Great Britain in decisions/nation formations/missions
  • Neverending AI wars
This is not an exhaustive list, but it's some of the more serious issues which we are looking to sort out in an upcoming 1.25.1 hotfix. Its deployment date is chalked up to be "soon", pending successful fixing, building and testing which all, much as we try to bend the fabric of reality, takes a bit of time. It's my hope that we can have the fix out to you in time for Easter though, so we can celebrate it, as is tradition, by staying indoors and playing games.

Beyond this though, lies our road forward. We shall start working on our next update for Europa Universalis IV. While we are very happy with how our Immersion pack has done, the next planned release is slated to be an expansion and accompanying update of the magnitude of Rights of Man, Mandate of Heaven or Cradle of Civilization. Dev diaries going forward will be talking about some changes and additions in the next release which will be quite some time away. We'll start with talking about one of the bigger changes in 1.26 next week if all goes to plan, so see you then!

Reactions:
Wat? How? Please report it in the bug report forum with a save and as much info you can on how it happens.
will do. good to hear that it wasn't reported yet, maybe it's not too often - although in my case, every hands-off run i've had since 1.25 saw daimyos converting to Catholicism before any contact could realistically be established with a Catholic nation.

I hope we get a big regional revamp again!

(Bulgaria, Danube principalities and Greece, anyone? Or India/Germany/Poland/Iberia for that matter)

Im 100% it's not gonna be a region specific dlc they will add several mechanics relevant to the entire world like in previous expansions but they will also add mechanic for already existing religions.
The key focus will definitely be centered around an already existing mechanic tho

Don't @ me

Great to see that a small bugfix patch is coming.
can u spoiler how many of those exploits will be fixed ?
Multiple mission reward with autoklicker
Tributary's of different overlords not being enemy overlord in DOW
Ghost custom nation iron man exploit
negative stats giving negative points for costomnations
allowing the same Idea multiple times for custom nations
dymios & in tribal federations with non dymios
Savescumming

if u can fix 5/7 im impressed

No word about which part of the game you are going to remove to sell it again in new immersion packs?

ROFL

2017: Third Rome
2020: Fourth Rome, new Orthodox mechanics and moar Russia flavor!!!11111

Meanwhile, Africa is like 60% wasteland lmao

It is WAD that your armies can sack your own cities :) And has been in since Cradle of Civilization.

Damn you Paris for allowing yourself to be so easily sieged! You have brought shame to our great nation. Therefore we must destroy it!

Working as designed.
The event is about an undisciplined army running amok and sacking the city against your will.

It seems odd that your army would want to sack and raze their own homes. In fact, one of the biggest motivatiors for soldiers was to protect their own homes from being razed. I can definitely understand mercenaries razing your own provinces due to some very notable historical examples such as the papal guard but find it odd that the citizens of that city would burn down their own home in hopes their general won’t be pissed off for razing his city.

I think with the missions, there is a potential to go down certain 'pathways' - that may potentially be mutually exclusive.

So with England, you have an event about Anglicanism - but potentially it's part of a bigger picture issue about how closely you align with the Pope. France stayed Catholic but moved to make the king the ultimate authority over the clergy (I think).

Anyway - missions relating to religion could give extra cardinals, papal influence etc. Donate to the pope, send legate and a few others can be criteria to go down this path.

It seems odd that your army would want to sack and raze their own homes. In fact, one of the biggest motivatiors for soldiers was to protect their own homes from being razed. I can definitely understand mercenaries razing your own provinces due to some very notable historical examples such as the papal guard but find it odd that the citizens of that city would burn down their own home in hopes their general won’t be pissed off for razing his city.
And how do you know that all people in your army are from Paris? What does the farmer from south France who has been conscripted and marched through the whole country care about Paris when he has the chance to come home with plunder worth more than what he would earn in a decade?
And why would someone from Paris say no to helping himself to some of the valuables of the cities upper class when he has the chance?

During most of EU4s timeframe plunder was part of the normal payment of ones troops and basically always happened when a city fell with a few exceptions where the general forbade it and was influential enough to enforce that.

Why is this more serious than colonizers not colonizing, leading to colonialism spawning much later than 1500?
Probably because it's easier to fix. The problem you're talking about is probably tied to several factors and fixing it could impact other area of the game.
It'll be fixed later once they're sure it won't break an other part of the AI