• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone, and welcome to another Europa Universalis IV development diary. Today we’ll take a look at five new features which will be in the new Rights of Man expansion.

First of all.. Disinherit!
eu4_41.png

Now when you have these no good heirs, like a certain prince of Castille, you now have an option to deal with them. At any time, if your prestige is positive, you can chose to disinherit your current heir, for a mere cost of 50 prestige. Now we like to think of it as the heir becoming a happy farmer somewhere, but the people in the iron-mask industry need employment after all. The drawback of disinheriting, besides losing 50 prestige, is the fact that you will be without an heir after it..

The second feature is the Prussian Monarchy, a rather cool special government.
eu4_40.png

Whenever you form Prussia, you will change into a Prussian Monarchy, a government that was describes as an army with a state, not as a state with an army. So what does the Prussian Monarchy give you. Well, first of all, all Prussian Rulers will have a minimum of 3 in MIL. This alone gives you more military monarch power to spend on policies, ideas & technology on average. The government form in itself reduces unrest by 2 and war exhaustion by 0.02 each month, with autonomy reduction based on the rank.

The coolest part of this government form is the fact that it is a militarised society. This has a rating of 0-100%, where army tradition and legitimacy increases it, while each province you own decrease it. You can also at any time spend 50 military power to gain 10 militarization.

At 100 % militarized society, you gain +10% discipline, 33% cheaper army maintenance and 33% quicker manpower recovery.

Prussia with Rights of Man will be a taller state, that can punch far above its weight, and require a bit of a different playing strategie.

Our third feature is Strengthen Government.
eu4_42.png

This is basically an ability to have greater control of your government. For a mere 100 military power, you can at any time boost your legitimacy, devotion, horde unity or republican tradition. Republican Tradition is increased by 3%, while all the other is increased by 10.

The fourth feature of today is Abandon Personal Union.
eu4_44.png

This is a new diplomatic action, which is available for the senior in a personal union. Sometimes a union is not worth keeping, as the risks of a dangerous war may be too high, or you know they will win an independence war anyway. The overlord will lose some prestige, and depending on the subjects liberty desire, they will not even dislike you for giving them freedom.

And the fifth and final feature is Debase Currency.
eu4_43.png

This is a possibility to quickly get some money, without any interest to pay back, or other immediate drawbacks.. Except … for some minor corruption..

Basically, you get a free loan amount of money for just 2 corruption.

----------------

And as a free feature, as a apart of the 1.18-Prussia patch, we’re adding over 20 new DHE just for Prussia & Brandenburg, putting them on par with other tier 1 nations..

Next week, Jake will talk about the changes to Revolutionary Republics.

What please is DHE?

Yeah, we're in agreement that the mechanic is overpowered for republics. We just disagree on how much, but that's something that needs testing to know for sure. The problem is that you simply don't need as many military points as the other two. Once there are more things you need to spend your military points on this probably won't be as big of a deal.

My main confusion is how this costs Military points. It doesn't seem very thematic. It seems like more of a Diplomatic points thing.

My main confusion is how this costs Military points. It doesn't seem very thematic. It seems like more of a Diplomatic points thing.
You could imagine it like cracking down on dissidents, naysayers, and schemers in the court. Then it is a military action. In a republic it's using military action to strengthen the republican ideals. And so on.

Damn. A Reformed Prussia, with fervor focus on military would be OP.

Why is +10% army morale so special?

You would do better going protestant and getting the +5% army moraly bonus, and then all the other bonuses from being protestant

I think you guys are missing the point:

Prussia is being pushed in to only taking good lands. Accepted culture, good development... in other words: Germany. Prussia is being pushed AWAY from the normal tricks of mega-ideas countries (Sweden, PLC, France, etc.) in that they dont' want Prussia to just take any land possible and just feed it through their ideas to become unstoppable.

Basically they've added a game reason to play Prussia historically, and not like Russia 2.0 But this time with awesome ideas.

What I find strange is why is not Prussia then getting a bonus to development cost? I know they have like 5% or something like that, smaller compared to some of the other bonuses that exist, historically Prussia did really well in developing it's lands. If they nerf how much land Prussia can hold without compromising it's efficiency, they should also increase this bonus to at least compare it with the Netherlands, who I personally think Prussia beat in land development historically.

Prussia usually goes Protestant, which can give an additional -5% development cost giving them -10% total while the Netherlands (if it exists) tends to go Reformed. Prussia/Brandenburg is in the HRE which more often than not gets the first HRE reform with another -5% development cost. The Low Countries are already extremely developed and Prussia/Brandenburg tends to have undeveloped lands that cost much less to develop.

Can track my family last name from working on the Rhine, to the Netherlands, to Prussia, then to Russia when they were getting their development on historically. (lots of engineers, my uncle is one and I'm a chemist)

Prussia usually goes Protestant, which can give an additional -5% development cost giving them -10% total while the Netherlands (if it exists) tends to go Reformed. Prussia/Brandenburg is in the HRE which more often than not gets the first HRE reform with another -5% development cost. The Low Countries are already extremely developed and Prussia/Brandenburg tends to have undeveloped lands that cost much less to develop.

Can track my family last name from working on the Rhine, to the Netherlands, to Prussia, then to Russia when they were getting their development on historically. (lots of engineers, my uncle is one and I'm a chemist)

Sure, but in an MP game the Netherlands can also go protestant, and before Netherlands is formed, Holland with the same ideas also get the HRE bonus. You are also forgetting that Holland/Netherlands gets -25% development cost for Amsterdam. Also, that the Netherlands provinces are more well developed than Prussias at game start is another point in Netherlands favour imo. +now the Netherlands will not have the province nerf that Prussia does.

Sure, but in an MP game the Netherlands can also go protestant, and before Netherlands is formed, Holland with the same ideas also get the HRE bonus. You are also forgetting that Holland/Netherlands gets -25% development cost for Amsterdam. Also, that the Netherlands provinces are more well developed than Prussias at game start is another point in Netherlands favour imo. +now the Netherlands will not have the province nerf that Prussia does.

Thanks for rubbing it in you have friends to play with, really appreciate it. ;)

The Netherlands leave the HRE after forming unless an elector and most of the time before that is spent getting the territories (unless you're playing as Burgundy, think most do it as Holland) so you're using a lot of MP coring and in peace deals getting the required expensive provinces.

Thanks for rubbing it in you have friends to play with, really appreciate it. ;)

The Netherlands leave the HRE after forming unless an elector and most of the time before that is spent getting the territories (unless you're playing as Burgundy, think most do it as Holland) so you're using a lot of MP coring and in peace deals getting the required expensive provinces.

But once again lol, same would be true for Prussia no? Brandenburg start is a weak one.

And you don't need friends to play MP, just go to MP room and write hey I wanna play =P

Btw, is the Prussia buff a free feature or part of expansion? >_>