• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello all, and welcome to another development diary for Europa Universalis. Today we’ll focus on the further improvements to interacting with Subjects that the Rights of Man Expansion will give you.

First of all, we are adding three more military focuses for subjects to the two we added in Art of War.

Passive - This will make the subject stay with armies in their own territory, and defend there. This can be helpful if you want them to preserve their troops, and not interfere with your plans, or get caught.

Defensive - This is the focus you put on stronger vassals, that you want to protect the allied territory, so that you can focus on the offensive. This can be very helpful at dealing with rebels inside the realm, or to stop those pesky invaders sending stacks behind your main armies.

Siege - These subjects will use their armies to siege down hostile fortresses and not seek any battles.

With six different ways for subjects to behave in war’s, a decentralised realm with a solid amount of subjects can be a devastating power.
eu4_110.png

Secondly, as you can see in the screenshot, we added a new interface to the expansion, so you can quickly see the details on your subjects, how their economy is doing, and the other relevant stats. This helps us to see if we can build more fortifications in their territory, or if we need to subsidize their armies to kickstart their economy.

Finally, if you have money or power to spare, you can now spend them in building up your subjects. If you increase development in a subject you reduce the liberty desire. As you can see, the macro-builder now shows a little bit better information when it comes to making good decisions when developing.

eu4_109.png

Next week we’ll talk about four new minor features for Rights of Man.

Looks good! Hopefully the AI will also consistently listen to you if you give them the order. Right now sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.

Reactions:
Looks good. Any hope of getting the estates added to that development tab as well? So I don't spend 100 admin on improving the base tax in a province the nobles control?

Reactions:
Awesome, more subject interaction options is always welcome, as is ui improvements so you can sort out relevant info quickly. I just hope that the AI is good at developing their vassals too.

Reactions:
Will direct control of subject armies ever be considered? I remember one previous PDX game had a request control of subject/puppet armies diplomatic option. Couldn't this option be in EUIV as well, and like have it cost something, maybe increasing subjects liberty desire, because you're taking away their autonomy, or sth like that.

Reactions:
@Johan - Maybe add the estate icon in same manner the country icon is for subject, to notify if province is held by estate on the development macro builder?

Reactions:
Great additions
For the subject information, can you also add subject total development? (I wouldn't want to raise their development to realise that it goes over 100 and they get rebellious!)

Reactions:
Yay! More subject interaction! Shaping up to be the best DLC since AoW!

On the note of development, will the "Is A Subject" penalty still affect development costs on subjects if the overlord is performing the development? Because if so, I don't know if I will ever use that ability.

Reactions:
So, an Art of War owner will have these new 3 military focuses with their subjects even if he/she doesn't own RoM? A Rights of Man -but not AoW- owner will get also the ones you had with Aow?

Great changes. I really like having more options dealing with your subjects rather than diploannexing.

Reactions:
Hey Johan. How's your day been?

Reactions:
As you can see, you can develop provinces in Brabant, which is a PU of Burgundy. You can see the same for vassal Nevers. Hopefully it will also be the case for CN.

Don't think that was the question. I think the question was can you develop subjects of subjects. So, if England gets France in a PU and France establishes Louisiana, can England or Great Britain boost development in Louisiana?

Reactions:
Don't think that was the question. I think the question was can you develop subjects of subjects. So, if England gets France in a PU and France establishes Louisiana, can England or Great Britain boost development in Louisiana?
I see. I guess it will be tricky, but I don't see that happening. But who knows, it would be nice.

Adding goods on development screen!? I hope this means The Goods are finally getting some love for future expansions.

That is old. Is actually already in the game. Check development in 1.17.

Reactions: