• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 21st of August 2018

Good day all and welcome to this week's EUIV Dev Diary. Dharma is a hair over 2 weeks away and we are as excited if not more so than you for its release. Today We'll be looking at the twenty Achievements that will be part of the update.

First though, I have a couple more render shots to add of units from the accompanying Content Pack. These are also being update in the archive for all our unit packs.

Dharma_Render_02.png
Dharma_Render_04.png

Dharma_Render_03.png

The fancy unit models shown here, as well as the elephants, advisor portraits and music shown in last week's dev diary are all part of the Dharma Content Pack which will be released alongside Dharma at a recommended price point of $7.99.

Now for those achievements! While the focus in Dharma and the 1.26 Mughals update is obviously India, we still make a mixed bag of achievements for across the world. Let's get down to it!

achievement_populists_in_government.jpg

Populists in Government: Switch government type through government reforms.

achievement_ganges_khan.jpg

Ganges Khan: Start as Tribal nation in India and become a Steppe Horde

achievement_fine_financials.jpg

Fine Financials: Own 8 level 3 CoTs

achivement_sweet_home_qaraqorum.jpg

Sweet Home Qaraqorum: As the Mughals assimilate Mongolian culture

achievement_mewar_never_changes.jpg

Mewar Never Changes: Complete the Mewar Mission Tree

achievement_pheasant_strut.jpg

The Pheasant Strut - As Ghorka form Nepal and defeat Prussia with at least 100 000 prussian casualties in a war (both have to be primary targets of war)

achievement_cotton_kandy.jpg

Cotton Kandy - As Kandy be production leader of Cotton.

achievement_forgive_me_for_i_have_sind.jpg

Forgive me, for I have Sindh - Become Christian as Sindh

achievement_never_say_never.jpg

Never say Never - As Nevers, own the entire France region as core provinces

achievement_pirate_bay_of_janjira.jpg

Pirate Bay of Janjira - Have more than 50% Privateering power in Gujarat Node

achievement_sikh_pun.jpg

Sikh Pun: Change Religion to Sikh as Punjab

achievement_ostindisk_kompagni_te.jpg

Østindisk Kompagni Te: As Denmark establish Trade company and have at least 10% Tea market share

achievement_true_heir_of_timor.jpg

True Heir of Timor: Starting as a Timurid subject, form the Mughals and conquer india by 1550

achievement_eat_your_greens.jpg

Eat your Greens: Control all Grasslands in Asia as Kale before the Age of Absolutism. (We had some near enough spot-on guesses on this one from yesterday's teaser)

achievement_the_coin_is_stronger_than_the_sword.jpg

The Coin is Stronger than the Sword: Charter Company from an Indian nation

achievement_maharana_pratap.jpg

Maharana Pratap: Start as Mewar and field an army of 20 Rajput regiments

achievement_tiger_of_mysore.jpg

Tiger of Mysore: Starting as Mysore, conquer the Deccan and Coromandel Regions

achievement_foul_mouthed.jpg

Foul Mouthed: Border at least 10 nations and scornfully insult all of them.

achievement_emperor_of_hindustan.jpg

Emperor of Hindustan: Starting as Delhi, reconquer their empire at their height

achievement_the_ostenders.jpg

The Ostenders: As Austria have a fully built up Indian Company in West Bengal Area

Bringing the total achievements list up to a staggering 285, there are achievements across the world and for a wide variety of play styles. We focus on keeping them interesting without bringing in more quazi World Conquests or "conquer Germany as x" achievements. In this batch, I'm excited about the Kale achievement, as well as having a great excuse to get my Imperialist boots on as Denmark.

We have just a couple of Dev Diaries remaining before Dharma releases. Next week we will have a grand summary of new mechanics in Dharma, the cliff notes of changes if you will, and following that expect Patchnotes as usual.

Dharma is available for preorder on both The Paradox Store and On Steam and releases on Thursday September 6th alongside the free 1.26 Mughals Update. See you next week!

The Pheasant Strut is going to be hard. Prussia forms rarely enough that it is going to take quite a bit of luck. Maybe you could conquer the required provinces yourself and sell them to the most likely candidate?

We focus on keeping them interesting without bringing in more quazi World Conquests or "conquer Germany as x" achievements.

Glad to hear that:rolleyes:

Is "The Pheasant Strut" start date locked? Witnessing whole nature AI Prussia itself is kind of achievement in my opinion.
You could vassalize the Teutons, hope that they turn protestant and form Prussia. Vassal feed them big and fat and then declare on them. Gamey, but less RNG perhaps.

Anyway, nice achievements. Some tough ones due to time limits (I'm a rather slow player ...)

The Pheasant Strut

Seems had to be, not because of the war, but because how rare a 100'000 Manpower Prussia is

True Heir of Timor

That one seems hard to me, since all of India in 90 Years seems really pressed for time

Last edited:
Awwe man was hoping to see something relating to Tamil and Nestorians but oh well.
It'd be fun to conquer India as a Christian (especial a Nestorian Chrisitan).

• Sweet Home Qaraqorum: As the Mughals assimilate Mongolian culture

does that mean converting to it , or removing it from the map?

Will forming Rajputana break the mewar achievements?